The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
oh i see, thanks guys
*feels dumb*
f9filly
oh i see, thanks guys
*feels dumb*

lol don't worry, there's been loads of confusion about the case study.
Reply 782
thanks, i feel so annoyed about this exam, i don't know what to do or think!
Just want it to be over
Reply 783
I've nearly finished all the past papers for this unit.. I haven't seen anything synoptic come up so I'm assuming the only synoptic links will be with the article..
Got to finish all my article prep today, thank goodness for the resources on here...
I feel so stressed about this exam.. Stupid A*!
koop
it doesn't, its the sympathetic nerve connecting the brain to the SAN so only heart rates affected

Page 165 of snab tb says Vagus/Parasympathetic nerve is used to send nerve impulses along to SAN to decrease Heart Rate
sidrah
I've nearly finished all the past papers for this unit.. I haven't seen anything synoptic come up so I'm assuming the only synoptic links will be with the article..
Got to finish all my article prep today, thank goodness for the resources on here...
I feel so stressed about this exam.. Stupid A*!

You'll do great. Hit tht A*. Just work work work now!
We're in chat if thatll help you? But if you got revision planned...do thattt!
Reply 786
Does anyone know if we are given a whole new blank pre-release article or if that question will just be based on a certain extract from it??
prag92
Does anyone know if we are given a whole new blank pre-release article or if that question will just be based on a certain extract from it??

we're given a new blank one, and we'll be asked several questions from any parts of the booklet.
Reply 788
kappleberry
You'll do great. Hit tht A*. Just work work work now!
We're in chat if thatll help you? But if you got revision planned...do thattt!

Thanks, and yeah, unfortunately revision calls. I'll probably just keep up to date with this thread every time I get sick of revising and take a break..
Reply 789
abcdemilyxx
we're given a new blank one, and we'll be asked several questions from any parts of the booklet.

Peachy. :eek3: :woo: :eek3:
Reply 790
wheres the past papers online? I can find like 1 on the edexcel site :s:
Reply 791
anyone fancy writing a short summary of each core practical? :smile:
mainly I am confused about the reason for the sodalime/KOH (orwhatever) in the spirometer and respirometer. I don't really understand the spirometer/respirometer at all, or how to describe it in exam question format. habituation is easy though :smile:
Photoreceptors detect light hitting the retina... what detects a lack of light hitting the retina? :/
Sorry stupid question I know...
jimber

there's only 1 new one, try the old spec. salters-nuffield.
Reply 794
jimber

Its the new spec so only a specimen paper is around at the moment :frown:
_joshb_
mainly I am confused about the reason for the sodalime/KOH (orwhatever) in the spirometer and respirometer. I don't really understand the spirometer/respirometer at all, or how to describe it in exam question format. habituation is easy though :smile:

The sodalime/KOH absorbs CO2
Reply 796
www.deberker.com there's about 5 past papers on there, does anybody know where there's any more?
Reply 797
ahh that sucks! where are the old ones? i can't find any :s: my teacher gave me Jun 07 which is pretty similar to what we are doing...
_joshb_

the sodalime/ KOH is used so it can absorb the CO2, allowing the O2 concenration to be measured, if the Co2 is not removed the respirometers reading will not change because the same voume of co2 and o2 are produced during aerobic respiration.

hope this helped!!
_joshb_

soda lime/KOH absorbs the co2 so you're breathing in only o2 not co2 and you only need to measure the amount of o2.

spirometer measures breathing rate and tidal volume and the amount of air in the chamber decreases over time. it can be used before during and after exercise.
the respirometer has a manometer containing ink and as the insects in the tube respire, the ink will move upwards on the side that the insects are on due to pressure change which it controlled by a syringe on the other tube.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending