The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone currently a student at Pleven?
Original post by HuzaifahN
Hey
Why did you choose to study at varna?

Varna is the best uni in bulgaria and it has all the top facilities. There must be a reason why this is the only uni to have entrance exams. I wasnt initially gonna come here tbh i wasnt even gonna come to bulgaria but here i am. Varna is nice like a small town with beach. without the beach varna would be tiny hahaaa
Original post by Taniamortez
Varna is the best uni in bulgaria and it has all the top facilities. There must be a reason why this is the only uni to have entrance exams. I wasnt initially gonna come here tbh i wasnt even gonna come to bulgaria but here i am. Varna is nice like a small town with beach. without the beach varna would be tiny hahaaa

Do students from all nationalities study there?
Sorry about the constant bombardment of questions but I think you should be prepared for a whole lot more of em.
Do students from all nationalities study there?
Sorry about the constant bombardment of questions but I think you should be prepared for a whole lot more of em.

haha thats finw. Well most of the students are from germany. theres are hand full of british students. its like 80% german and the rest is everyone else
What grades do you need?
Original post by Taniamortez
haha thats finw. Well most of the students are from germany. theres are hand full of british students. its like 80% german and the rest is everyone else

Thanks for the info :biggrin:
Original post by LCx2
Anyone applied to Plovdiv think about applying there aswell as pleven? Using an agency or by yourself ?

I've applied to Pleven! It seems good and it's cheaper!
I am!!

Original post by Superwoman212
I am hoping to go to Pleven Medical university for February 2017 entry. Is anyone planning to go there to? :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by iamjem_xo
I've applied to Pleven! It seems good and it's cheaper!

Yeah I've actually applied there now 😊
Hey guys,

My sister started as a med student at Pleven in Feb 2013 so she has just started her third year.. out of 6! :shock: She enjoys it but she has to learn Bulgarian alongside it, mainly for her final year when working in the hospitals. Also, great weather... skiing in the winter and sunbathing all summer (after exams of course :wink:)
Original post by rosiehannay
Hey guys,

My sister started as a med student at Pleven in Feb 2013 so she has just started her third year.. out of 6! :shock: She enjoys it but she has to learn Bulgarian alongside it, mainly for her final year when working in the hospitals. Also, great weather... skiing in the winter and sunbathing all summer (after exams of course :wink:)

That's so helpful thanks! Do you have any information about accommodation and how she went about that?
Original post by iamjem_xo
That's so helpful thanks! Do you have any information about accommodation and how she went about that?

Hmm not too sure sorry but I know that pretty much everything is cheaper over there
Original post by rosiehannay
Hmm not too sure sorry but I know that pretty much everything is cheaper over there

Ahh okay, thanks anyway!
I am hoping to go to Pleven Medical university for February 2017 entry. Is anyone planning to go there to? :smile:

Hopefully i will be too!! Im just finishing my nursing degree in January so February will be the perfect time to start medicine!! Ive got time to apply thought yet

Did you apply with SME?

Zara :smile:
Original post by Cooliomed
SME are a con and don't actually work with Pleven or even Sofia but claim they do. They are not on the Pleven website/list of approved agencies and Sofia published a bulletin on their website saying they don't work with them.

Don't get fooled!

At the open day they really sold them selves. Well they kinda persuaded my parents that we should use them to apply but then I did tell my parents that there are other agency's out there.
At the open day they really sold them selves. Well they kinda persuaded my parents that we should use them to apply but then I did tell my parents that there are other agency's out there.

The Brit who graduated in Romania and now claims to work in the UK is actually an old agent from PlusMed Students who lead a lot of people astray and of course they use these events to "sell" themselves, that is the whole point of it!
Original post by zarakhan100
Hopefully i will be too!! Im just finishing my nursing degree in January so February will be the perfect time to start medicine!! Ive got time to apply thought yet

Did you apply with SME?

Zara :smile:

That's good. No I'm applying through Medical Doorway :smile: Their application process is very simple to follow!
(edited 8 years ago)
@homeland.lsw I saw this thread and honestly thought you made the thread...
That's good. No I'm applying through Medical Doorway :smile: Their application process is very simple to follow!

I just downloaded their Pleven application form! So much easier!! Are you going for Pleven too? Xx
Original post by zarakhan100
I just downloaded their Pleven application form! So much easier!! Are you going for Pleven too? Xx

Yepp I am going Pleven!! I just filled out their application form and sent it to Ben who's one of the medical doorway rep x
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending