The Student Room Group

Edexcel Drama and Theatre Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

Anyone doing twelfth night for section c?
Original post by ameliagrace
Anyone doing twelfth night for section c?

I am! I watched it last year and have forgotten basically everything :/
What is the difference between scenery and set??
Original post by PurpleRain123
I am! I watched it last year and have forgotten basically everything :/

aahhh was it the RSC in Taunton?? i've forgotton everything too!
Good luck everyone!!!
Just show off what you know about drama and do your best - its all we can do ! Drama is an exam where there are no right answers; everything is right so long as you support it with reasons/examples. So don't panic and don't forget to relax afterwards! Particularly if its your last one!!! :biggrin:
Original post by jecoles111
Compare what? The original performance conditions to my adaptation? :s-smilie:

Original post by Samus2
Edit: Section B you need to show some understanding (even if very basic) of the historical context if the question doesn't state it. Even just a line so "I would use this not only because of X and X but also because it would stay true to the original performance in ancient greece"
However, if one question is on Historical Context - chances are the other one will be on design elements/staging :smile:

Bang on. You need to relate how say, in Section B for Lysistrata - I would use this lighting, however, they would not have had the facilities to use this lighting. That's if lighting was the sole theme of the essay. So, if you're answering about a stage element, compare lightly to Section A's original context.
Good luck, all.
Reply 227
Good luck everyone! anyone following me to do drama at uni?
Reply 228
My drama teacher just emailed me with revised notes and info for the 3rd time tonight, told me to chillax and signed her email with a X.

I love that woman.
Reply 229
Hiya,
I know this is a tad late but can anyone send to my email

[Removed]

or post up on here questions from a past paper for Lysistrata

This would be of SOOO much help!!

Thanks in advanced..
Reply 230
I could really do with this too! thanks x
Reply 231
Is everyone still stressing? After reading this I am confused about section B? I thought we had to just give our interpretations of a modern version? Can someone help? I read theyre are two questions to choose from?
Original post by tula baby
Is everyone still stressing? After reading this I am confused about section B? I thought we had to just give our interpretations of a modern version? Can someone help? I read theyre are two questions to choose from?

You will get a choice of two questions like discuss your interpretation for a specific audience OR your interpretation, focusing on design aspects. It is your interpretation yes but they will link it to a specific theme/aspect. :smile:
From what I've gathered everyone seems to be as screwed for Drama as my class and I. So let's all go into it knowing very little, having been taught very little, and give those examiners a small choice of good exempler work for which to display to the poor next year Drama students! (suckers) :smile:
Good luck everyone. Pretty petrified about this, and also worried how my arm will survive all the writing! Can't wait to have it over and done with! Stay calm everyone, and just do you best. Whatever you do, ANSWER THE QUESTION and JUSTIFY your answers.. you can't go too far wrong :smile:
xx
Who was immature and put negative reputation for my advice? Dear me.
Good luck to all of you. Hope it goes well. I'll repoen the thread after 4.30am. After the time's passed please report the thread if it's not been opened.
How did everyone find this exam?
Reply 238
Original post by xoxjubixox
How did everyone find this exam?

surprisingly easy! I must have checked my script about 4 times though in the exam to make sure i had no notes left in there!
Original post by Samus2
surprisingly easy! I must have checked my script about 4 times though in the exam to make sure i had no notes left in there!

I thought section C was a bit mean. Talking about ONE design element for a whole essay was very difficult! hopefully i've done alrightish on it though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending