The Student Room Group

Do people still watch soaps?

Honestly do people around my age 20-30 still watch them? I just can't imagine anyone my age having to catch whats happening on Eastenders or Coronation Street everyday. It just seems like soaps will die with the baby boomer generation. I currently live with my mum so its annoying when there has to be a 2 hour silence every time the soaps are on. I just don't get what people my age are doing watching soaps. Game of Thrones and things like that i understand though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ages and ages ago I used to watch Eastenders every day but then it never ended and it became more of a chore/habit watching it rather than actually interested in it, so I stopped and haven't watched it in donkey's years. 'Bout the last time I heard anything about it was when Tanya had that thing about who's Adam? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by datpiff
Honestly do people around my age 20-30 still watch them? I just can't imagine anyone my age having to catch whats happening on Eastenders or Coronation Street everyday. It just seems like soaps will die with the baby boomer generation. I currently live with my mum so its annoying when there has to be a 2 hour silence every time the soaps are on. I just don't get what people my age are doing watching soaps. Game of Thrones and things like that i understand though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am 21 and I watch Coronation Street.
I still watch them.

My life is literally a cesspit of shame.
Reply 4
holby city is lyf
They've really gone downhill now. The television equivalent of a tacky tabloid imo.
Reply 6
I've been watching eastenders since I was 7 (18 years)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really, really, REALLY hate soaps! I call them brainrot
Reply 8
Original post by aaronlowe
I really, really, REALLY hate soaps! I call them brainrot

Well you are a hipster so no surprise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
Well you are a hipster so no surprise.

I'll take that as a compliment if it means I don't need to watch soaps :biggrin:
Reply 10
I'll take that as a compliment if it means I don't need to watch soaps :biggrin:

Take it how you like you're a well known bringerdowner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
Take it how you like you're a well known bringerdowner.

Wow, thanks for bringing me down :frown:
Reply 12
Nah I watch hand wash
Reply 13
Not really, although I used to watch Hollyoaks and Neighbours when I was in my teens and early 20s. My mum and older sister watch Eastenders, Emmerdale and Coronation Street so if I go to their places I'll watch them as they'll usually have them on but I don't really pay much attention.
Original post by Guls
Nah I watch hand wash

Careful, you might be labelled a bringerdowner lol
Reply 15
Careful, you might be labelled a bringerdowner lol

You seem proud of the name I have given you...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
You seem proud of the name I have given you...?

I am just in too good a mood to care one way or the other :biggrin:
Reply 17
I am just in too good a mood to care one way or the other :biggrin:

Good mood from bringing people down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to watch them all, now just Corrie and EastEnders– although I find you can easily miss a weeks of episodes and still know what’sgoing on!
I watch Hollyoaks every day before c4 news, the two progs I watch consistently. I used to watch Brookside too. Shamefully I did watch Eastenders quite a bit, Phil and Grant and up to the Slaters. Hate it now.

Quick Reply

Latest