The Student Room Group

Tips for AQA GCSE Geography Unit 1 Foundation June 2011 Exam

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips of what should be really revised for AQA GCSE Geography Unit 1, Foundation?

Thanks,
R
I am doing the same exam as you today. So good luck. There are different things you need to know. As your school, may have chosen something different to study-to mine.
But the first exam today is Unit 1-Physical Geography. This exam is 90mins long.
What we learnt at school, is:-
Restless Earth~Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Supervolcanoes, Plate margins/Boundaries. Tectonic Plates.Constructive,Destructive,Conservative Plate Margins. Long term and Short term effects of natural disasters.
Water on the land~Rivers, Meanders, Ox-bow lakes. (Also, how they are formed), waterfalls, gorge.
Erosion~Different types of erosion in a river. Hydrualic Action, Saltation, Suspension, Solution, Traction. Attrition.
Coastal Zone~Headland, Stumps, Stacks, Arches. Beaches. How spits are formed. Different types of Hard Engineering & Soft Engineering. Erosion on beaches. Longshore Drift (LSD). What can be done to stop this occcuring.
You may also want to learn, how to draw good diagrams. Like for the formation, of a meander~to an ox-bow lake. Or a volcanoe, and plate margins. And how spits are formed. Along with Headland diagrams. To show Stumps, Stacks and Arches.

Good luck today mate.
Im doing same as do.
x
Im doing the same exam, but higher. Remember... CASE STUDIES! Plus everything the person above me has said.

Hope your exam goes well! Alex :smile:
Reply 3
BigChefCheltenham, thanks for your reply, was really useful! How did you find it? I actually found it easier than previous practice papers!

Thanks Bud,
R
*BestChefCheltenham
I found that exam is rather easy. I did Foundation, and did the correct questions. Everything I revised, came up. Which was good.
Rather funny. As I turned round, to look at the clock. And I saw my mate, doing the wrong question. He was doing glaciers and stuff. And my other mate, did the whole of section A!!!

Glad, I helped mate :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending