The Student Room Group

Subliminal 9/11 symbol in GCSE Sociology paper (Illuminati sign/symbols?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by GlibByNature
H_______A
E_______P
L_______P
L_______L
O_______E

What do you see first? HELLO APPLE or HAEPLPLLOE? Ok it's not strictly "standard reading" and I really couldn't care less about this whole idea, but there's no need to be so irritatingly pedantic.

Christ on a bicycle, a real-life idiot. I spelt it out going downwards first and then left-right as well - see the third spelling. It's not irritatingly pedantic when the whole paranoiac conspiracy case rests on the idea that every last detail of the picture, including the literal spelling, has been designed to convey this message.
Reply 81
Original post by derp
Your point may have had some weight had this been a real image/photograph of real kids playing with real blocks. But as the drawing was (presumably) created by another person, it is highly unlikely that it IS a coincidence. Think about great works of art, or literature or music; how often are traceable themes in those just mere coincidences? Human-made drawings by their nature convey the illustrator's intentions and ideas.

An interesting point, though slightly undermined by the fact that this isn't a 'great work of art' - it's a picture done by some third-rate artist working for some children's magazine. To a certain extent, it's possible a pattern's just being picked out here - as another poster pointed out, people are guilty of the texas sharpshooter fallacy (http://www.skepdic.com/texas.html) and, if the towers cd be made to spell 'BUSHCHENEY' or 'APOCALYPSE', people would still be pointing it out. This significantly increases the chance of this being a coincidence. Apart from anything else, was 9/11 the habinger of Armageddon? Well, no, not really.

Still, it is plausible that some artist got bored and decided to insert this in, like the whole Lion King 'sex' dust-cloud fiasco of '94. In any case, to link it to some illuminati conspiracy is, frankly, beyond laughable.
Reply 82
Original post by niall c
An interesting point, though slightly undermined by the fact that this isn't a 'great work of art' - it's a picture done by some third-rate artist working for some children's magazine.

That wasn't really the focus of my point; my point was that any human-made work will by its nature contain human thoughts and ideas - but yes, it could hardly be called a work of art!

niall c
To a certain extent, it's possible a pattern's just being picked out here - as another poster pointed out, people are guilty of the texas sharpshooter fallacy (http://www.skepdic.com/texas.html) and, if the towers cd be made to spell 'BUSHCHENEY' or 'APOCALYPSE', people would still be pointing it out. This significantly increases the chance of this being a coincidence. Apart from anything else, was 9/11 the habinger of Armageddon? Well, no, not really.

Whatever the towers could be made to spell, if it was a word or words related to the 9/11 event, it would seem odd. I think your question is a little pedantic! It was definitely a major upset in the history of the Western world.

niall c
Still, it is plausible that some artist got bored and decided to insert this in, like the whole Lion King 'sex' dust-cloud fiasco of '94. In any case, to link it to some illuminati conspiracy is, frankly, beyond laughable.

Here I agree with you - I think that it IS an image which is supposed to represent 9/11 in some way, but made by a scare artist or someone just having a bit of fun with subliminal suggestion - and that the examination board just happened to use it. That brings the whole thing down to just one coincidence - the fact that this drawing was in a paper marked with numbers which could be made to spell out "911". I think one coincidence can be accepted as coincidence personally :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by neillya1
Ah my bad! Should I make a video of it - everyone will take me seriously then... right? :awesome:

Yeah - that seems to be exactly how it works :smile:

---
BTW any conspiracy theorists stop and wonder why our secretive overlords would be so hell bent on giving the game away by sneaking their thinly concealed symbols into exam papers in the first place?
Reply 84
Original post by derp
That wasn't really the focus of my point; my point was that any human-made work will by its nature contain human thoughts and ideas - but yes, it could hardly be called a work of art!

Exactly. And let's be honest, I know if I were to draw an image with children playing with such blocks, I would definitely put some thought into what they might spell out.
The exam paper's number is perfectly plausible as a coincidence, but I doubt that this 'Armageddon' thing is. I don't think the illuminati draw it and placed it into a WJEC/CBAC exam, but I don't think the intent of the picture is doubtful.
Reply 85
Original post by Joinedup
Yeah - that seems to be exactly how it works :smile:

---
BTW any conspiracy theorists stop and wonder why our secretive overlords would be so hell bent on giving the game away by sneaking their thinly concealed symbols into exam papers in the first place?

In this case, symbols don't show the way, they veil the way.
Reply 86
On a sociology exam? really? :/

Its either a coincidence, a joke or a hoax because why would they bother. A WJEC sociology papaer is harldy the most influential document in the world today now is it?
Reply 87
It's just some artist ****ing with you. I seriously doubt that WJEC/CBAC secretly rule the world, and thinly hint at this within their exam papers. Sure, it's probably intentional, some guy probably thought it was hilarious.
Reply 88
Looks like the illustrator was having a joke. Evidence of an illuminati conspiracy? Er, no.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
ok that's phucking creepy, not going to lie
Reply 90
Original post by J.tytler
On a sociology exam? really? :/

Its either a coincidence, a joke or a hoax because why would they bother. A WJEC sociology papaer is harldy the most influential document in the world today now is it?

they're trying to brain wash the sociology candidates!

the people who sit the sociology exams are more thick, hence they take more information in subliminally, just like the illuminati wanted!
Original post by neillya1

Oh wait, it has nothing to do with 9/11 or illuminati at all.

Anyone can add and subtract numbers to try and make them look significant.

Normal paper number is 217? Did you know 2+7=9, then that 1 obviously represents the 2001, and as the 1 is already there we can assume it also stands for 11 hence 9/11/01.

Yeah, I just made up some bull**** too.

Edit: Roll on the negs - there are obviously a lot of gullible people on TSR that can't accept the truth for what it is and always try to "Fight the powah!"

Never thought I'd see this post. Thank you for reminding me that there are some sane people here.
Reply 92
Interesting video
Looks like the illustrator was trolling, but the only thing I don't think was entirely coincidental/subconcious was the armaggedon thing.
I know this is a bit deep (I'm not going to go into detail about what i think really happened on 9/11) but maybe it's the governments way of pushing thoughts an ideas into peoples heads? Maybe, they do this with everything we see and hear. Manipulating us without even knowing it... I can definately see that.

I think it's open for interpretation really! Is it coincidence, or was it purposely done?:confused:

Edit: Or, like mentioned before, it's all just conspiracy :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not usually one to believe this stuff, but I'm pretty freaked out right now. :eek4: Has someone asked the exam board about this?
Wow, WJEC are the Illuminati :awesome: I wish I'd realized before, I'd have searched my English and Drama AS Level papers last week for hidden clues to Osama Bin Laden's death and the moon landings!
Reply 97
Those blocks spelling the word 'armageddon' did it for me :awesome:
Wasn't 45 the number of one of the planes, or 451?
Sigh............. Conspiracy theorists getting evidence but only evidence to back up their point of view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending