The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misst911
It's so easy to think there's one easy fix that will solve everything. I thought when I came to uni everything would be okay, but nothing really changed.

If you don't love yourself no one else will be able to :colonhash:

I know, but I really don't know what else to do :s-smilie:

I guess nobody will then, nothing to love about me, im just a freak and a loser.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Sorry, I didn't mean the genre dance, at least in our class it was things like Abba, Rihanna, Dusty Springfield :tongue: Anything high energy and fast paced. :yy:

If you find it too hard, then just stand there and wiggle :tongue: It's meant to be very full on and high paced but if you can't manage it right now it doesn't matter, it'll come.

I'm a dirty alternative kid so that kinda music is totes beyond me :redface: I'm sure it'll be fun though. Can't wait to give it a go!
Original post by SciFiBoy

I guess nobody will then, nothing to love about me, im just a freak and a loser.

Ok, I've never met you but I've seen your posts on here and I'm resonably sure that you're not a freak or a loser. You seem like a lovely person and you may not see it now but you will find somebody at some point. Maybe this is just fates way of telling you to focus on getting yourself better before starting a relationship?

to be honest everyone i know who thinks this about themselves turns out to be the best kind of people. Im 100% certain youre no exception.
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Ok, I've never met you but I've seen your posts on here and I'm resonably sure that you're not a freak or a loser. You seem like a lovely person and you may not see it now but you will find somebody at some point. Maybe this is just fates way of telling you to focus on getting yourself better before starting a relationship?

Original post by novaspire
to be honest everyone i know who thinks this about themselves turns out to be the best kind of people. Im 100% certain youre no exception.

im really not, like I said im not good at anything and people don't want to go out with me so I can't be great if they don't can I? :s-smilie:
Reply 9905

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.

Spoiler

You should lie down now and not fight the diazepam. Worry about the world tomorrow. For tonight just sleep.
Reply 9907
A real-life friend (I apparently have these, these days :awesome:) added me on Twitter and apparently went through all my old tweets and now knows how much of a head case I am. :colonhash: I mean, I suspect she knew anyway, but it's a bit obvious now.

In other news, I managed to ring up (!!!) a counsellor and have an appointment on Friday. :eek:
Reply 9908
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh right, I thought the eye twitching might be from that.

Good luck with the quetiapine, I hated the stuff but apparently it works for some people. :dontknow:

Why did you hate it?
Original post by kerily
A real-life friend (I apparently have these, these days :awesome:) added me on Twitter and apparently went through all my old tweets and now knows how much of a head case I am. :colonhash: I mean, I suspect she knew anyway, but it's a bit obvious now.

In other news, I managed to ring up (!!!) a counsellor and have an appointment on Friday. :eek:

Ooooh! *fistbumps for bravery* I had to call the counselling service a few days ago and my appointment is tomorrow. (Almost) counselling twins!
Reply 9910
Original post by ParadoxSocks
You should lie down now and not fight the diazepam. Worry about the world tomorrow. For tonight just sleep.

Yeah ok, i'll go to bed now.
Original post by Nut.
Yeah ok, i'll go to bed now.

:hugs: Have a nice sleep! You deserve it :smile:
Reply 9912
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Ooooh! *fistbumps for bravery* I had to call the counselling service a few days ago and my appointment is tomorrow. (Almost) counselling twins!

Well done :biggrin:

I'm having psychodynamic counselling, whatever on earth that actually is :tongue:
Had a strange few days, managed to go to bed 11pm Friday and wake up at 9.30am but stayed awake till 6.30am so 21 hours then woke up at 6pm Saturday, and Sunday but went to bed midnight Sunday and woke up at 9.30am and been that way till tonight as didnt get back from friends till 11.40

Anyway have been VERY spaced out the last few days but also feeling better during the day its just strange.

Also obv my appetite is more normal as I am eating earlier so no starving till midnight then binging.

However today have been having severe sweats, to the point when I got off a chair it was covered in sweat and my forehead was covered.

Any ideas?
Original post by kerily
Well done :biggrin:

I'm having psychodynamic counselling, whatever on earth that actually is :tongue:

That sounds pretty exciting. Mines a standard counselling assessment in place until my actual individual 'coping with being a person' therapy starts up and so that I can go to group therapy without kicking and screaming.

Will probably have a silence contest with the poor counsellor tomorrow :colondollar:
Original post by sauce
Why did you hate it?

loads of weight gain despite eating less than normal, ******* weird leg moving after you take it (doesn't sound too bad, but it's actually horrific - you can't sit still even walking isn't enough movement), well dry mouth for first few weeks (also pretty ******* unpleasant, nothing gets rid of it you can drink 20 pints of water it does **** all), ridiculously hard to concentrate on anything, it's like you can't follow thoughts they just don't join up properly in your head, sleepiness, I can't think of anything else right now but it's nasty ****. Wish I'd never taken it.

That's your opinion against all of ours :tongue:
Reply 9917
Original post by Sabertooth
loads of weight gain despite eating less than normal, ******* weird leg moving after you take it (doesn't sound too bad, but it's actually horrific - you can't sit still even walking isn't enough movement), well dry mouth for first few weeks (also pretty ******* unpleasant, nothing gets rid of it you can drink 20 pints of water it does **** all), ridiculously hard to concentrate on anything, it's like you can't follow thoughts they just don't join up properly in your head, sleepiness, I can't think of anything else right now but it's nasty ****. Wish I'd never taken it.

Brilliant. I've just lost a stone from a previous depressive episode, finally near a healthy BMI...I want to lose another 2-3 stone and I have food issues. That drug sounds like a dream to me :\
Original post by misst911
That's your opinion against all of ours :tongue:

I guess, sorry, I just finding it really hard to think positively right now :frown:

am really confused now, cause I want to be happy and I thought getting a girlfriend would help with that, now I don't even know anymore :cry2:

Spoiler

Latest