The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

miki_da_magpie
Good innit? Takes me to a special place :smile:

yeah its great, especially jaytech - essence on the first CD :smile:
Lots of htings went wrong during the PvD set... it sucked. When they were taken down the crowd tore into them, quite funny. Was an awesome night. I wish I could go this year :frown: I'll be in SE Asia unfortunately. PvD did do two major sets last year, and he's been touring his new album in the UK as well, so I think he's had enough of the rain for a while :p:
Reply 1982
miki_da_magpie
Good innit? Takes me to a special place :smile:

Yeah defo.

And if anyone is interested in a big trance/electro/bassline mashup then be sure to check out Laidback Lukes Essential Mix from Radio 1. Available online. :smile:
Reply 1983
miki_da_magpie
I'll be in SE Asia unfortunately.

lol "unfortunately"!!!

I feel so sorry that you're going to be stuck in SE Asia! :p: :rolleyes: haha
Reply 1984
So who are everyone's favourite DJs? i.e track selection and performance-wise, not their actual productions...

Mine are:-

Plump DJs
Eddie Halliwell
Hybrid
Tech Itch
Alex Calver
Far Too Loud
Evil Nine

Also Lab 4, but they aren't performing together anymore :frown:
Reply 1985
Eddie Halliwell is near the top for me, as is Ilogik

Above and Beyond have a good knack of taking you to that other place as does the highly underated Matt Hardwick

Hardcore DJ Dougal has been pretty good too when i've seen him
Reply 1986
Higgy

Above and Beyond have a good knack of taking you to that other place as does the highly underated Matt Hardwick

This is so very very true!! The first time I heard him was in 2004, I think in March, and he blew me away. Ever since he has not failed to deliver an immense set, one of the best nights of my life was his five hour set at a night called Promise in Newcastle - ahhh the good old days, Promise doesn't exist anymore :frown:

Though at another night after his set he was wandering around the club looking a little worse for wear and I went up and said Hi and told him he'd done a good set and he didn't have a clue what was going on lol :rolleyes:
Reply 1987
dobbs
This is so very very true!! The first time I heard him was in 2004, I think in March, and he blew me away. Ever since he has not failed to deliver an immense set, one of the best nights of my life was his five hour set at a night called Promise in Newcastle - ahhh the good old days, Promise doesn't exist anymore :frown:

Though at another night after his set he was wandering around the club looking a little worse for wear and I went up and said Hi and told him he'd done a good set and he didn't have a clue what was going on lol :rolleyes:

Haha I like that in a DJ though, when they'll happily get battered or pissed and enjoy themselves instead of just standing there looking cool like some of the big names do :smile:
Milk
Hmmm festivals...Glade looks amazing, as ever. But, surprisingly, so does Gatecrasher! What a line up! :-o

Yeah I think I'll be going to glade this year :biggrin: though volunteering at the bars cos I dont want to fork out £130 for a ticket (blimmin outrage its well expensive!!!!) But it should be fun anyway. I like all this magical wonderland business.

Will hopefully be headed to Ozora in Hungary as well which is meant to be amazing. Woopie I cant wait :biggrin: oooh and also offworld which is a teeny tiny psytrance one that should be wickedooooo.

Milk if you're still up north over summer you should look up shamania its meant to also be really really good. Beautiful countryside + phat music + beautiful people + chemicals ftw!
Just found a bunch of classics and now i cant stop listening to them again.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_mBh2deMcKU

Give me releaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is quality aswell - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYnIiyLhLQ
Reply 1990
mangomaz
Will hopefully be headed to Ozora in Hungary as well which is meant to be amazing. Woopie I cant wait :biggrin: oooh and also offworld which is a teeny tiny psytrance one that should be wickedooooo.

Milk if you're still up north over summer you should look up shamania its meant to also be really really good. Beautiful countryside + phat music + beautiful people + chemicals ftw!

I'd love to go to Shamania but I can't afford it :frown: I went last year and it was awesome! Apparently there's a techno and hard dance stage this year too, so I'm well gutted :frown: I love psy trance festivals, the only problem is the heat. I'm a bit of a lightweight in hot climates. I went to boom in 2004 and it completely drained me..Was amazing, though :biggrin:
Reply 1991
I personally think Creamfields looks brilliant this year.. :rolleyes:
d0mz
I personally think Creamfields looks brilliant this year.. :rolleyes:

:ditto: Gutted I cant make it :frown:
Reply 1993
I'm not going to any, I've got work and no one to go with. :frown:
Reply 1994
btw why am I still not being listed as in the Dance and Trance soceity in my society list?
Shambles! :rolleyes:
Reply 1995
Milk
So who are everyone's favourite DJs? i.e track selection and performance-wise, not their actual productions...

Mine are:-

Plump DJs
Eddie Halliwell
Hybrid
Tech Itch
Alex Calver
Far Too Loud
Evil Nine

Also Lab 4, but they aren't performing together anymore :frown:

You might want to check out http://www.brap.fm which is an Internet radio station covering pretty much everything you've listed there.

:cool:
Reply 1996
Moif
You might want to check out http://www.brap.fm which is an Internet radio station covering pretty much everything you've listed there.

:cool:

Oooh thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1997
DJ Cobra tearing it up on di.fm trance right now. :smile:
i listening to pete tong, heard a great remin, of the whos baba o riley, but can't found the song any where
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc6O0i56ukE
Milk
I'd love to go to Shamania but I can't afford it :frown: I went last year and it was awesome! Apparently there's a techno and hard dance stage this year too, so I'm well gutted :frown: I love psy trance festivals, the only problem is the heat. I'm a bit of a lightweight in hot climates. I went to boom in 2004 and it completely drained me..Was amazing, though :biggrin:

Oh poop thats a shame :frown: yeah psytrance festies are wicked it makes me happy just thinking about them!

Yeah I am not even going to attempt boom its wayyyy too hot!!!!! Ah but maybe I should go one day everyone says its absolutely out of this world.

Quick Reply

Latest