The Student Room Group

A-Level Spanish coursework- Como agua para chocolate

I need help with essay titles/ideas that I can write about for my Spanish coursework. There needs to be quite a bit to write about and analyse because I have to write 1200 words about it (in spanish). The book I chose to read and do my coursework on was 'Como Agua para Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel. Does anyone have any good essay questions on this book (in spanish or english). Or do they have any interesting history questions on the period in which it is set (mexican revolution etc etc)?
Reply 1
Luvbug
I need help with essay titles/ideas that I can write about for my Spanish coursework. There needs to be quite a bit to write about and analyse because I have to write 1200 words about it (in spanish). The book I chose to read and do my coursework on was 'Como Agua para Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel. Does anyone have any good essay questions on this book (in spanish or english). Or do they have any interesting history questions on the period in which it is set (mexican revolution etc etc)?

Hmm well you can write about how it demonstrates the inequality felt by women in Hispanic countries, you could draw some very good parallells between that book and La Casa de Bernada Alba, which is all about women's place in the Hispanic male-dominated world.
Or you could talk about the literary technique used in this book (magic realism) and how it is used in certain places throughout the story?
Hope this is helpful!
Paddy
Reply 2
Thank you. I have decided to use this title off the internet: 'What does the novel ‘Como Agua para Chocolate’ tell us about the domestic life of women?' What sort of points could I put under this heading that I could talk about for a bit in a paragraph or so?
Reply 3
Luvbug
Thank you. I have decided to use this title off the internet: 'What does the novel ‘Como Agua para Chocolate’ tell us about the domestic life of women?' What sort of points could I put under this heading that I could talk about for a bit in a paragraph or so?

You could talk abit about the backround of the time and place, ie Mexico at that time and how women were viewed in society. Sorry I'm not very well informed about spanish women :confused:
Paddy
Reply 4
I did questions on how Esquivel uses magic realism in the book. I hated the book though but hopefully it'll be interesting for you
Reply 5
It was interesting. Damn difficult to read but interesting! I mean it barely makes sense in English so reading it in Spanish was just a little tricky!

Latest

Trending

Trending