The Student Room Group

Government and Politics Unit 2 Edexcel - 7th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by student1234567891

Original post by student1234567891
my teacher had drummed presidentialism into us and even though i didn't revise it i knew exactly what to write :/ but i didnt write a conclusion due to time so i could have lost a lot of marks there.. i thought my writing was good but apparently you can lose 8 marks for not finishing even if you wrote well!
i did the judiciary otherwise which was awful, what about you?

Yeah, presidentialism was about the only practise essay I'd properly done. So I was very lucky there.

I did parliament, but that wasn't what I'd call good... (then again no one on this thead seemed to particularly like the data response questions)
Original post by fluteflute
Yeah, presidentialism was about the only practise essay I'd properly done. So I was very lucky there.

I did parliament, but that wasn't what I'd call good... (then again no one on this thead seemed to particularly like the data response questions)

yeah, they were poor this year :/ on the mark scheme for the 40 markers the wording is different for A03 on each 40 marker. pm question wanted a conclusion otherwise apparently a maximum of 2 marks for that AO whereas the sovereignty one didn't, wtf :/
Reply 502
Oh dear. Why so high?! That's seriously worrying.
Definitely got 100 in this somehow! I found it so challenging. Must've been low grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 504
Grade boundaries weren't that low actually. Perhaps they just marked it leniently though because I also got 100 after not thinking it went too well.
It says i got 68 marks in one and 62 marks in the other which are both C grades. Also says 130 underneath.

Just wondering what this like boundary wise, thinking it's a low C?
I got 86 in Unit 1 and 95 in Unit 2 (in January), without caring too much.
For Units 3 and 4, I revised a lot more, did lots of essays, etc. yet managed to get just 70 and 77, when I thought both were over 85.

Conclusion: they mark more leniently in AS than in A2.

Congrats on those results. :biggrin:
i somehow got an A in both papers... hahaah im so happy!
Reply 508
Original post by wythenshawered

Original post by wythenshawered
It says i got 68 marks in one and 62 marks in the other which are both C grades. Also says 130 underneath.

Just wondering what this like boundary wise, thinking it's a low C?

160 = A
140 = B
120 = C

So a mid C
100/100 in Unit 1 92/100 in Unit 2. Surprised, but all good.
Reply 510
LOL Was 100 marks a D? If so I scraped a D hahaha
What is an A overall in Politics? Slightly off topic sorry but, so far I've got 200/200.. so don't know what I need to get an A! I'm guessing 320/400? If so I can get Cs this year?
Original post by fluteflute
160 = A
140 = B
120 = C

So a mid C

cheers pal
Reply 513
Original post by harrisonJT
What is an A overall in Politics? Slightly off topic sorry but, so far I've got 200/200.. so don't know what I need to get an A! I'm guessing 320/400? If so I can get Cs this year?

Yep that's exactly right,

However, if you'd like to get an A*, you need to get 180/200 between the two second year units (as well as getting 320/400)
Reply 514
Does anyone know what the boundaries for 6GP01 and 6GP02 are? They're each out of 100 and I wanna know if it's worth me getting my paper remarked.
Reply 515
Original post by Aepyx

Original post by Aepyx
Does anyone know what the boundaries for 6GP01 and 6GP02 are? They're each out of 100 and I wanna know if it's worth me getting my paper remarked.

80/100 = A
70/100 = B
60/100 = C
etc
Reply 516
Sweet, gonna get them remarked then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending