The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Laddergoat
Ectopic beats question asked us to Describe and Explain. So even if we we only said that the QRS complex was inverted and there was no P-wave for the ectopic beat, leading to a skipped heart beat according to the second picture (forgot what it was called), I think that's 3/5 of the marking points. They gave us a whole page to blabber on about it so that question couldn't have gone too bad :smile:

Whats QRS ?
With regards to that paper...just FML
I messed up the soda lime one reading what everyone's put, have severly messed up that stupid ectopic heartbeat question.
The ONLY question i found "easy" was the one which basically split action potentials into 3 bits :\
sooo 10/90 reckon thats A material? lol
Reply 1182
i dont know why i turned up to my biology lessons because they were useless as the only questions i could do could have been done if i had just read the text book at home
I don't think the grade boundaries will differ that much from those seen for 6BI04 in Jan 2010; it will probably be around 55-57/90 for an A maybe but I don't think it will go much lower.
Reply 1184
Shining*
Etopic (or whatever) and the soda lime question! How did people find that?!

:frown:

Disastrous.

I revised so insanely hard for this exam.

Still in shock I managed to mess it up.

I was getting continuously 90% + in all the practice papers.. and just fell flat on my face when it came to the real thing.

Reply 1185
zoolander0110
yer i know that, but in the question it said look at paragraph 1 on page 7, which went on about nerves? this threw me.

this is what I thought...
Which made me think it must have something to do with sending impulses to secondary messengers to start protein synthesis...

I honestly had no idea...
Reply 1186
annsue
i dont know why i turned up to my biology lessons because they were useless as the only questions i could do could have been done if i had just read the text book at home

I actually did that lol
Lets all join the group!!!!!well fan page:smile:
Soda__Dreamer
Whats QRS ?

The QRS complex is the big peak (ventricular systole) that occurs between the P wave and the T wave.
Reply 1192
Think overall the paper was ok :-) despite rubbish and incomplete revision, I felt comfortable till Q7 lol

Hardest questions in first bit was definately the ectopic heart beat one :-s

The pre-release was definatelyyyy hard. Had no clue about anything except the parkinsons question and few related qs after that. Out of 30, il be extremely lucky to score 10 from that.

At least the next bunch of A2s will have some clue of what to expect :-s

I hope my courseworks save me too :-s
LetoKynes
The QRS complex is the big peak (ventricular systole) that occurs between the P wave and the T wave.

OH thats what its called. I wrote aobut that! I wondered what everyone was talking a bout :s-smilie: lol thanks :smile:
Oh dear, that was not what I had hoped for. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either :/

The article stuff was ridiculous. How can Edexcel set questions asking us to read through the whole article to find examples of things when they only give 1h30? Our college has already complained once about the time being too short, hopefully it will complain again.
Reply 1195
Da_hopeful_1
Who's worried about not meeting their offers because of this paper then ?

MEEEEE :woo: :cool: LOL
seriously i am :cool:
Simone_
Disastrous.

I revised so insanely hard for this exam.

Still in shock I managed to mess it up.

I was getting continuously 90% + in all the practice papers.. and just fell flat on my face when it came to the real thing.

exact same as me! i hate edexcel
Reply 1197
Ive just been looking through the past papers I was doing in preparation for this exam...(to try and see how I could have gone so so wrong)

The past papers were 60minutes for 40 marks.

This paper they gave us 50 extra marks to go fetch.... and only 30min extra to do this.

I swear thats abit unfair :frown:
mariame
MEEEEE :woo: :cool: LOL
seriously i am :cool:

lool u dont seem worried judging by the smileys :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending