The Student Room Group

WJEC By2 - Thursday 26th May 2011

Who else is sitting By2 next month?

How's the revision going? I like By2, I'm resitting it to try and grab a few extra marks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm fairly confident for it, it'll be my first time sitting it. I resat By1 last Monday, it went well too :smile:
Reply 2
what were the essays for BY2 in January?
Reply 3
I think in January it was one on Structure & adaptions of the leaf(for photosynthesis and gas exchange) and then one on the Circulatory system.

I'm very nervous for this exam. I definitely don't feel as prepared as I should be. =S
I sware there is so much to learn for this unit compared to unit 1!!!
Reply 5
Tomorrow will be the 3rd time I've sat this exam - dreading it so much! :frown:

Has anyone else found that BY2 is 'harder' than BY4 and BY5?

Sooooo much to learn on so many different topics!
I've been revising all day for this. :/ Even after all this time, I don't feel prepared. It's a bit of hit-and-miss paper, where pretty much anything can come up out of a vague and frankly, oddly put together syllabus.

Good luck to everyone else doing the paper :smile:
Reply 7
I'm not looking forward to the paper at all! I agree there is so much to learn and it just seems all too vague to me. But I have a good 18 hours till my exam to cram :P
Original post by Groberts00
I'm not looking forward to the paper at all! I agree there is so much to learn and it just seems all too vague to me. But I have a good 18 hours till my exam to cram :P

Original post by PurpleNinja
I've been revising all day for this. :/ Even after all this time, I don't feel prepared. It's a bit of hit-and-miss paper, where pretty much anything can come up out of a vague and frankly, oddly put together syllabus.

Good luck to everyone else doing the paper :smile:

Original post by LukeMT
Tomorrow will be the 3rd time I've sat this exam - dreading it so much! :frown:

Has anyone else found that BY2 is 'harder' than BY4 and BY5?

Sooooo much to learn on so many different topics!

Original post by Alicelouise134
I sware there is so much to learn for this unit compared to unit 1!!!

Original post by Dusty12
I think in January it was one on Structure & adaptions of the leaf(for photosynthesis and gas exchange) and then one on the Circulatory system.

I'm very nervous for this exam. I definitely don't feel as prepared as I should be. =S

Original post by Matty707
what were the essays for BY2 in January?

Original post by AlexBamsey
I'm fairly confident for it, it'll be my first time sitting it. I resat By1 last Monday, it went well too :smile:

Original post by Matthew Higgins
Who else is sitting By2 next month?

How's the revision going? I like By2, I'm resitting it to try and grab a few extra marks!

Hey everyone, I did this exam in January, I have all the mark schemes for biology, or if you have any other questions I should be able to help! :biggrin:
I got 98/120 on BY2 in january, which is alright, but i am no good at BY5 so I cant help you there im afraid! :smile:

Tom.
Reply 9
Hey Tom can you post june 2009, jan 2010 and june 2010 please?:redface:
Reply 10
Original post by planetconwy1
Hey everyone, I did this exam in January, I have all the mark schemes for biology, or if you have any other questions I should be able to help! :biggrin:
I got 98/120 on BY2 in january, which is alright, but i am no good at BY5 so I cant help you there im afraid! :smile:

Tom.

I know it's a bit of a vague question, but what sort of essay questions that they usually ask?
With BY1 it was easy, with obvious stuff like the properties of water, but it's harder to predict now. =S
Reply 11
They ask about Darwin's finches, Dentition and Ruminants, How Heartbeat's are initiated, Reproductive Strategies of Mammals and Fish and stuff like that. The possibilities are endless which is really annoying! Thanks for the mark schemes Tom!
Original post by Groberts00
Hey Tom can you post june 2009, jan 2010 and june 2010 please?:redface:

Yeah sure, send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you! :smile:
Original post by Dusty12
I know it's a bit of a vague question, but what sort of essay questions that they usually ask?
With BY1 it was easy, with obvious stuff like the properties of water, but it's harder to predict now. =S

They usually ask two contrasting questions, e.g Leaf + heart, or, Darwin + Parasites. If you go through the WJEC revision guide, as a rough guide they can usually give you an essay question only on the topics where there would be about 15 marking points, so you can easily not include some of the smaller topics.
Reply 13
Original post by planetconwy1
They usually ask two contrasting questions, e.g Leaf + heart, or, Darwin + Parasites. If you go through the WJEC revision guide, as a rough guide they can usually give you an essay question only on the topics where there would be about 15 marking points, so you can easily not include some of the smaller topics.

Thanks.:smile:
Reply 14
Anyone have the summer 2008 mark scheme? Its such a horrible paper, i don't have a clue... Would really appreciate it if someone could send it to me! :smile:
Reply 15
I'm clueless with oxygen dissociation curves. Can someone please try to explain this to me?
I'm completely dying of fear for the exam, in 2 hours time! *creys* Hope everyone has luck! I know I'm going to need it.
Reply 17
Had some tricky questions on that paper xD
Reply 18
Well that was a strange mix of questions...

Not what I expected at all! Didn't have a chance to actually expand fully on anything I'd revised :/
Reply 19
Was expecting more on the heart to be honest and was also suprised by the number of questions on enzymes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending