The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

stimmo
Try listening to the Tiesto remix - it's a bit more lively.

tiesto is a genius :biggrin: i was wathcing some videos and he mixed a snow patrol track with what sounded like traffic. :biggrin:
Anyone going to global gathering?
Reply 1382
dh00001
tiesto is a genius :biggrin: i was wathcing some videos and he mixed a snow patrol track with what sounded like traffic. :biggrin:

linky plz? love traffic and snow patrol :smile:
it was on youtube but its been removed, most are really distored because theyre filmed on camera phones. ill see what i can do though
Reply 1384
miki_da_magpie
Anyone going to global gathering?

No but I kinda want to. Thing is though, I don't drink / dance / have anyone to go with haha. Just love the music :smile:

Does anyone like the Gatecrasher Classics or Classic Euphoria CDs? My iPod has loads of classic stuff like that on it :biggrin:
Reply 1385
:hello: Hey, I was wondering whether anyone could help me! I've had this dance song in my head for a few days but can't remember the name of the song or the artist!:redface: Lyrics from it go like this:

"You're free,
To do what you want to do.
You've got to live with your life,
To do what you want to do".

Those are from the chorus and then after at least one of these choruses there's an instrumental interlude bit (I mean where there's just music, no lyrics) and in the video, I think, there's some rushing of ppl/this girl to a mtorbike perhaps to get somewhere/maybe a night club? Maybe this is done by computer graphics? I can't really remember soory, but can anyone help shed some light on this for me?
ultra nate - free :smile:
Cortez
No but I kinda want to. Thing is though, I don't drink / dance / have anyone to go with haha. Just love the music :smile:

Does anyone like the Gatecrasher Classics or Classic Euphoria CDs? My iPod has loads of classic stuff like that on it :biggrin:

Yea, I ended up just buying my ticket, and am now forcing ppl to come with me (through blackmail, money owed, etc. Tbh, I think I'll probably end up meeting loads of cool ppl there to dance and party with).

Classic Euphoria are all brilliant. Have a few of those... always ahead of the game unlike some... unless you live on Ibiza or in tiesto's etc's studios.
Reply 1388
OK. Where's the line between dance and drum and bass? Just watched human traffic and am trying to figure this out...
Reply 1389
Big fan of this music -trance all the way!
My favourites, across all dance genres - Faithless, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Chicane, Tiesto, Armand Van Helden, Armin Van Buuren, Jurgen Vries, Darude, Ian Van Dahl, DJ Sammy, Eric Prydz, Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Fragma, Utah Saints, Orbital, Prodigy.

Faithless my favourite though, as they cross so many genres, and they often have a message to their tracks, and I always prefer tracks with a message.

As Tracey on Big Brother said, I like to think of myself as a "cheesy quaver" (raver) - and "old" rave as well, not this indie "new rave" rubbish - New Rave has nothing to do with dance music I swear!

Want to get myself to Global Gathering sometime soon, looks best so far this year though, so guess I have to settle for the local clubs so far.
Reply 1390
dh00001
ultra nate - free :smile:

Thanks.:smile: I seem to have seen a different mix and video of it that the radio version original though- a more danced up and computer graphics one, so will have to try to find that somewhere, unless someone has any smidgen of idea what I'm on about!:p:

Also there's this song that either goes: "I'm honey, honey honey, honey" or the honey's are actually "horny" instead.:p: Does anyone know what the name of that song and the artist that does it is? I'm having a blip or two in remembering.:p: :redface:
Reply 1391
Mousse T - Horny.. I think.
stimmo
definitely agreed with what you said about Walking Away. To back up what I said though, nowadays you rarely find any epic anthems released, nothing in the mould of Cafe del mar, Adagio for Strings, For an Angel, even Pretty Green Eyes. Someone told me NYC Beat was the one to watch this summer, but I find it pretty disappointing. If you get an album like Classic Euphoria or Breakdown (the old one) then you can see what I mean. I guess the genre has just evolved with time.

Yeah I mean I have long ago stopped buying the compilations as its the same old same old, or the new ones even have rugurgitated remixes which are unavoidable. I think the problem is commercial trands have changed away from the trance scene from what it was in the late 90's early 00's which elevated such anthems to wider audiences and made the likes so recognisable by those who arent neccesarily into the genre, I suppose like what Pendulum have done in D'n'B. Though I was surprised when Jo 'the bint' Whiley played High Contrasts soon to be released tune on daytime radio 1. Wicked tune though, especially after first hearing Andy C bang it out at Glasto!

I mean I have countless compilations from 00/ 01/ 02/ 96 etc but they have changed so much, now from what I have seen you get cheesy pop remixes and rnb remixes in the likes of club mix, which does represent the current trend. And like I said Euphoria's atm seem to be the same, unless I am not looking hard enough, the last I really got into being Tidy & Judgement. Although saying that I have just bought another fabriclive CD, now they are quality, not very commerical but really good! But again there arent any massive anthems as it isnt commerical. But again I know in DnB terms Die & Clipz Number One was a massive anthem last year, spun out by many DnB DJ's but had no or little commercial success, which I think is good tbh as you dont get people joining the bandwagon for a quick buck... like Indie atm due to its success and ruining the genre like what happened to Trance, which fell over its success.

Tbh that means nothing and I was debating with myself and contradicting myself... oh well lol make of that what you will:smile:
ah going through my old music i found a song i used to love and still do
its by deep spirit, called lonely and the DJ Lhasa clubmix is the best version :biggrin:
try and listen to it :smile:
really getting into tomcraft again recently, loneliness and overdose are awesome :biggrin:
Reply 1395
hi guys, I recently joined this society. I like house, electro-house, minimal techno, electro/trance-house, funky dnb, uplifting trance, some progressive house...umm and that's about it!!! :p:

favourite artists at the mo are Benassi, Pendulum, Rhythm Masters, The Aviator, Rava, Acapulco, and Linus Loves. I also do some music producing myself, mostly progessive house/break beat.
Reply 1396
got Lustral - Deeper Darker Secrets last week and its amazing! Progressive dance i think it's labelled?
dh00001
really getting into tomcraft again recently, loneliness and overdose are awesome :biggrin:

Loneliness is a true classic. :yy:
Da Hool
I also do some music producing myself, mostly progessive house/break beat.

would be interested in hearing some of your stuff, any links? :smile:
Reply 1397
not yet, got a few pieces on though. give me a couple of days :smile:
Reply 1398
Zweig
Loneliness is a true classic

agreed, and I love the 'overdose' tune

got some links from MoS:

http://www.ministryofsound.com/music/audiovideo/artist?l=t&a=Tomcraft
Tomcraft are ace, I'm also getting back into G-Spott. Their album rocks my world!

Quick Reply

Latest