The Student Room Group

Domino's is so expensive!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d4nny
Join the CCF and get 50% MILITARY DISCOUNT (though it only counts during training because you have to send an adult from the actual military to get everyone's pizzas)

Original post by TheTallOne
The branches around universities will always have 50% off or BOGOF vouchers posted at the start of the year, and all you need to do is say the deal (not even require the voucher) to get the pizza. So when you get a large pizza for £5 delivered it really is a great deal. Anyone who buys full price should put in that small amount of effort more to try and save loads of cash :h:

Original post by L i b
Bloody mineral water is more expensive per litre! Barely taxed, can't-set-on-fire, domestically produced bloody water.

Original post by beeninetytwo
I only ever eat Domino's pizza when there is an offer on :ninja: The Asda pizzas where you can add the toppings yourself are sooo delicious and much cheaper :colone:

Original post by an_end_has_a_start
for what it is, yes its expensive, I never use the large chains if i want a pizza i use local places

Original post by Maccees
"NUSEXTRA" is a code I always use if there are no deals, its either 10% or 20% off, I can't remember haha.

Original post by lukejoshjedi
There as in at Dominoes sit down restaurants :tongue: it's frustrating, Dominoes could be a bit cheaper to be fair

Original post by TheSownRose
I like the £4.99 lunchtime special - large pizza with a topping. I don't really like toppings, so works out nicely for me. :biggrin:

Original post by tsr-member
Domino's is quite pricey but it tastes so good and it's perfect for a Tuesday night in.
BUT my local takeaway offers any 11" pizza with any toppings for £2.50. Most beautiful thing in the world when you're drunk!

(..and then you wake up, look at the remainder of it, and think "****, did I throw that up?!&quot:wink:

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
its ridiculously expensive for what it is, bread, tomato sauce, pretty rubbish cheese and little amounts of veggies and meats.

Original post by Sizzzla112
Snappy Pizza FTW :biggrin: buy one get one free on collection!

Original post by Aj12
I love it but that has gone up a fair bit recently

Original post by U.S Lecce
Boke

Original post by 11Little_star
It is a silly price, but that's the price you pay for delievery though.
Last night i only paid £8.99 for a medium pizza instead of 14.99 because i collected it.
This sounds a bit draft, but you tried shopping around- ordering from smaller pizza companies that aren't so big in the industry, so not pizza hut, dominos or herbies etc..

Original post by Fusion
If you look through local pizza takeaway menu's, for £18 or so you can get 3xsuper size pizzas, or some silly amount like that (questionable quality, tbf)

Altohugh I found an (expired) Domino's voucher for 15 off a 30 menu-price spend - that's very good value.

Locals can also do a better variety of sides - personally I found Tops pizza BBQ chicken wings a lot lot more nicer than pizza hut's.

Original post by MissTee.Jay
If you think you can't eat two, get two anyway then eat it for lunch the next day - two meals in one! And it's a whole new taste sensation after it's been in the fridge overnight =P

Original post by mackemforever
I would put money on there being some small place near you that does good pizzas for a fraction of the price.

Up here in Lancaster it is either Pizettas on campus or Starvin Marvin's in town. 12" in the former is about £9, at the latter a 14" starts from about £7. In my opinion both are as good as dominoes.

Original post by ch0llima
This is why I only ever get Domino's on Tuesday with friends as I really like their food but it's just too expensive.

For the price of one large pizza, I can go to my local Indian takeaway and get two starters, main course, pilau rice, one naan big enough to feed two as well as two poppadums. Add on another main course and rice and you're talking a meal for two costing just over £20 in total and the food is excellent, easily the best Indian takeaway food I've had and I've had loads; portions are huge and it's always immaculately cooked. Similarly, I could go to my local Chinese and get a whole meal for one with prawn crackers for £15. These are both cheaper options and IMO are more satisfying with more eating.

Going back to pizza, I could get a 12" pizza with a wide variety of toppings (they didn't let you choose your own from scratch but the menu was really extensive and had some great combinations) and a side order of chips for £10 from the kebab shop near my old flat in Dundee and it was :sogood:. You could upgrade the pizza to 16" for a flat rate of £4 extra or something like that - still the same price as Domino's but for more food.

Domino's is far too expensive for what it is, definitely, but it is really good and they seem to have started doing Pizza Hut style stuffed crust which they didn't before. Not a huge fan of Pizza Hut given that their pizzas seem thrown together with little care or thought, are plasticky and usually tight on toppings.

I share your grief people and Ive found this 2for1 deal online:

Click on 'Order Now' and choose the 'BOGOF Special' to get your 2for1. The discount'll be automatically applied at checkout.

I found some other good vouchers on
http://www.givemevouchers.co.uk/voucher-code/Dominos-Pizza

Hope it helps!
Reply 41
This is why going to your local takeaway is so much better. I got 14" inch pizza for 8 quid from my local takeaway.
Original post by Awakening

I share your grief people and Ive found this 2for1 deal online:

Click on 'Order Now' and choose the 'BOGOF Special' to get your 2for1. The discount'll be automatically applied at checkout.

I found some other good vouchers on
http://www.givemevouchers.co.uk/voucher-code/Dominos-Pizza

Hope it helps!

lol why...
Btw their lunchtime deals, one is any pizza any size for $11.99 (pound signs aint working) from like 11 - 4 pm so yeah, getting that deal on a Tuesday is a genius idea
Reply 44
It takes the same time to make -from scratch - an amazing, tastier pizza as it does to wait for Dominos to deliver a pizza.

Flour, water, and optionally, oil and yeast... tomatoes, cheese, whatever's in the cupboard, BAM. Done and dusted. It always shocks me how the absolute rock-bottom cheapest food and drink products have become the most expensive of convenience options. Pizza's one of them; it's even cheaper to survive off home-made pizzas than it is to survive off home-made SANDWICHES, for god's sake. Another case in point? Bottled water! Some brands don't even disguise that their water source is the same as your very own council juice (tap water), but market it in a way that deceives the consumer into thinking it's worth paying a quid twenty for it.

What's next, paying £3 for a cup of tea or coffee?! Hahahaha..ho... oh, wait.
The markup was actually in 2015 found to be 900%, which is ridiculous no matter how you look at it. They justify it by saying rent, petrol, VAT, all cost more, and most people use the deals which means they dont pay full price anyway.
i know, no idea why its not like they are fantastic pizzas or anything. a bit too overpriced for me, i'd rather go to pizza express

and pizza hut is just as expensive tbh

Quick Reply

Latest