The Student Room Group

AS Biology f212 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Thought it went really well! :biggrin:... and the stuff people said would come up on here did. Thanks.
Reply 781
I'm an idiot, with the CITES question I called it Conservation rather than Convention FFFF-...

I did like that paper, the 7/8 mark questions weren't difficult - I know I've decimated the DNA and DNA replication bit since I love those questions.
Original post by shuty
what do u think the grade boundaries would be? cuz i thought it was OK, i might get 70 sooo what u lot thinkin?

5-A
4-B
3-C

:rolleyes:
Reply 783
:| im not sure how it went...sum bit were amazing ,,and then others were like :|:| wth is this lool
hopw i got an A ...and hope the grade boundaries arnt tooo high....it was 62 to get an A last year...but that paper was solid :frown: ....i think theyre gunna raise it to like 70-75 to get an A....which is not good lool
Original post by Leeshur
I'm an idiot, with the CITES question I called it Conservation rather than Convention FFFF-...

I did like that paper, the 7/8 mark questions weren't difficult - I know I've decimated the DNA and DNA replication bit since I love those questions.

omg I think I did the same -_-
anyone else finish early? I finished 15 min early :s
Reply 786
Original post by slacker07906
I HATED IT :frown: What the hell was then answer to celery question? I said that it was liquidised but an enzyme needs a specific tertiary structure and active site so they could make it thicker? ha!

I put that because the celery was liquified it increases the surface area, so the production of oxygen would be too fast and make it difficult to measure.

This can be corrected by using small chunks of celery instead of it being in a liquified state.
Reply 787
I HATED IT :frown: What the hell was then answer to celery question? I said that it was liquidised but an enzyme needs a specific tertiary structure and active site so they could make it thicker? ha!

I put that you don't know the exact concentration of the catalase in the liquidised celery... I said use pure catalase instead :/
Reply 788
5-A
4-B
3-C

:rolleyes:

how did u find it?:smile:
Reply 789
Original post by jcb123
I put that because the celery was liquified it increases the surface area, so the production of oxygen would be too fast and make it difficult to measure.

This can be corrected by using small chunks of celery instead of it being in a liquified state.

for that celery question i put, celery produces its own o2 gas:confused:
Reply 790
I really hope grade boundaries r LOWWWWWW
Hated it, most people prob failed last two pages like me (i hope) :colondollar:
Reply 792
The depressing moment when you come on here to find people thought the exam, you thought was terrible, went well :L
Reply 793
The celergy question. It said sample?
So I went on about how it's from different celeries... o.O'
And we need to use the same celergy.
Also, I wrote about how it didn't specify amount of liquidated celergy... Lol. =(
Grade boundaries will have to be low, most likely as low as Jan 11
Reply 795
Original post by ayseta
I put that you don't know the exact concentration of the catalase in the liquidised celery... I said use pure catalase instead :/

i sed use pure catalase aswell :/
odd question on celery, i wrote maybe the liquidation process denatures enzymes?

anyway, the big one on lung cancer was a bit iffy as well...
It didn't really feel like science to me :/

I feel pretty confident about it, although I know I definitely got the CITES question wrong. Totally at a loss, I made up something like "Co-operative International Trade in Ecological Systems" LOL. /).<
STUPID CITES, lol, me & my friends had fun making up abbreviations meanings that we knew could not possibly be true. Oh, and for the celery question I put "as to be added fresh for each sample" and "there may not be much catalase in each celery, so liquidise many celelry". Fail.

How do you get 6 marks for talking about the development of lung cancer? :s-smilie: I wrote some stuff on carcinogenic/ tar/ mutations, but I still had loads of writing space left...

All in all, it could have been A LOT worse, and I was dreading the disease/ specific immune response questions, wasn't that bad.

Hope everyone gets good grades, we won't have an idea of grade boundaries until results day, but most people in my year found F212 much easier than the F211 paper this year :smile:
Reply 799
Did the celery question say the student used the same amount of celery, I put this as the improvement?

Doh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending