The Student Room Group

OCR Human Biology f225 -13 june

Anyone else just done this exam?

How did you find it ?

Scroll to see replies

omg! i HATED that exam! It was the worst paper i have ever seen =( I made so many stupid mistakes, gonna fail it...
what was the substance that was labled as X? and what was the non nitrogenous substance from the lungs?
Reply 3
Original post by MysteryAlwayz
what was the substance that was labled as X? and what was the non nitrogenous substance from the lungs?

I put CO2 from the lungs

an i put amino acids for x but thats probly wrong that was a biatch
Reply 4
pretty stupid paper again though, no questions on most of the main topics like the brain, the eye, the kidneys, genetic engineering etc the list goes on...... lol
Reply 5
i though the paper was ok, some really awful questions, some good ones. i put the substance as co2, and apparantly according to my teacher substance x was urea
yes thats right it was urea, i am soo stupid i wrote plasma dont know what i was thinking:angry: 5 marks lost cuz the next question was to why you thought it was that answer. what else were the horrible questions that came in the exam?:frown:
do you guys think they will lower mark band?
Reply 8

I bloody hope they do!! It was a shocker...such a difficult exam! None of the nice, interesting stuff came up!
Reply 9

it was only low 60's for an A last year anyway so it should be pretty similar [hopefully]
Original post by htaylor01
i though the paper was ok, some really awful questions, some good ones. i put the substance as co2, and apparantly according to my teacher substance x was urea

Oh, ****ing hell, I wrote urea, then crossed it out and put amino acids :angry: As if!!
But I liked some of it, other bits I hated. I was gutted Alzheimer's, Ultrafiltration and HLA antigens didn't come up because I revised those to death, because my teacher thought they'd be definites.

I loved the question on the nervous system, the fill in the blank one? That's like, my favourite exam question ever. In fact no, tell a lie. GCSE Astronomy "Which is bigger?

A) The Earth
B) The Moon
C) The Sun
D) Jupiter (or some other smaller astronomical object)"

Gotta love Edexcel's multiple choice xD
i have a killer headache as soon as they took the paper away from me...looking forward to the next one psychology on Friday.. then i will sing friday, friday....jokes
Reply 12
Original post by Jake200493
Oh, ****ing hell, I wrote urea, then crossed it out and put amino acids :angry: As if!!
But I liked some of it, other bits I hated. I was gutted Alzheimer's, Ultrafiltration and HLA antigens didn't come up because I revised those to death, because my teacher thought they'd be definites.

I loved the question on the nervous system, the fill in the blank one? That's like, my favourite exam question ever. In fact no, tell a lie. GCSE Astronomy "Which is bigger?

A) The Earth
B) The Moon
C) The Sun
D) Jupiter (or some other smaller astronomical object)"

Gotta love Edexcel's multiple choice xD

Out of interest what were the last two answers on the nervous system one? Couldn't for the life of me remember what they were!

I got the urea one right though, and the CO2/lungs question. Though that's only 3 marks! I could still fail epically!

What did everyone put for the percentage difference one?
Reply 13
Original post by HGMedic
Out of interest what were the last two answers on the nervous system one? Couldn't for the life of me remember what they were!

I got the urea one right though, and the CO2/lungs question. Though that's only 3 marks! I could still fail epically!

was it 480 or something like that
Original post by xI_NICHO_Ix
was it 480 or something like that

but it asks for percentage, i got 80 something :s-smilie:
Reply 15
but it asks for percentage, i got 80 something :s-smilie:

Yeah I think I got around 80 too! I'm glad someone else put that, I thought I'd got it way off!
Reply 16
i got 20 something for the percentages but most other people got like 80%...my teacher told me the correct answer was 20 something so yeah...i think you work out the individual percentages from the two different people and then find the difference then, that paper was so annoying...just fully of diabetes stuff, didn't even cover half of the syllabus...just hope i did enough!
Original post by HGMedic

The one that stimulates the body was sympathetic and the one that relaxes it was parasympathetic. And I got 83% xD
Original post by kaur93x
i got 20 something for the percentages but most other people got like 80%...my teacher told me the correct answer was 20 something so yeah...i think you work out the individual percentages from the two different people and then find the difference then, that paper was so annoying...just fully of diabetes stuff, didn't even cover half of the syllabus...just hope i did enough!

how many marks were for that question??
Reply 19
what did you put for the one about aging on vision and hearing ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending