The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Insomnia is incredible live. I saw Faithless at a festival, though, and I need to see them at their own gig where the crowd's full of their fans.
that must be great seeing them live, insomnia must be great, god is a dj
Reply 1582
Robert Miles - Children, not played a great deal but still a great track.

Sash - Encour en Fois or Equador, both classics in their own rights.

Saw Faithless about 8 months ago as part of their UK tour, smallest venue on it, only about 2000 people I think? Might have been more, certainly no more than 5000. Standing, 4th row back. Best musical night of my life. Never thought I could sweat as much as I sweated, god knows how much weight I lost but simply couldnt keep myself on the floor. If you ever do get the chance to see them please take it, they are incredible. Salva Mea was the encore track and the crowd went nuts, We Come One has great audience participation. Insomnia, God is a DJ were always going to go down well, as did some of the newer stuff like Music Matters (that girls voice....mmmmm.......)
looks liek that are a must to see, i forgot about children don't hear that much only when i play
Ive never heard children out, but its a class tune for sure. And sash is a legend. Underworld-Born Slippy is one of my fav, allthough its gotten very commercial. Tiesto-Adagio for Strings, Armin v Buuren- Sail
why is it you don't heard children being played when out,
you hread sanstorm, though i have got a remox of the both together in one song
Children is a beautiful track. But I think it doesnt have the 'adrenaline rush' that a lot of other dance tracks have, or the pure euphoria of adagio for strings, hence it doesnt really get played out.
true but its great, dance and trance slow down a lot some clubs don't play alot of it
Some clubs? Im finding it harder and harder to go anywhere and hear decent dance music. It doesnt help that house has taken over the scene (although im a big fan) it seems to have taken over from the places that used to play trance :frown:
house its ok, rnb played a lot now as well not really a fan off that
miki_da_magpie
Some clubs? Im finding it harder and harder to go anywhere and hear decent dance music. It doesnt help that house has taken over the scene (although im a big fan) it seems to have taken over from the places that used to play trance :frown:

Maybe try and find some other genres of music that will tickle your fancy? Breakbeat/electro/techno/psytrance... trance is boring anyway :p: (in my opinion etc etc....) and so is house. Minimal techno!!!!!
electro ok, been to a few electro indie night, and they are good
Psytrance psytrance psytrance!!!!!!!!!

Erhem.

Seriously, give a decent night a go and you'll never look back.
BEST PARTIES EVER.
ok, faie enough, not many places near me that do a lot of it though
Reply 1594
chocmonster
oooh dobbs, clear your diary for the 22nd of march-THERE IS ANOTHER EVENT AT MAGNA!!!! ferry corsten, eddie halliwell, the judge etc etc. gonna be awesome!!!!! :smile:

:p: I'm way ahead of you! Already know about that event and am thinking about going.

The original line up did not include Judge Jules but rather it was Matt Hardwick (one of my top DJs easily - has never failed to deliver an awesome set!)...but Hardwick has pulled out and instead they put Jules in his place. I don't quite understand how they came to the conclusion that Judge Jules would be a sufficient replacement for Hardwick!! :rolleyes:

Anyway yeah, would have definitely been there with the original line up. Not a fan of Jules at all, mainly since he has no idea what he's doing! But Ferry and Eddie would be worth it :biggrin:

Ferry's coming to Newcastle in February though yay :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Wheres ferry playing, digital? I mite go to that. He was pretty good at Global.

mangomaz, you got any suggestions for psytrance? Im into melbourne shuffle so psytrance is right up my street, but where the hell would i go to listen to it? Ive been big on dnb for a while, but only because its so readily available in clubs that i dont have to travel 80 miles plus for
Reply 1596
Nice thread!

I've moved on from all the old trance classics. I actually prefer the current trance more than the classics. I absolutely love Above & Beyond, I love their song 'Cant sleep' - check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkH6YQKEIM&feature=related . Into Thrillseekers lately as well, love their remix of 'Need to feel loved' : http://youtube.com/watch?v=siZtObK6PNw .

I hear you're talking about Ferry Corsten? Any more details on his gig in Feb? Would definitely love to see that!

I love my house music as well. Anyone into Freemasons?
Reply 1597
Yeah he's at Digital in Newcastle on 22 February along with Simon Patterson. Probably be about £12-£15 entry.

Futuristic - bit far for you to travel for Ferry though, from Dorset to Newcastle, lol! Also, what do you mean the "current trance" more than the classics? Above & Beyond and Thrillseekers are both amongst the "classics"! Though maybe not those tracks, but things like No One On Earth and Good For Me (both A&B and awesome) and of course Thrillseekers' Synaesthesia and their remix of Chicane's Autumn Tactics.

I wouldn't consider Freemasons "house" - they're commercial dance music. I do like them, I have their album it's all good stuff, but it's certainly neither house nor trance.
Reply 1598
That Freemasons cover of Uninvited is actually better than the original. Genius.
the two song not bad

Quick Reply

Latest