The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Applying to computer science and artificial intelligence

best of luck everyone

went to the open day and loved the department, sound of course and general university feel. accommodation = the pants though...
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 41
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It's commonly thought that people shouldn't legally be allowed to live in East Slope. Some people love it. A girl in my flat moved from East Slope because she couldn't handle that it was never clean.

Went to Open Day. Saw East Slope. Went home. Scrubbed Sussex from my shortlist. Just cant risk being put in that place.
Original post by mikeyb1604
Went to Open Day. Saw East Slope. Went home. Scrubbed Sussex from my shortlist. Just cant risk being put in that place.

Don't just not apply to a uni because one accommodation is ****. There's 10 places and you have to order them all. Just put East Slope 10th. It's way oversubscribed every year. Presumably because students prefer beer to accommodation. I have a flatmate who swapped from East Slope in Freshers week. She had mushrooms in her shower...
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Don't just not apply to a uni because one accommodation is ****. There's 10 places and you have to order them all. Just put East Slope 10th. It's way oversubscribed every year. Presumably because students prefer beer to accommodation. I have a flatmate who swapped from East Slope in Freshers week. She had mushrooms in her shower...

:eek::laugh:
Applied to sussex for History and politics :h: Got the acknowledgement and now just waiting on news either way :afraid:
Reply 45
I've applied for Marketing & Management!
I've applied for Law! The entry requirements are AAA/AAB, and my predicted grades are AAB so I wonder what offer they would give me, if they were to give me an offer.
Reply 47
I'm applying for English Language which has an AAB requirement. I'm predicted A*AAAB and my AS Level results were AAABC.

Sussex probably won't be my firm but I've chosen it as one of my five! :smile:
Original post by krussel
I've applied for Law! The entry requirements are AAA/AAB, and my predicted grades are AAB so I wonder what offer they would give me, if they were to give me an offer.

Finally got my application in as well!
has anyone not got their conformation email despite having sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 11th and all my unis, except Sussex, have emailed me! So I'm a bit worried heh.
I'm applying for Sussex, sending off my application on friday.
I'm applying for MPhys Physics, need to get AAB and that's what I've been predicted. :smile:
I don't have to worry about accommodation as I've already found somewhere to live, my cousin's place who leaves about 15 minutes away or so. I'd rather not fork out all those money for accommodation if I don't have to. :smile:
Original post by daniiibrains

Original post by daniiibrains
has anyone not got their conformation email despite having sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 11th and all my unis, except Sussex, have emailed me! So I'm a bit worried heh.

I don't think all the unis have to email you, I only have emails from 2
Original post by Phuck
I'm applying for Sussex, sending off my application on friday.
I'm applying for MPhys Physics, need to get AAB and that's what I've been predicted. :smile:
I don't have to worry about accommodation as I've already found somewhere to live, my cousin's place who leaves about 15 minutes away or so. I'd rather not fork out all those money for accommodation if I don't have to. :smile:

Might be a good idea in 2nd and 3rd year. But perhaps you should think about living in halls for the first year. It's a really good time to make a lot of friends, and far easier too.

I really do hope I get an offer! Sussex is one of my faves.
Original post by admbeatmaker
Might be a good idea in 2nd and 3rd year. But perhaps you should think about living in halls for the first year. It's a really good time to make a lot of friends, and far easier too.

I really do hope I get an offer! Sussex is one of my faves.

I was actually considering first year only for that reason. :smile: I'm assuming if I put down on my UCAS form that I'm planning to take up student accommodation, I could always ring them and change the arrangements? I need to apply but the end of this week and I doubt that's enough time to set everything in stone by then. :smile:

Good luck, same with me. :smile: I hope I get an offer too, Sussex is my first choice.
I'm applying for Film P300 AAB-ABB :s-smilie: fingers crossed

I haven't been on an open day because it is just so far away but I have been through the whole website several times and I love it :P

I'll be staying well clear of East Slopes though...
(edited 12 years ago)
applying for biosciences with a foundation year ( i think the entry requiremnts vary but i'm predicted BCC). bit apprehensive about it really since year 0 isnt at the uni, its taught in chichester college which i know nothing about/havent seen
Original post by Tabitha.Green
I'm applying for Film P300 AAB-ABB :s-smilie: fingers crossed

I haven't been on an open day because it is just so far away but I have been through the whole website several times and I love it :P

I'll be staying well clear of East Slopes though...

Are East Slopes that bad?
I've heard they weren't great but I didn't think they'd be TOO bad. :P
Reply 57
I'm applying for Mathematics (MMath), typical offer is AAA, I have an A* in Maths at A2 and BBC in French, Further Maths and Physics at AS. I'm retaking some further maths modules to hopefull boost my AS further maths grade to an A.
Reply 58
I haven't got an acknowledgement e-mail from Sussex yet, despite sending it a week ago...is this normal? Also, has anyone got offers from Sussex yet? I'm applying for ELT and Spanish and have predicted grades of AAA :smile:
Original post by Taurus05
I haven't got an acknowledgement e-mail from Sussex yet, despite sending it a week ago...is this normal? Also, has anyone got offers from Sussex yet? I'm applying for ELT and Spanish and have predicted grades of AAA :smile:

Not all universities send acknowledgement, don't worry! I haven't applied yet, but I am within the next few days. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending