The Student Room Group

when to apply for student finance for uni

so i'm hoping to start uni on the september 2024 when do i have to apply for finance? just that it said on my student finance page for a loan 2023/ 2024 so when do i apply? if i'm starting uni sept 2024?
Reply 1
Original post by aiasally1
so i'm hoping to start uni on the september 2024 when do i have to apply for finance? just that it said on my student finance page for a loan 2023/ 2024 so when do i apply? if i'm starting uni sept 2024?

2024/2025 apply if not shown on your page wait i dont think you can apply now application open around jan or feb time

Student finance applications will open in Feb/March for 2024 entry. :smile:

Hi,

Applications usually open around February time and it's best to apply as soon as you can to ensure everything is in order before you begin your studies. I would recommend once you know which university you will be attending, start your application as I applied once I'd received an offer and as a result had everything in order when I began university in September.

I hope this is of some assistance,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
Original post by normaw
Student finance applications will open in Feb/March for 2024 entry. :smile:
So would they be open now?
In some recent posts, SFE is now saying March but they've still not given an exact date. Keep watching this forum and I'll post an update when it opens. :smile:
Original post by ArtsUniPlymouth
Student Finance England start taking applications after 31st May for the following September start.

That's not correct - applications open in March for undergrad applications. The specific date has not been announced yet.
Original post by normaw
That's not correct - applications open in March for undergrad applications. The specific date has not been announced yet.
oh, okay, sorry must've got my info mixed up
Reply 8
Original post by normaw
In some recent posts, SFE is now saying March but they've still not given an exact date. Keep watching this forum and I'll post an update when it opens. :smile:
Is this true? Will they really open at end of March? 1000035070.jpg
That's what SFE are saying at the moment :dontknow:
Reply 10
i rang student loan today and they said 11th march. hope this helps.
Hi guys just had a question, when should i apply for student finance i have recieved a conditional offer and hopefully will be starting at the start of september 2024. I just wanted to know when i should apply for studnet finance as i am only intrested in the tuition fee and not the maintainance loan.
Original post by spicyketchup
Hi guys just had a question, when should i apply for student finance i have recieved a conditional offer and hopefully will be starting at the start of september 2024. I just wanted to know when i should apply for studnet finance as i am only intrested in the tuition fee and not the maintainance loan.

You can apply now. Do it as soon as you can so that funding is in place for September.
Original post by normaw
You can apply now. Do it as soon as you can so that funding is in place for September.

but what if i dont get into uni then what happens to that loan?
Original post by spicyketchup
but what if i dont get into uni then what happens to that loan?

You can cancel your application after results day. Also, your loans are only paid once you enrol at uni so if you don't enrol, no payments are made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending