The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JadoreHan
anyone studying La Haine for their expose?
if so, do you have any ideas what sort of theme you might choose to talk about? :smile:

I'm studying La Haine! We had to choose three main themes, I've gone for the cultural divide between the suburbs and the city, racism, and the role of women (or rather, how they are not important in the film).
(edited 12 years ago)
Finally got the questionnaire from UCL
Original post by Lewis :D
Finally got the questionnaire from UCL

Phew, I was getting worried I was the only one.
I was even starting to think it was a hoax.
Aha, UCAS makes me people crazy :biggrin:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Phew, I was getting worried I was the only one.
I was even starting to think it was a hoax.
Aha, UCAS makes me people crazy :biggrin:

The first section of mine will be terrible, the topics we do in school are completely boring and rubbish :lol:
I still haven't had a questionnaire from UCL? But they sent me an email saying they hope to reach a decision on my application within 4 weeks, and that was over a week ago now. Strange. :|
Reply 1905
Got an interview from Cambridge for MML today :biggrin:

So excited!
Congratulations -raisa!!!
Original post by ambontoast
I'm studying La Haine! We had to choose three main themes, I've gone for the cultural divide between the suburbs and the city, racism, and the role of women (or rather, how they are not important in the film).

i was thinking of doing the divide between the suburbs and the city too, but someone in my class is already doing that one so i cant do it :/ i may choose a character, maybe Vinz or Hubert :smile:
I finally got the questionnaire from UCL today. Now I just have to think of something intelligent to write.
Reply 1909
Original post by ambontoast
Congratulations -raisa!!!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Natali
Got an offer yesterday to do French and German at Exeter :biggrin: As long as I get AAB :\

well done! same here :smile: have you had any other offers?
Original post by SimplyComplex
We're doing La Haine for the written exam and have been studying it in class for the past several weeks. I'm studying the film as well in my Film class for my exam and I've found the themes of exclusion and confinement the most interesting. For the French oral, I'm talking about Amelie. :smile:

ah okay :smile: im doing it the other way round, studying amelie for the written, love that film! :smile:
I'm doing Hors de Prix for mine, sorry!

no worries :smile:
The first section of mine will be terrible, the topics we do in school are completely boring and rubbish :lol:

I think most exam board topics are :rolleyes:
Ah well, gotta love renewable energy... :colonhash:
Original post by emilystorey
Germanist here! Not gonna let that number die out mate. Also taken spanish as well, you could always try and pick it up when you get to uni? Are you just applying for straight german or something else as well?

hooray, another germanist! lol
umm... well, i figured id try and pick up a non-european language, 'cos it would be more useful i think... so ive applied for german, french and chinese at b'ham, same at n'castle, french and chinese at sheff, and french and arabic at UCL (they don't offer german with arabic :frown:)
where else have you applied? :smile:
Anyone here read any Molière plays that they could recommend me?
Original post by Deceiver
Anyone here read any Molière plays that they could recommend me?

Le Malade Imaginaire! :smile:
It's a really funny play.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Reply 1918

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Also Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme! You wouldn't think that a guy from a couple of hundred years ago could still be funny... but he is! :biggrin:
Original post by lk2011
Also Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme! You wouldn't think that a guy from a couple of hundred years ago could still be funny... but he is! :biggrin:

Went for Le médecin malgré lui in the end as I think it appeals to me a bit more than the others.

Half way through already and it's brilliant :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending