The Student Room Group

Megathread of EastEnders MKII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone else notice the dodgy storyline plotting by EE? Seeing Tanya's cancer angle has reminded me with the baby swap angle. Let me break it down:

EE writers want to publicise a problem in society: In Ronnie's case, it was cot death. In Tanya's, it's cervical cancer.

Rather than let the emotion of those two subjects pour out and make for good viewing, the EE writers decide something else has to be going which pretty much overshadows the first angle.

In Ronnie's case, it was the disastrous baby swap which overshadowed the cot death storyline and the latter should have been the focal point.

In Tanya's case, it's her affair with Max that takes the main focal point rather than it being that Tanya has cancer. Wouldn't it have been more sincere had the affair not happened, Tanya found out and with the support of her family overcame it rather than her pushing everyone away (Max, her kids) which sort of became a little too predictable?

I like the use of the subjects but they are being done a bad disservice because of other angles overshadowing them.

Decent episode today though. No one ever heard of Tanya's dad before, recent episodes show that he was ill, then that he had cancer and low and behold so does his daughter Tanya who looked after her dad in his last days. Not working for me atm.

Loving Vanessa though when she turned on Tanya - hope there is more to come!

Greg is gone - thank God! One of the dullest characters I've seen in recent times.
Reply 41
Original post by brushless-man

Why didn't the kids kick tanya out? why is she so innocent?

Agreed. It takes two to tango!

I wanted more fireworks from Greg, but he's wetter than a fish's wet bits
Original post by F Ellen
Agreed. It takes two to tango!

I wanted more fireworks from Greg, but he's wetter than a fish's wet bits

Well this is embarrassing, i don't know what that means.
Reply 43
vanessa kicked ass yo

greg..no
Reply 44
Original post by brushless-man
Well this is embarrassing, i don't know what that means.

Quote borrowed from blackadder :wink:

If someone's "wet" they're emotionally transparent, boring, naive, a bit of a drip!
Reply 45
Vanessa has crazy crazy eyes.
Reply 46
Is that the last we've seen of Max then?
Vanessa was pretty epic when she transformed into a manic monster within minutes of finding out.
Glad she slapped Tanya - someone needed to.

Oh and has anyone seen:

Spoiler

Original post by F Ellen
Quote borrowed from blackadder :wink:

If someone's "wet" they're emotionally transparent, boring, naive, a bit of a drip!

Oh ok
Reply 49
Original post by hidden_desire
Vanessa was pretty epic when she transformed into a manic monster within minutes of finding out.

Totally agree! She went nuts, was great to watch :biggrin: Hope to see more of the same from her!
Reply 50

Oh and has anyone seen:

Spoiler

Who is that woman in your signature pic?
Reply 51
Original post by morris743

Looks like Mila Kunis.
Reply 52

Mila Kunis?

Oh and has anyone seen:

Spoiler

Yeah I read that (well, the Digital Spy article). Another poorly designed storyline pulled out of thin air to suit the producers. They're really not thinking this through.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

^

Yeah it's Mila Kunis.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56

Spoiler

Original post by tillytots
I'm surprised darren is getting such a weak exit! He's been there years.

I wish he'd take Jodie and poppy with him!
:eek: please don't post spoilers. I never knew this was happening...
Original post by Reformed2010
:eek: please don't post spoilers. I never knew this was happening...

eeek sorry didn't know how to post them, think I've managed to spoiler box it now though..?
Reply 59

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest