The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level French Paper 3, IRP/Speaking (9FR0 03) - 2024 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level French Paper 3, IRP/Speaking (9FR0 03) - 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: N/A
Length: N/A

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/french-2016.html
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi guys!! I do A-Level French (Edexcel), and my speaking exam is the first of May. Does anyone have any tips??? Because I am really struggling with revising and I'm so anxious.
Bumping this
Original post by sandiaduzzi
Hi guys!! I do A-Level French (Edexcel), and my speaking exam is the first of May. Does anyone have any tips??? Because I am really struggling with revising and I'm so anxious.

@erin11 might be able to give some advice (I did this exam, not Edexcel though but wouldn’t be able to give that much advice).

hey! im also doing French - im doing AQA but hopefully ill be able to help a little bit:

talk to your teachers!!! they're there to support and guide you, and will be able to help ease your nerves if you're honest with them about how youre feeling

practice with other people! maybe ask some of your friends if they're up for some French speaking practice together :smile:

the 5 min prep time - make bullet points rather than full sentences!! also, use the time to come up with questions to ask the examiner so you don't get stressed in the real thing

irp - when you've memorised it, read through and try to come up with a list of questions that you could be asked and jot down a few rough answers - will help the discussion part of the irp feel a little bit less daunting

hope that these help you a bit and sending you good luck for the exam!! :biggrin:
Reply 5

I did french at gcse (aqa), and while it sucks that my college didnt offer it, i did learn some pretty valuable skills and got an 8.

Prepare a grid with all the questions on all the units, and prewritten answers (that of course include beautiful vocab, adjectives, and tenses, or whatever your teacher's advised you to do)

Practice with your parents, siblings or friends (even if they don't speak french)

Learn to understand dialogue (IMPORTANT IN LISTENING + SPEAKING!!!!!!!), listen to the following when youre procrastinating: news in slow french, french netflix (alternate with and without subtitles), and who could forget the GLORIOUS french dialogue recordings from cgp and exam boards? (protip: listen on full volume with the crappiest headphones you own for the most authentic sans domicile fixe experience)

Make your speaking partner give you impromptu questions during the conversation or roleplay - iirc there were a list of question cards that teachers were given on exam day to ask students as wild cards. Try find something like that.

mine's the second right in the morning, so nervous but i think a big thing with speaking is just confidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending