The Student Room Group

WJEC By2 - Thursday 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The first question was:
complete metamorphosis: egg, larva, pupa, adult
incomplete metamorphosis: egg, nymph, adult
(but obvs in the right letters/numbers they wanted)
Original post by LukeMT

I think BY2 exam is alot harder than BY4 & BY5
The exam yesterday was awful!
Reply 62
What was the answer to the cheetah question where you had to define what what had happened to the cheetahs was called?:s-smilie:
Original post by Dusty12
What was the answer to the cheetah question where you had to define what what had happened to the cheetahs was called?:s-smilie:

I put Extinction, as did my sister but according to my teacher, It was 'bottle neck affect' or biodiversity crisis' WTF?!?!
Reply 64
Original post by thelooby94
I put Extinction, as did my sister but according to my teacher, It was 'bottle neck affect' or biodiversity crisis' WTF?!?!

I put extinction too! I have no idea wtf those other things you mention are!:nooo::tongue:

After discussing with people, I reckon that 'extinction' is wrong, but I can't think of much else plausible. It was an early, 'easy' question, so I didn't expect it to be something too complicated. I looked up the 'Population bottleneck' that your teacher mentioned. It deff. seems to apply to this cheetah situation, but I don't think they would have put it in the exam paper if we hadn't leant the phrase previously. I don't think its in teh WJEC book. :dontknow:

Let's just hope lots of people have put extinction so that they allow it in the markscheme.:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
I put inbreeding, as that's what it's described as in the textbook, but they probably won't give that a mark as they mentioned inbreeding in the question. Oh well, as long as I get 1 mark above a B I get an A :biggrin:. I thought the question about phenolphthalein was a bit weird - it didn't really allow you to refer to the digestive system that much, despite being about digestive enzymes :s
Reply 66
what answer did everyone get for the heartbeat question??
i got 75 but quite a lot of people have been saying they got 150! :s Overall though i found the paper to be pretty straight forward! The heart question through me off a bit though! :frown:
Reply 67
60/0.8=75

75 is a lot more likely than 150 for a human heartbeat! I reckon your friends are wrong.
Reply 68
Original post by Dusty12

Original post by Dusty12
60/0.8=75

75 is a lot more likely than 150 for a human heartbeat! I reckon your friends are wrong.

ahhhh ok cheers thats what i thought! :smile:
Im an A2 student who retook this in May and it was my worst exam... I'd be LUCKY to get a U it was awful :frown:
Reply 70
Please tell me someone has this paper!!!???
Reply 71
Original post by Ghostface
Please tell me someone has this paper!!!???

Yeah, HERE you go.
Ahh, I remember the exam fondly. :moon:
Reply 72
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 73
any chance of a mark scheme?
Reply 74
no worries I've founbd the mark scheme, thanks anyway!
Reply 75
Original post by planetconwy1
Hey everyone, I did this exam in January, I have all the mark schemes for biology, or if you have any other questions I should be able to help! :biggrin:
I got 98/120 on BY2 in january, which is alright, but i am no good at BY5 so I cant help you there im afraid! :smile:

Tom.

Hey Tom,
do you still have the june 2009 BY2 mark scheme? if you do please could you send it to me?
thanks
Reply 76
Original post by IH12
Hey Tom,
do you still have the june 2009 BY2 mark scheme? if you do please could you send it to me?
thanks

I know you weren't asking me...but here it is, LINK.:biggrin:
Reply 77
thank you sooo much :smile:
Reply 78
Does anyone have a Mark scheme for BY2 JAN 2012????
Reply 79
Original post by rbradshaw
Does anyone have a Mark scheme for BY2 JAN 2012????

Hey. I think THIS is it?(not sure - I don't do Biology any more)
But it's def. January 2012 and it has BY2 in it, so I assume so.

Good luck and have fun with the exam.:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending