The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ambrin ox
you are amazing!!!! thank you !!!! btw any chance you might have biol1 notes?? :smile: thanks again!

Nope sorry, that's all I made recently, if I were resitting biol1 I would have posted them :smile:

Good luck.
Reply 81
Original post by SteveCrain
Nope not me

Ahh okay, im liking how you guys are answering questions as such, have you any condesed notes that i could go over please?
i still havent started revision yet, not even read through the book.
Reply 83
Original post by Master S P
Ahh okay, im liking how you guys are answering questions as such, have you any condesed notes that i could go over please?

No, but two people do. One at the start of this thread, and one in another thread

good luck
I'm retaking this test after a bad result in Jan... I feel so stupid it's unreal :-/ I find the stuff easy, its just the exam technique...
Reply 85
26th May - Leavers Assembly, Biol2 Exam, Prom.. AND My Birthday! :frown:
Reply 86
question 4 on the june 09 unit 2 paper

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

anyone care to explain?
Original post by Nuss
question 4 on the june 09 unit 2 paper

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

anyone care to explain?

Yep - at telophase there are just as many chromosomes in a nucleus as at prophase (because the dna rep happens before prophase). so the 1st row is the same as the row above it (26;30).
However, sex cells have half the number of chromosomes so have 13, and therefore half the mass therefore 15.
Reply 88
Original post by qwerty54321
Yep - at telophase there are just as many chromosomes in a nucleus as at prophase (because the dna rep happens before prophase). so the 1st row is the same as the row above it (26;30).
However, sex cells have half the number of chromosomes so have 13, and therefore half the mass therefore 15.

the mass for prophase is 60, why is it halved?
Original post by EffKayy

Oh I see what you mean. Hmm. What I think is that at prophase there are still 26 chromosomes (but they are the double distinct chromosomes - ready to split) and in telophase there are only one chromatid (so half the mass). Does that make sense?
Reply 90
Anybody have a list of BIOL2 definitions? :confused:
Original post by Master.K
Anybody have a list of BIOL2 definitions? :confused:

Look at the back of your textbook :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by EffKayy

The mass would normally be 30, but since prophase is the first distinct stage after DNA replication, and production of identical sister chromatids, it is 60.

It is halved because the sister chromatids are pulled to opposite poles and two nuclei are formed in telophase.
Reply 93
Describe the adaptations of an insect for efficient gas exchange. (6)

Describe the adaptations of a plant for efficient gas exchange. (6)
Reply 94
Bio 1 done, now for Bio 2...
Reply 95
Original post by Sadii

Original post by Sadii
AWwww...! thankyou all so much! .. if any1 is doing physics B ocr (advancing physics) ive started notes as ion spider diagrams so let me know if you need them :smile: ...x

would you mind sending me the diagrams? im sooo gonna fail physics i need all the help i can get :frown:
Original post by liviaaa
Bio 1 done, now for Bio 2...

Hey, how did you find it?

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

Also, what did you put for "Describe what point A is"

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?
Reply 97
what do we need to know about the blood system in unit 2?
Reply 98
Original post by Benevolence
Hey, how did you find it?

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

Also, what did you put for "Describe what point A is"

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?

Yeah I thought it was okay. :smile:

I put 86.7.. yours is probably right though.

It's a similar shape to the substrate, so binds to the active site preventing the lactose binding.

I just said (can't remember the exact figures) that at 35% fat in the diet, 20 per 100,000 people died in that one country.
Original post by jessplease
what do we need to know about the blood system in unit 2?

Look on the mark scheme :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending