The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
anyone predicting which topics will come up? like questions which havent croped up in the other units?
Reply 981
Does anybody have summary notes of the sections in the article?

Doughboy posted a really good one earlier for the first section, just wondering if anybody had more summary notes for the rest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Reply 982
Soloman
anyone predicting which topics will come up? like questions which havent croped up in the other units?

I'm pretty certain all the topics in the paper tomorrow won't have come up in any of the other units... especially considering this unit has never been done before...
Reply 983
hellobonjour
Ah sorry, I wasn't clear, the ones in the text book, like Muller-lyer and the twin studies etc.

As long as you know the basics, mostly the fact that there are 5 main experiment categories for nature vs nurture
-twin studies
-animal experiments
-cross cultural studies
-brain damage studies
-newborn studies

And how each shows the importance of nature and/or nurture. We're probably going to be given information to analyse, so just bear the ideas in mind, rather than specifics.
Reply 984
And now I am officially unable to absorb any more information- my brain needs a rest!
Just in case I don't come on here tomorrow morning, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
I've found this thread so motivating for this exam, especially this past week.
So hopefully my input helped a little, and I'm sure we'll all do really well :smile:
Reply 985
skotch
I'm pretty certain all the topics in the paper tomorrow won't have come up in any of the other units... especially considering this unit has never been done before...

and what topics are they, that haven't come up in any of the other units?
Reply 986
_joshb_
and what topics are they, that haven't come up in any of the other units?

all the stuff in topics 7 and 8 surely? lol
Reply 987
Does anyone know where I can get the answers to the Exam-Style Topic Tests for topics 7 and 8?
Reply 988
Could someone please write the steps involved in the genetic engineering of the flies to make the P2X2 protein?

Thanks so much in advance.
1000 xD :biggrin:
peterejhamilton
1000 xD :biggrin:

Ah screw you Pete the only reason I've been hanging around here is to get the 1000th :p:

Although I don't count the original post as a post, so I get a moral victory.

So yeah how about that Biology eh?
Reply 991
skotch
all the stuff in topics 7 and 8 surely? lol

Ah right, I thought you meant you had some specific predictions :frown:

skotch
Does anyone know where I can get the answers to the Exam-Style Topic Tests for topics 7 and 8?

Yeah someone posted em yesterday, would've been a few pages back now
Swaying Eel
Ah screw you Pete the only reason I've been hanging around here is to get the 1000th :p:

Although I don't count the original post as a post, so I get a moral victory.

So yeah how about that Biology eh?

Only a bit less confident than unit 4 retake :smile:

Its that article though...so much potential for being raped!

Gna be in tomorrow morning sometime in the library so might see you there along with everyone else cramming!
peterejhamilton
Only a bit less confident than unit 4 retake :smile:

Its that article though...so much potential for being raped!

Gna be in tomorrow morning sometime in the library so might see you there along with everyone else cramming!

Excellent! Ahh it's only a third of the marks I wouldn't worry about it :rolleyes: I reckon we'll be ok..........

Yeaah man no doubt, i'm getting in for like half 8, hopefully Josh can tell me everything I need to know and more :p:

Back to re-highlighting everything for me.
Reply 994
Unit 5 sample isn't bad... except for that really retarded final question [7 marks] on HIV trends T_T Too vague and open-ended IMO.
Swaying Eel
Excellent! Ahh it's only a third of the marks I wouldn't worry about it :rolleyes: I reckon we'll be ok..........

Yeaah man no doubt, i'm getting in for like half 8, hopefully Josh can tell me everything I need to know and more :p:

Back to re-highlighting everything for me.

Waaay ahead of you. He isn't coming in till lunch lol. I have already explored that option!
Reply 996
AnythingButChardonnay
Found them all and their mark schemes! Enjoy.

ah you legend!
Reply 997
:eek:

stress!!!!!!! increase noradrenaline conc in blood.
with time and repeated stress!!, my number of badrenoreceptors would drop, decreasing the level of my cyclic amp! argh!! im not sure whether this adaptation is taking plce in me rite now.. :eek3:
Reply 998
im actually not stressed lol.
EXAM DAY!!!!!You are a Genius but we arent Pedus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending