The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Drama and Theatre Studies (7262/W) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies Written Paper (7262/W) - 7th June 2023[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 7th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 3h
Reply 1
Hi, hope everyone is doing okay and feeling good about this exam... It's wayyyy too long but anyways. Good luck with revision!

I'm doing Much Ado About Nothing, Our Country's Good, and a couple of Live Theatre plays such as The Tempest. If anyone has anything to do with this, let me know!
Reply 2
Hi - does anybody have access to the 2022 paper - or what the Accident Death of an Anarchist questions were? Good luck everyone!
Reply 3
hey, is anyone doing Our Country's Good or Hedda Gabler. I'm also doing Small Island for the live theatre section.

Also, does anyone possibly have any notes for Small Island that they wouldn't mind sharing with me. We basically lost our teacher last year and the one we've had this year is useless and literally has no clue what we are meant to do for our course (which obvs is making me feel super stressed as I literally have no one to get feedback on for my written work or anything :frown:). Our teacher is so unprepared that we literally had to re-do all of the course in the last 2 months because our old teacher had left without warning with like all of our coursework and everything (and apparently now no one can contact her), so we literally only did our devising performance and monologue last week.

But yeah essentially we were told by our teacher yesterday that we cant use the original play we were going to for our live theatre as its like out of date for the AQA regulations or something (I mean I wish that was something she had checked beforehand but oh well I guess). And yeah essentially I have to study a completely new production tonight and I'm now super stressed that I wont cover everything that I need to - as I also have two other exams back to back this week which means I have like no time. Please someone help - or at least give me some guidance on responding to this section as I am now so worried about it.

Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by c_brn09
hey, is anyone doing Our Country's Good or Hedda Gabler. I'm also doing Small Island for the live theatre section.

Also, does anyone possibly have any notes for Small Island that they wouldn't mind sharing with me. We basically lost our teacher last year and the one we've had this year is useless and literally has no clue what we are meant to do for our course (which obvs is making me feel super stressed as I literally have no one to get feedback on for my written work or anything :frown:). Our teacher is so unprepared that we literally had to re-do all of the course in the last 2 months because our old teacher had left without warning with like all of our coursework and everything (and apparently now no one can contact her), so we literally only did our devising performance and monologue last week.

But yeah essentially we were told by our teacher yesterday that we cant use the original play we were going to for our live theatre as its like out of date for the AQA regulations or something (I mean I wish that was something she had checked beforehand but oh well I guess). And yeah essentially I have to study a completely new production tonight and I'm now super stressed that I wont cover everything that I need to - as I also have two other exams back to back this week which means I have like no time. Please someone help - or at least give me some guidance on responding to this section as I am now so worried about it.

Thanks

Hey, so sorry this is happening to you!! Annoyingly, this chat is much more empty and less active than the other drama or exams ones - I think less people do this exam board or just don't use this platform idk!!

I do OCG too! I'm not doing Small Island, but I've got about 2 plays that I could talk about - The Tempest or Curious Incident of the Dog In The Nightime.

I would make sure you address the 'total dramatic effectiveness' of the live theatre question by stating the aims of the play and linking it to the question, and for OCG as long as you get your ideas down with suitable terminology and that with justification, you should be okay!!

Good luck for later, so sorry for this totally late reply :smile:
How did you guys find the exam?
I did our countrys good, A servant to two masters and live production and i found it okay. The OCG questions were so limiting thoughhhh
Reply 6
Original post by domyworkplease
I did our countrys good, A servant to two masters and live production and i found it okay. The OCG questions were so limiting thoughhhh

I also did ocg and I thought the questions were alright. I enjoyed the design question and the wise hammer question. I dislike Ralph questions anyway so I didn’t like that one. Overall I’d give the exam a 8/10
Reply 7
how did people find the exam? - i thought the live theatre questions were quite nice
Reply 8
I can't find an Edexcel thread but the Edexcel questions were awful. For our 18 markers on realising a performance text, we had to answer one about stage space and one about lighting/sound in the extract. Our extract barely had anything you could do, and lighting and sound are so tricky since we do a naturalistic play. Even our live theatre questions were like 2 questions in one. Honestly just crossing my fingers that my practical will carry me through
Reply 9
Original post by casper41111
how did people find the exam? - i thought the live theatre questions were quite nice

Which one did you do? i did the "tell the story" one but i feel like i should've done the naturalistic character

A Servant to two masters Q1 was horrible! The vaguest relantionship they could have choosen! Beatrice x Clarice?! What! I strugg;ed to get much out for that. There are three scenes MAX and two of them aren't even that good. Live Theatre was beautiful and then Glass Menagerie was also good.
Original post by KingNurple
Which one did you do? i did the "tell the story" one but i feel like i should've done the naturalistic character

I did 'naturalistic' since I did Jane Eyre so...
I don't know which intellectual individual thought sound was a kind question to give for design, but I don't like them very much. Overall it did go reasonably well though so not overly disappointed.
Original post by WillBrushfield
I don't know which intellectual individual thought sound was a kind question to give for design, but I don't like them very much. Overall it did go reasonably well though so not overly disappointed.

hhahaha i'm feeling the same, sound is a harder question than my AQA set question (two set designs and how you'd transfer them) but I was still very annoyed that they wanted 2 designs for a 10 mark questionnnnnnnn
Original post by Al_ICE04
A Servant to two masters Q1 was horrible! The vaguest relantionship they could have choosen! Beatrice x Clarice?! What! I strugg;ed to get much out for that. There are three scenes MAX and two of them aren't even that good. Live Theatre was beautiful and then Glass Menagerie was also good.

I thought that too don't worry! Like their relationship barely develops much and it was so limiting because you couldn't write about silvio or beatrice's disguise
Reply 15
Original post by Al_ICE04

ASTTM was so weird, fully expecting silvio to come up but instead they picked the weirdest pairing 😭
Reply 16
hhahaha i'm feeling the same, sound is a harder question than my AQA set question (two set designs and how you'd transfer them) but I was still very annoyed that they wanted 2 designs for a 10 mark questionnnnnnnn

i panicked on the “how you would transition between the two scenes” bit like that really threw me off…
glad drama is over now though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending