The Student Room Group

The (un)Official Thread for Access to HE 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by KatsToes
I'm going to Plymouth to study Occupational Therapy! Wooo"
Still haven't had my Access certificate come through yet... been on phone to College and the awarding body like a million times...

got your certs yet? i havent even been told when i can get mine! just got a piece of paper with my results on!
Original post by RinniieX
got your certs yet? i havent even been told when i can get mine! just got a piece of paper with my results on!

Yes finally! Thank goodness. They came through last monday, thankfully I didn't need them when I was going through clearing, only a few weeks late...

Oh no! Hope you get yours soon, I still don't know if it was the fault of OCN or the college. From what other people on my course have said the uni's should accept the transcript / college's confirmation you have passed and x y z grades without seeing your certs as long as you can provide the real thing when you enroll, hope you get yours soon!
Reply 1802
Yes finally! Thank goodness. They came through last monday, thankfully I didn't need them when I was going through clearing, only a few weeks late...

Oh no! Hope you get yours soon, I still don't know if it was the fault of OCN or the college. From what other people on my course have said the uni's should accept the transcript / college's confirmation you have passed and x y z grades without seeing your certs as long as you can provide the real thing when you enroll, hope you get yours soon!

My uni doen't want to see the certificates at all

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
Reply 1803

i have to have the actual certificates when i enroll?! DA FUQ?!?! i enrol in less than 3 weeks!
Reply 1804
This time in two weeks, I will have Finnished my Second day of Uni... Thats if they ever send me the enrollment forms.. >.<
Reply 1805
This time in two weeks, I will have Finnished my Second day of Uni... Thats if they ever send me the enrollment forms.. >.<

I have 3 more weeks and a few days. Really dragging, just want to get there now

Reply 1806
Original post by Soule
I have 3 more weeks and a few days. Really dragging, just want to get there now

Same but i'm scared now that its so close, I was like this on the lead up to my exams on access... knowing its still a lil while a way but yet it ran so fast and hit me in the face it barely felt like no time at all!
Reply 1807
August has flown by! I don't start until the 24th of September. I'm half trying to race towards the future as quick as possible and half dragging my heels to drag out the present for as long as possible.
Reply 1808
Original post by jami74
August has flown by! I don't start until the 24th of September. I'm half trying to race towards the future as quick as possible and half dragging my heels to drag out the present for as long as possible.

I know exactly what you mean! Can't wait to start but want to enjoy now for aslong as possible! I just cannot WAIT to get stuck in! have my first real lecture etc! I've made a promise to myself to work as hard as possible from the word GO! no slacking! no half hearted attempts! i will get a 1st! :biggrin:
i have to have the actual certificates when i enroll?! DA FUQ?!?! i enrol in less than 3 weeks!

Have you still not got them? :frown: Mine want me to post them to them but after all the hassle I had getting hold of them in the first place I'm reluctant to send them off again... I'm going to call my uni and ask if I can wait till I go down there to show them, although knowing my luck I'll probs leave them on the train or something...

Have you called your uni to let them know it's taking so long to get your certs?
Reply 1810
Have you still not got them? :frown: Mine want me to post them to them but after all the hassle I had getting hold of them in the first place I'm reluctant to send them off again... I'm going to call my uni and ask if I can wait till I go down there to show them, although knowing my luck I'll probs leave them on the train or something...

Have you called your uni to let them know it's taking so long to get your certs?

Noo not as of yet, think that will be a job to do tomorrow if they havent arrived by then! I hate pestering people about things I feel so cheeky doing it! could you not send off copies of your certificates maybe?

did you get your certs finally RinniieX since u posted this comment about a month ago? and have u also finally started University yet? best of luck with your university studies :biggrin:
Reply 1812
Original post by wizardtop
did you get your certs finally RinniieX since u posted this comment about a month ago? and have u also finally started University yet? best of luck with your university studies :biggrin:

Nope not got them as of yet! good job i haven't needed them for anything isn't it! and yeah i started uni now :biggrin: had induction last week and this week was our first official week and I LOVE IT! its so good!

how are you getting on?

Also how is everybody else finding university life?!
Reply 1813
Nope not got them as of yet! good job i haven't needed them for anything isn't it! and yeah i started uni now :biggrin: had induction last week and this week was our first official week and I LOVE IT! its so good!

how are you getting on?

Glad to hear it is going well, I don't start until next week. I'm not sure that next week will ever come...
Reply 1814
Original post by jami74
Glad to hear it is going well, I don't start until next week. I'm not sure that next week will ever come...

Must be dragging! but dont worry! its only 3 more sleeps untill monday morning! :biggrin: I cant wait i'm settled in a bit now! kinda know where my buildings are, how lectures work, seminars, workshops and tutorials! I just love it! so excited to get stuck in! Already had one assignment! its crazy! Good luck for your first few days! You will have to come back and and let us all know how you find it :smile:

how are you getting on?

You still havnt got the certificates Rinniiex U need to chase that up when you find some time.Glad to hear everything is going great with u at University.
I have a bad case of the flu at the mo worse luck.I dont start College again until Early Next year just for leisure purposes really.
Original post by jami74

It will come jami74 and i am sure u will enjoy ur degree a lot especially because there is a range of stuff to learn about drugs amongst other things:biggrin:
Reply 1817
I have waited so long I have run out of excitement, it is almost an anticlimax but this time tomorrow I will have been to university for the first time.

I have to go in on Monday for a talk and then on Tuesday to enrol, does this mean I won't get a student uni card until Tuesday?
Reply 1818
Original post by jami74
I have waited so long I have run out of excitement, it is almost an anticlimax but this time tomorrow I will have been to university for the first time.

I have to go in on Monday for a talk and then on Tuesday to enrol, does this mean I won't get a student uni card until Tuesday?

yep, you will get your uni ID on the tuesday, I got mine on the second day of the first week aswell!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending