The Student Room Group

How long did it take to hear back from home office interview?

Hi. I had an interview last week for an AO Home Office role and just wondered how long it had taken other people to hear back about whether they were successful or not?
I’ll be starting at the Home Office as an AO soon. It took 7 weeks to hear back. It was mass recruitment and everyone was told at the same time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by MAI10
Hi. I had an interview last week for an AO Home Office role and just wondered how long it had taken other people to hear back about whether they were successful or not?

Hi, I had an interview for an AO role at the Home Office on the 26th August and I found out on the 26th October that I was successful. It was a long wait... just under 9 weeks.
Reply 3
Original post by ayy_daps
I’ll be starting at the Home Office as an AO soon. It took 7 weeks to hear back. It was mass recruitment and everyone was told at the same time.

Thank you for replying. The role I applied for was also part of a mass recruitment, I think there was something like 80 positions. I assume mine might be a similar wait then.
Reply 4
Original post by HappyDays14
Hi, I had an interview for an AO role at the Home Office on the 26th August and I found out on the 26th October that I was successful. It was a long wait... just under 9 weeks.

Thank you for replying. Sounds like it is common to have a long wait to hear back. I think I will find the wait to hear back quite difficult.
Reply 5
Did you get your start date pretty quick after that? My husband just found out 2 weeks ago he has been successful for a SEO role. We are just wondering how long before a start date. It was mass recruitment too.
Reply 6
Original post by Rouge33
Did you get your start date pretty quick after that? My husband just found out 2 weeks ago he has been successful for a SEO role. We are just wondering how long before a start date. It was mass recruitment too.

It still took a little while after being told I was successful to be offered a start date. I think it was around 5 months.
23/25 I'm considering applying had police check feb 23 and attended online job discuss chat, want a role Midlands notts,Derby,Leicester, etc which may develop so do other work until then, if work at office OK if work at home OK ( there may be some payment incentive towards electricity bill as use computer charging a lot at home if interviewing clients I am sure they will think of some ideas as wd use a lot of electricity especially winter laptop, lighting etc
Reply 8
Anyone started this role yet and can give some insight what it is like day to day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending