The Student Room Group

AS Geography Unit 2 AQA - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i managed to miss the question about annotating the meander question with an isoline or something! :frown: ohhh man
I found it quite easy, much nicer than Unit 1.
Got 103.01 for the standard deviation along with lots of others so that's promising.
Wasn't sure what an isoline was at first though! I read it and thought what the..? But then soon got the idea.
Hope you all found it OK :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Twigleheight
I found it quite easy, much nicer than Unit 1.
Got 103.01 for the standard deviation along with lots of others so that's promising.
Wasn't sure what an isoline was at first though! I read it and thought what the..? But then soon got the idea.
Hope you all found it OK :smile:

Same :tongue: I just connected the 5's up and drew the line where you'd expect 5 to be (eg. directly in the middle of 7 and 3)
Reply 83
Original post by Deceiver
Same :tongue: I just connected the 5's up and drew the line where you'd expect 5 to be (eg. directly in the middle of 7 and 3)

It's like dot to dot but on crack
Reply 84
Never done standard deviation in my life our teacher said they havnt asked it in 10 years so its not gonna happen BANG there it is. Same as tundra areas said that wasnt gonna come up BANG 15 marker on it :| WFT!

Field work was sexy think i did pretty good on that argh! The days of GCSE Geography are starting to be missed big time!
I stupidly drew the isoline question in pen and realized I got it wrong, I know this is rule number one when drawing diagrams but I didn't think at the time! so i redid in pencil and tried to scribble out the part in pen leaving it looking quite messy, will i still get the marks though if the bit in pencil is correct?
Reply 86
BANG

Predicted everything.
Reply 87
For the standard deviation question, I left one box blank, I thought was weird to add up negative and positive numbers, when adding up the last column gets you the answer? is that right or not? lol x
Reply 88
Original post by alittlehelp
I stupidly drew the isoline question in pen and realized I got it wrong, I know this is rule number one when drawing diagrams but I didn't think at the time! so i redid in pencil and tried to scribble out the part in pen leaving it looking quite messy, will i still get the marks though if the bit in pencil is correct?

probably. :smile:
Reply 89
The deepest part of the river was 0.5m/sec right? Near the "Y"?
Reply 90
Original post by tehforum

wasn't it like 0.45 or something?
Reply 91

I done the part where there was a circle of o.43 and o.40 all close together. It was nearer to X. Don't know if it's right.
Original post by jessicur
probably. :smile:

thanks! :smile:
Reply 93
what were we supposed to do for standard deviation
like each marking point
could someone explain please
Reply 94
For the standard deviation question, I left one box blank, I thought was weird to add up negative and positive numbers, when adding up the last column gets you the answer? is that right or not? lol x

I did exactly the same, I think it should have been left blank yep. I could be wrong though :P
Reply 95
Original post by 1760578
I done the part where there was a circle of o.43 and o.40 all close together. It was nearer to X. Don't know if it's right.

I think I labelled what you did. There was lots of lines close to each other forming a sort of oblong circle.
Reply 96

Original post by Ex-
I did exactly the same, I think it should have been left blank yep. I could be wrong though :P

thanks! well hopefully!! i didn't see the logic in adding it up tbh! lol! i think the other marking point might be for correct decimal placing x
Reply 97
what were we supposed to do for standard deviation
like each marking point
could someone explain please

What do you mean?
==------------------------

Also, I changed my answer from 0.45m/sec in the middle of the pool to the bit near the Y!

Doesn't matter, that's only one mark.

A bit dodgy though.
Sorry if anyone found that hard, but I found that paper so easy! 6 marks for putting some numbers in my calculator, yes please, and 4 marks for plotting some points on a graph and describing where they are, very nice. Bet the grade boundaries will be high though, cause everyone I spoke to found it really easy. :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by lukas1051
Sorry if anyone found that hard, but I found that paper so easy! 6 marks for putting some numbers in my calculator, yes please, and 4 marks for plotting some points on a graph and describing where they are, very nice. Bet the grade boundaries will be high though, cause everyone I spoke to found it really easy. :smile:

Exactly, which I wasn't hoping for.

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending