The Student Room Group

LearnDirect Access to HE - Veterinary Science

I am looking to do an Access to HE course in Veterinary Science, so that I can apply to do a Zoology degree. I have spoken with the university that I would like to apply to and they have suggested doing this via LearnDirect. I have confirmed with LearnDirect that I can acquire the correct amount of credits to apply to the University. But I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with LearnDirect, or this course? As I say, the university suggested it, so they must have had students apply this way, but I have read some pretty negative stuff, and all their positive trust pilot reviews seem to be about the online chat and help to enrol. I have seen nothing about completing courses etc. Any information would be great!
Original post by beki_haslam
I am looking to do an Access to HE course in Veterinary Science, so that I can apply to do a Zoology degree. I have spoken with the university that I would like to apply to and they have suggested doing this via LearnDirect. I have confirmed with LearnDirect that I can acquire the correct amount of credits to apply to the University. But I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with LearnDirect, or this course? As I say, the university suggested it, so they must have had students apply this way, but I have read some pretty negative stuff, and all their positive trust pilot reviews seem to be about the online chat and help to enrol. I have seen nothing about completing courses etc. Any information would be great!

Which specific uni/degree that you want to do? Depending on this, the requirements you need to meet to get onto the degree can vary, including what sort of Access course that you shoudl do.

Learn Direct isn't the only company that offers Access courses. I haven't done any qualifications with them, so I can' offer a personal insight.
Original post by beki_haslam

Hi,

I cant comment on the course as I havent used LearnDirect, but if your not sure about doing that, have you thought of doing a foundation year instead? I did a foundation year at my uni to start my Animal Behaviour and Conservation Science degree and because I did it at my uni, i felt so much more prepared when I went into my first year, as i was already familiar with how the university worked and how they liked us to reference. I would also add that doing a course online is much harder than doing it in person, it takes alot more effort to stay motivated and manage your time well.

I just wanted to give you another option choice, hope this helps.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep
Reply 3
I'm doing access to veterinary science as we speak. Only complaint so far is the time taken to mark submissions, but that's not too long. Taking about 4/5days.

I'm on unit 6 now, happy to help answer any queries if I can 😊
Reply 4
Original post by dorris23
I'm doing access to veterinary science as we speak. Only complaint so far is the time taken to mark submissions, but that's not too long. Taking about 4/5days.

Thanks for your feedback, I actually ended up applying for an online access course in Science, Chemisty & Maths at a local college. Read too many negative comments about learn direct to risk it, but I am pleased you're getting on well with the course. :smile:
Reply 5
There are other vet science online courses - ones that accept the Advanced learner loan which Learndirect seem not to. I've just started one with East Sussex College.
Hi Dorris,
I wonder if you can help me and maybe I can help you?.. I am also on this course, currently on Unit 9: Animal Behaviour and welfare and i'm really struggling with doing the assignment, have you done this unit yet? I have asked my tutor for help but they haven't sent me anything that i don't already know.
Thanks,
Beth :smile:
Are any of you doing or have done Unit 9 of this course at all please? Struggling with this unit :frown:
Reply 8

Hey Dorris

I was wondering if you completed unit 9? I’m really struggling to understand what the requirements of the presentation are tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending