The Student Room Group

GCSE and university applications

I am going to be in year 13 and have A*A*A*A* predicted for my A levels (bio, chem, phys and maths), but my GCSE are less consistent, I have a 7 in maths, 8 in sciences and a 5 in english language. Most medical schools have a minimum requirement of 6 in englihs language, is this requirement overshadowed by current performance or will it still be significant in my application.

Will I be able to apply to medical universities even with a 5 in english language.

(This is because for some reason i cannot resit english language as no school near me offers it)
If you dont meet a GCSE subject requirement it is normally an automatic rejection irrespective of you Resit it or apply to universities who dont have this requirement.
Reply 2
Original post by Bbbbbbhhhh
I am going to be in year 13 and have A*A*A*A* predicted for my A levels (bio, chem, phys and maths), but my GCSE are less consistent, I have a 7 in maths, 8 in sciences and a 5 in english language. Most medical schools have a minimum requirement of 6 in englihs language, is this requirement overshadowed by current performance or will it still be significant in my application.

Will I be able to apply to medical universities even with a 5 in english language.

(This is because for some reason i cannot resit english language as no school near me offers it)

You can ask to pay for an entry to the November exams - it should not be an issue. GCSE grade requirements are there for a reason and not meeting them will be a rejection.
Reply 3
List of 2023 entry requirements for each UK Med School - includes GCSEs - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2951/entry-requirements-document-2023-entry.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending