The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashtoreth
heh! most def, if u end up goin to GCU - do they have spaces in extra or clearing? soz, don't know the system that well. do give em a ring an double check spaces if u haven't already tho, cos when i spoke to em, they said social sciences hasn't made it into extra for the last 2 years, leave alone clearing. appreciate yours isn't social science but am just thinking for your own sake, do confirm with all the places u got shortlisted as having spaces, that they actually do have em!
still, when u said u will go anywhere u weren't kiddin!:biggrin:
it's good tho.

i know u want SLT so i got my fingers crossed. only 2 more days now.

:smile:

They asked me to email me my Access grades and GCSE grades which I have now done, they haven't contacted me any further so I'm assuming it's either a no or they are just waiting for tomorrow (the 16th) oh well whatever will be, will be! I didn't even look at UCAS just saw they did the course and called them up and they said yes they have spaces and someone would contact me...
And yeah.. I will go anywhere! lol Glasgow is a long way from Essex haha!

Good luck to you too! One more day!
Original post by KatsToes
They asked me to email me my Access grades and GCSE grades which I have now done, they haven't contacted me any further so I'm assuming it's either a no or they are just waiting for tomorrow (the 16th) oh well whatever will be, will be! I didn't even look at UCAS just saw they did the course and called them up and they said yes they have spaces and someone would contact me...
And yeah.. I will go anywhere! lol Glasgow is a long way from Essex haha!

Good luck to you too! One more day!

wahay! loool...

fingers crossed that u get what u want but i just wanted to say, i used to live in brentwood essex bout 5 years ago!

whereabouts in essex are ya?
wahay! loool...

fingers crossed that u get what u want but i just wanted to say, i used to live in brentwood essex bout 5 years ago!

whereabouts in essex are ya?

How funny! I live in Chelmsford where are you living now?
How funny! I live in Chelmsford where are you living now?

heh, i know chelmsford a bit tho i LOVED maldon side of essex, waaaay more.

am in the midlands for now. moved back home last june whilst i did the access course.
was living in newcastle tho. am a bit like a gypsy an i've lived all over tbh lol
heh, i know chelmsford a bit tho i LOVED maldon side of essex, waaaay more.

am in the midlands for now. moved back home last june whilst i did the access course.
was living in newcastle tho. am a bit like a gypsy an i've lived all over tbh lol

Ah Maldon is cute, I was at Heybridge basin on fri beautful place!
Wanderlust is good, I've had 2 gap years (Australia and NZ) and now who knows where lol
Ah Maldon is cute, I was at Heybridge basin on fri beautful place!
Wanderlust is good, I've had 2 gap years (Australia and NZ) and now who knows where lol

there's parts of essex that are absolutely beautiful. trying to remember if i've been to heybridge basin but, i dunno that i have.

mebbe glasgow will be next!:tongue: tho i wish u loadsa luck for tomoz and hope u get what u want. i've already had my results and am all confirmed n stuff. so for me, glasgow it is.

if money was no object i'd have opted for the south west tbh - that's always felt like my spiritual home *ahhhhh cornwall!* but, will see once i graduate and where i land a job first.
Reply 1786
Original post by _N_
I scanned my certificate in and emailed them to admissions.

Original post by Soule
Congrats on getting your results. That waiting paid off. Can you scan and email to admissions?

Original post by jami74
Somewhere (it might have been on my Ucas letter, an email from the uni or the uni website) there was a section that lists the qualifications that don't get sent automatically with email and postal addresses. My tutor posted mine to the Admissions team and I emailed them to the Head of School.

scanned, sent, UNCON-****ING-DITIONAL! yeaaaahhh baby!

(in the tune of lets go ****ing mental) I'm going to uni, i'm going to uni, da daa daa da!
Reply 1787
Original post by RinniieX

(in the tune of lets go ****ing mental) I'm going to uni, i'm going to uni, da daa daa da!

That's great!! :biggrin: Hehehe, for some reason it makes me feel so happy seeing other people happy XD
Reply 1788
Original post by _N_
That's great!! :biggrin: Hehehe, for some reason it makes me feel so happy seeing other people happy XD

thank you :biggrin: no one i know knows yet! just me and the good people of TSR! :smile: cant wait to head to uni an love life for another three years 4 weeks and 3 days :smile::smile::smile::smile: bahhhhh so close!

Congrats RinniieX so very pleased for u all your hard work is paying off.All the best to you in your degree ^_^ and i mean that.
Reply 1790
Original post by wizardtop
Congrats RinniieX so very pleased for u all your hard work is paying off.All the best to you in your degree ^_^ and i mean that.

Aww thank you Wizard! :biggrin: im very proud of myself! this is the furthest ive came in my life so far, best thing ive achieved ACTUALLY going to university! :biggrin: il be an old graduate but hell, il be a HAPPY one! :biggrin: how are you ?
yay to everyone that's gone unconditional and yay to everyone else too, in case u felt left out!:tongue:
Reply 1792
yay to everyone that's gone unconditional and yay to everyone else too, in case u felt left out!:tongue:

YAY! uni in 5 an a bit weeks! anyone else RIDICULOUSLY nervous yet excited?

hah! i start the 10th, so what's that, about 4 weeks is it? not looking at calendar atm.

and snap! that's sorta how i'm feeling too loool...mad!

I feel like this. I'm counting down the days. It feels so great to see unconditional think it's starting to sink in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1795
hah! i start the 10th, so what's that, about 4 weeks is it? not looking at calendar atm.

and snap! that's sorta how i'm feeling too loool...mad!

Original post by SmartiePantz
I feel like this. I'm counting down the days. It feels so great to see unconditional think it's starting to sink in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I want my reading list now, and I want to know what to buy for uni! (im not living in halls) just want to know like what books i need, what kind of stationery etc you need for a place like uni! :biggrin: i realy am excited! the unconditional really is like a hard slap in the face of how real its gonna be!
Checked track this morning....UNCONDITIONAL.... this actually put me in a good mood for work knowing that in just over 5 weeks I can work less and enjoy uni life.

I've got a reading list already and my first book came today still have many more to buy though which could prove very expensive. I've been trying to work out what to spend my loan/grant on already :biggrin:
Reply 1797
People from my college who are going to the same uni i am have already recieved their welcome pack but i haven't :frown: i want mine now!
Aww thank you Wizard! :biggrin: im very proud of myself! this is the furthest ive came in my life so far, best thing ive achieved ACTUALLY going to university! :biggrin: il be an old graduate but hell, il be a HAPPY one! :biggrin: how are you ?

I am fine RinniieX thanks for asking.I wish u all the best RinniieX in your degree and career. ^_^
I'm going to Plymouth to study Occupational Therapy! Wooo"
Still haven't had my Access certificate come through yet... been on phone to College and the awarding body like a million times...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending