The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Higgy
How can people not say Styles & Breeze is not trancecore, as far as i was aware it was just another stem of hardcore a bit like trance is split into hard trance etc?

:confused: i dont quite get the question

anyway, afaik, trancecore is what 'freeform' used to be called thus meaning trancecore and freeform are the same thing....now i'm sure you cant argue that freeform is stuff like sharkey, kevin energy, marc smith etc etc, and not the same style as styles & breeze...that is hardcore or even happycore if you like...

but hey...hardcore is hardcore whats the deal with sub-categorising it even further, it only leads to confusion.
Reply 121
RhysWW
Can DJ nastie tell me what the new Genna G track is called? :confused: They played it loads at the New Years D&B night I went to in Liverpool.

theres a few jenna g tracks out there, know any of the lyrics?
Reply 122
qwerty_st/n
it's better! :p:

clicky

:eek: Have just listened to it! I prefer the Flip and Fill version by far. Imho, I find the Tiny tot version too jerky and old style of this type of music, plus the singing quality isn't good as in any melody or tune unlike in the Flip and Fill song. There's my opinion unbiased as i have listened to both and even though I like other Flip and Fill songs, I don't like every song produced just because they're by artists that I like other songs from. :smile:
Elements
:eek: Have just listened to it! I prefer the Flip and Fill version by far. Imho, I find the Tiny tot version too jerky and old style of this type of music, plus the singing quality isn't good as in any melody or tune unlike in the Flip and Fill song. There's my opinion unbiased as i have listened to both and even though I like other Flip and Fill songs, I don't like every song produced just because they're by artists that I like other songs from. :smile:

all right, i'll let you have that one :p: as much as i like the tune it's not the best one out there....just don't ever tell me that flip and fill's version of shooting star is better than the original cos i'll not believe you... :rolleyes:
anybody got any noisia mp3s or mix sessions? I'd be very appreciative, pm me, cheers
Reply 125
qwerty_st/n
all right, i'll let you have that one :p: as much as i like the tune it's not the best one out there....just don't ever tell me that flip and fill's version of shooting star is better than the original cos i'll not believe you... :rolleyes:

Um... I haven't heard the original version of Shooting Star! :redface: Have you got a link for it or something? :p: The Flip and Fill version is good though! :biggrin:
Elements
Um... I haven't heard the original version of Shooting Star! :redface: Have you got a link for it or something? :p: The Flip and Fill version is good though! :biggrin:

Force & Styles remix

Ham Remix

possibly preferring the F&S remix, although my fave is prob Brisk's unreleased Remix and i can't for love or money find Dougal's remix :s:

Its about time trance made a bit of a revival really... Its edging that way.

my musical tastes are totally ecletic and like all sorts of random crap, but i've always been partial to some trance.

My all time fav has to be Delirium - silence
El Scotto

Its about time trance made a bit of a revival really... Its edging that way.

my musical tastes are totally ecletic and like all sorts of random crap, but i've always been partial to some trance.

My all time fav has to be Delirium - silence

good tune :top: :biggrin:
Reply 129
My fave trance tunes are Darude-Sandstorm, Rank 1-Airwave (rank1 vs dutch force mix) lony though lol, and System F-Out of the blue
Reply 130
qwerty_st/n
Force & Styles remix

Ham Remix

possibly preferring the F&S remix, although my fave is prob Brisk's unreleased Remix and i can't for love or money find Dougal's remix :s:

:eek: Aah! No! I really prefer the Flip and Fill version so much more!

--------------

qwerty_st/n
good tune :top: :biggrin:

Ditto. :smile:
Elements
:eek: Aah! No! I really prefer the Flip and Fill version so much more!

--------------

Ditto. :smile:

aw well, each to their own i guess...i'll just be content in the knowledge that one day your gonna look back on your flip and fill days and cringe :p: !!

but hey at least we can agree on one thing! :smile:
Reply 132
Does anyone else think that todays hardcore is soooo much better than it was ten yeasr ago, i have the first Bonkers albums and compared to the the new bonkers albums they arent even in the same league, does anyone else think this?
i concur...the hardcore thats out today is produced to a better quality than it was 10 years ago...take for example either 'Field of Dreams' or 'Pretty Green Eyes' by F&S....original copies of these tracks sound so different to the re-recorded same versions that are on the first HTID album...and this, imo, is because of better production techniques and use of recording studios and obviously advances in the technology used.

i think the older stuff sounds more rustic and in most cases a lot of the vocal stuff was pure cheese (helium voices and the like)....granted you get a fair amount of cheese around now but it's in an entirely different league than what it was.

i know some older ravers rue the days when clubs like Bowlers shut down and that period in the late 90's early 00's signalled almost the death of uk hardcore....but it was probably one of the best things that could have happened to the scene because it came back not only with a vengeance, but with a whole new approach...and it's only really been since then that the scene has grown into what it is today....which is crowd pleasing and entertaining in a totally different way that it used to be...that pulls in new people...although some olde stylee warehouse raves are well worth going to because it's an entirely different experience to, say, slammin vinyl, or htid in swanky superclubs

at least thats what i think anyway :biggrin:

The new frantic euphoria album is a good one... Its got 2 cds of classics, and one cd of new ones, though its more hardhouse, although it has zombie nation, sandstorm and things like that on it.
Reply 135
happy hardcore got **** after 94/95, nothing hardcore about the music today, no breaks.
Reply 136
qwerty_st/n
aw well, each to their own i guess...i'll just be content in the knowledge that one day your gonna look back on your flip and fill days and cringe :p: !!

but hey at least we can agree on one thing! :smile:

Yeah that's good! :p: I doubt that I'll cringe on Flip and Fill music later on unlike the cringing from some saccharine yuck pop music that i can't believe I own, purchased a few years ago! :p: :redface:
Reply 137
I cant stand breaks so i prefer todays hardcore to be honest. Yeh some of the early HHC made me cringe it was so cheesy but now most have a lot of lyrics which a like, very simialr to trance in that respect.
Reply 138
El Scotto

The new frantic euphoria album is a good one... Its got 2 cds of classics, and one cd of new ones, though its more hardhouse, although it has zombie nation, sandstorm and things like that on it.

Lol, I got that album but it's :frown: for me bcos I didn't mean to get it- I picked up the wrong CD in the shop- the CD that i actually wanted was right next to it! :redface: :redface: :redface: I don't like the type of music on it at all :frown: so methinks I'm going to sell it or give it away as a present. :smile:
Reply 139
El Scotto

Yeah, it's not a bad CD. Pretty good. Although, i have no idea what Sandstrom and Kernkraft 400 are doing on it. They are both classic songs but definately are not hard dance.

Quick Reply

Latest