The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I just brought Resonate 5 mixed my Alphazone, class album as it says on the cover 'The Brutal Sound of Hard Trance', anyone who loves hard trance buy this its awesome although not quite as good as Resonate 4 imo.
Fabric Live 25

Great live mix from Fabric by High Contrast... very nice eclectic DnB set!
Reply 182
Higgy
I just brought Resonate 5 mixed my Alphazone, class album as it says on the cover 'The Brutal Sound of Hard Trance', anyone who loves hard trance buy this its awesome although not quite as good as Resonate 4 imo.

Yeah, the Resonate series is the best set of CD compliations around and the new one doesn't disappoint... well, sort of ... i don't like the fact they're got rid of the cardboard sleeves and, from a technical point of view, the mixing isn't great. Reso 4 is still the best imho (the fact that the cover is my avatar on this site is probably evidence of that), followed by 1, then 5, then 2, then 3. The tracklist for the new one is quite special tho - especially on CD 1.
I've created this in the societies bit so you need to join there if you like even if you have already joined...then you get the logo thing too...
i wanna join :biggrin:
Go to the socs bit and join there!! :biggrin:
Reply 186
beach_surf_babe
Go to the socs bit and join there!! :biggrin:

Where is this mysterious societies topic? ...

And please don't tell me you are using the Ministry of Sound's logo as the societies' logo.:eek: That would be a controversial to say the least.
Phil_D
And please don't tell me you are using the Ministry of Sound's logo as the societies' logo.:eek: That would be a controversial to say the least.

i'm inclined to agree with that...given that a)MoS isn't generic to all forms of dance music, and b)it's already been displayed throughout this thread that even though we all like dance music, there are several varieties and we each have our own preferences

but...what would make a good logo for the society that would represent dance music as a whole? it's hardly an easy choice to make. :dontknow:
Reply 188
qwerty_st/n
i'm inclined to agree with that...given that a)MoS isn't generic to all forms of dance music, and b)it's already been displayed throughout this thread that even though we all like dance music, there are several varieties and we each have our own preferences

I've never been a big fan of Minitry of Sound. The only good thing i think they've contributed to the industry is the Data Record branch of their label. Overall, their complications are drivel and they have strong connections with Judge Jules and some other rather elitist, snobby DJs. They are certainly not representive of dance music and it often annoys me that they (being only 1 dance label out of thousands across Europe) have come to be seen as this microcosm of dance music as a whole.... which is in reality, absolute b*llocks.

qwerty_st/n

but...what would make a good logo for the society that would represent dance music as a whole? it's hardly an easy choice to make. :dontknow:

I agree - it's not easy. My choice would be a set of decks or just a turntable. Not a perfect resprentation of the industry, i know but infinitely better than the MoS logo.
Reply 189
Ah, just found the "joining up to socs" bit. Requested to join.
Phil_D
The only good thing i think you've contributed to the industry is the Data Record branch of their label.

:confused:
yeah...that was my finest hour...glad you agree :wink: :p:
Reply 191
qwerty_st/n
:confused:
yeah...that was my finest hour...glad you agree :wink: :p:

You must have replied to that seconds before i corrected myself. :redface: Woops!:biggrin:
^^ lol :p:

Phil_D
My choice would be a set of decks or just a turntable.

something like this perhaps?

(bit too big though methinks!)
Reply 193
www.di.fm is all I need to write an essay...=D

equally, http://www.di.fm/edmguide/ for all this discussion on 'dance' music (only in IE, not FF)
Reply 194
qwerty_st/n

Something of that ilk would do nicely, i reckon.
Reply 195
Or what about a picture of the Northern lights: aurora, to put across the mood of the genre?
Reply 196
kornkamper
i wanna join :biggrin:

I've added you to the list on this thread. If you want to join officially you'll have to do what beach_surf_babe said because I'm not repeating it.:smile:
Reply 197
qwerty_st/n

oooh thats pretty good.
better than the MoS logo anyways
Anyone listen to dance anthems yesterday? Any particular new tunes to pick out? I think The Teachers - Wanna B is a great track
Reply 199
i only listened to it until about 8.40 so didnt hear the rest of daves mix. In all fairness dance anthems is crap untill about 8 when the more trancey, less commercial stuff comes on. Up until then its just boring old skool tracks and chart dance

Quick Reply

Latest