The Student Room Group

does the increase in fees vary for different degrees?

stupid question, but does it vary?
It'll differ between universities I'd assume.
Reply 2
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
It'll differ between universities I'd assume.

no no, I think you misinterpreted my post.

I meant by degree and not uni, for example a maths degree might cost less than a chemical engineering degree because engineering uses a lot more resources than a maths degree

is this how it works?
Reply 3
It does at Coventry, although some unis are charging a blanket fee.
Reply 4
Yes they can vary but you will find that is not the way the universities are deciding their pricing, they are not looking at the cost of running the course when deciding fees. They are looking at the popularity of the course and what they think is the most they charge for it and still get enough students.
Original post by ilyking
no no, I think you misinterpreted my post.

I meant by degree and not uni, for example a maths degree might cost less than a chemical engineering degree because engineering uses a lot more resources than a maths degree

is this how it works?

That's what I meant. I'd assume it'd differ between universities - some may charge the same for most if not all degree courses, whereas others would vary the prices based upon whatever factor they choose.
Reply 6
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
That's what I meant. I'd assume it'd differ between universities - some may charge the same for most if not all degree courses, whereas others would vary the prices based upon whatever factor they choose.

ok thanks, just what I needed to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending