The Student Room Group

abortion at 24 weeks is murder.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Elipsis
Ah right so 5 months isn't long enough for them to realise, make plans, and make a proper decision now?

Again, showing your ignorance.

Judging women who do this completely when you have not done it yoruself, pathetic, please stick to more intelligent discussions rather than insulting women , thanks.

Wow. Very interesting. I don't care if it leaves some women in the lurch at all, because once you cross the point of viability it becomes even more wrong to abort than it already is before that point. Under your argument women could or should be able to abort right upto 9 months, because their circumstances are liable to change, or it's unfair to make them decide something in just 1/3 of a year :rolleyes:.

Nope, not at all, continuing to make things up, and you even ignored all points made again. Oh deary me.
Original post by Steevee
Not a sound argument. An Old person is already alive, sentienent and capable of thought, reason etc. A featous is not.

where your proof? a foetus knows what its mum sounds like, if it can recognise voices then its alive IMO
Reply 122
Original post by Tommyjw
Again, showing your ignorance.

Judging women who do this completely when you have not done it yoruself, pathetic, please stick to more intelligent discussions rather than insulting women , thanks.

Nope, not at all, continuing to make things up, and you even ignored all points made again. Oh deary me.

It's for their own good that they get it done as early as possible any way. They shouldn't be allowed to put it off to the point that they have to give birth to a still born, or they have to be put out and the baby has to be killed and then torn apart and dragged out of her. You are essentially saying that the 24 week limit should stay where it is because you feel that is the point at which it is acceptable to abort for any reason, I disagree and think it should be at least 4 weeks lower - perhaps before it actually resembles a baby to anyone with eyes. I don't even know why you begun talking about genuine reasons why a woman might abort at that late stage because it doesn't even come into it because she can always abort if she has non-social reasons for abortions.
Reply 123
Original post by Elipsis
It's for their own good that they get it done as early as possible any way. They shouldn't be allowed to put it off to the point that they have to give birth to a still born, or they have to be put out and the baby has to be killed and then torn apart and dragged out of her.

Sure, but you shouldn't stop them, else you ar elimiting their freedom, youa re forcing rash and quick decisions.

You are essentially saying that the 24 week limit should stay where it is because you feel that is the point at which it is acceptable to abort for any reason, I disagree and think it should be at least 4 weeks lower - perhaps before it actually resembles a baby to anyone with eyes.

Good for you.

I don't even know why you begun talking about genuine reasons why a woman might abort at that late stage because it doesn't even come into it because she can always abort if she has non-social reasons for abortions.

No she can't 'always' abort. You keep saying this and show no facts. Only the most serious life impacting or medical conditions will more likely than not be allowed for reasons after 24 weeks., The statistics show this. Lower done conditions and such generally don't happen, but may still happen depending on individual circumstances.

Please just say something intelligent for once. You continue to go against facts, continue to ignore the points i make, continue to make things up and lie abot what i say and continue to ramble ona bout irrelevant points. It really is pathetic now.
Original post by Tommyjw
Disgusting for you, not other people.

I don't care what their view is. It's wrong. They might believe robbing banks is acceptable, so is it okay to go and do it? I mean if I believe robbing banks is wrong, hey, I'll just not rob banks myself and leave others to it shall I? :rolleyes: No. Murder is wrong, end of.
Reply 125
Original post by LipstickKisses
I don't care what their view is. It's wrong. They might believe robbing banks is acceptable, so is it okay to go and do it? I mean if I believe robbing banks is wrong, hey, I'll just not rob banks myself and leave others to it shall I? :rolleyes: No. Murder is wrong, end of.

And your view is wrong to them, see how little that matters?

It's not murder by definition, by law, and by objective morals. Done and done.
Original post by Tommyjw
And your view is wrong to them, see how little that matters?

It's not murder by definition, by law, and by objective morals. Done and done.

Lol no, because their view is it's okay to kill their child because it's an inconvienience. :rolleyes: NATURALLY, we would have those children. Why the hell should we mess around with that?

By definition it is, by law it isn't. I don't see what difference the law makes on this.
Reply 127
Original post by Tommyjw
Sure, but you shouldn't stop them, else you ar elimiting their freedom, youa re forcing rash and quick decisions.

Good for you.

No she can't 'always' abort. You keep saying this and show no facts. Only the most serious life impacting or medical conditions will more likely than not be allowed for reasons after 24 weeks., The statistics show this. Lower done conditions and such generally don't happen, but may still happen depending on individual circumstances.

Please just say something intelligent for once. You continue to go against facts, continue to ignore the points i make, continue to make things up and lie abot what i say and continue to ramble ona bout irrelevant points. It really is pathetic now.

You haven't proven that lower down conditions are refused at all... so before you do this your argument is invalid. The statistics show it doesn't happen often, but that it does happen, they don't show why. If they didn't happen at all you may have a point, but they do. Your contention that they don't happen because of refusal is no more valid than Martyn*s contention that they don't happen because lizard men point ray guns at peoples heads and it changes their mind. Allowing abortions at 24 weeks when the child is viable is putting the mothers right not to be upset at giving away her child over the childs right to live at all, which is down right stupid.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
if abortion is murder, then ****ing is genocide
Reply 129
Lol no, because their view is it's okay to kill their child because it's an inconvienience. :rolleyes: NATURALLY, we would have those children. Why the hell should we mess around with that?

By definition it is, by law it isn't. I don't see what difference the law makes on this.

Learn the definition please. Murder is unlawful killing, this is not unlawful. It is also of a human being, and what you or i think doesn't matter, the people who made the act and scientists/doctors who partaken in the dfiscussion and such agreed that it isn't classed as a human being. Again, this is the objective view, not subjective, so whether you disagree matters not.

Original post by Elipsis
You haven't proven that lower down conditions are refused at all... so before you do this your argument is invalid. The statistics show it doesn't happen, they don't show why. Your contention that they don't happen because of refusal is no more valid than Martyn*s contention that they don't happen because lizard men point ray guns at peoples heads and it changes their mind. Allowing abortions at 24 weeks when the child is viable isn't putting the mothers right not to be upset at giving away her child over the childs right to live at all, which is down right stupid.

Again and again you resort to this childish argument.

So i'll ask again, as you have ignored this twice, please find me a news report about a normal everyday average man being chosen over another average man for a normal average job, and it was a fair decision.

Thanks.

P.s. No-one cares about your subjective view. So putting your opinions all over the places does not matter, and given they make up the vast majority of your posts, just shows how little you have to add to this discussion.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Otkem
Because abortion is murder. She should have kept her legs crossed.

Abstinence should be promoted instead of contraception, as abstinence is the only 100% effective way of stopping unwanted pregnancy.

Says the one who goes into graphic detail about their infidelity and homosexual activity on the Relationships forum? At least be discreet about your indiscretions if you are going to preach.
Original post by Tommyjw
Learn the definition please. Murder is unlawful killing, this is not unlawful. It is also of a human being, and what you or i think doesn't matter, the people who made the act and scientists/doctors who partaken in the dfiscussion and such agreed that it isn't classed as a human being. Again, this is the objective view, not subjective, so whether you disagree matters not.

So i'll ask again, as you have ignored this twice, please find me a news report about a normal everyday average man being chosen over another average man for a normal average job, and it was a fair decision.

Thanks.

P.s. No-one cares about your subjective view. So putting your opinions all over the places does not matter, and given they make up the vast majority of your posts, just shows how little you have to add to this discussion.

It's the objective view according to the legal definition of murder.
Many people, especially the religious, have a moral definition too which is what I say abortion is murder under.
Reply 132
Original post by ScheduleII
It's the objective view according to the legal definition of murder.
Many people, especially the religious, have a moral definition too which is what I say abortion is murder under.

And many people do not. Hence why a UK poll agrees.

So do countless people In parliament and the people they consult about it, given , with medical advice and expertise, they have chosen not to lower the time frame multiple times now, including two fairly recent times.

Religious is not an 'objective view'. Religious is a subjective view based upon a religion, not upon science and facts.
Original post by Tommyjw

This isn't objective, it is completely subjective as the UK law was made by HUMANS and is therefore arbitrary. Morally, killing is wrong. Killing a baby is wrong.
Reply 134
This isn't objective, it is completely subjective as the UK law was made by HUMANS and is therefore arbitrary. Morally, killing is wrong. Killing a baby is wrong.

Objective - fact not based upon opinions.
Law on murder is objective, isn't based upon opinions.
Scientists and doctors were involved in the making of the abortion law, and in every MP debate about it, as well as research in to it, and the answer has always been the same.

Again, read what i have said, what your view is does not matter, as the majority and the professionals disagree. Done and done.
Reply 135
Original post by Tommyjw

Thanks.

The trouble is I am not trying to promote a policy of killing viable babies off of the back of the facts you are asking me for. If women were in dire need of abortions post 24 weeks and they were being refused a doctor, an MP, and a whole plethora of women's rights groups would have spoken out about it. Seeing as the entire internet is silent the only obvious thing to presume is that such cases don't exist, or are extremely freak occurences.

I think the problem you're having here is that both of our views are subjective, yours moreso than mine, and you fail to realise that.
Reply 136
Further to my point above here is some evidence for womens attitudes towards abortions:

http://www.jstor.org/pss/351977

As you can read (I assume you can read, but probably shouldn't given your levels of cognition shown in this thread), women's attitudes to abortion do not change if they have a reason to abort or not (i.e. if they discover the baby is defective). This would show why there are so few abortions post 24 weeks, because the mothers have decided to keep the baby and stick by it. It highlights that women when given the choice will turn it down if they have done so already, and that the abilities of their child do not come into play. Check mate.
Reply 137
Original post by Elipsis
The trouble is I am not trying to promote a policy of killing viable babies off of the back of the facts you are asking me for. If women were in dire need of abortions post 24 weeks and they were being refused a doctor, an MP, and a whole plethora of women's rights groups would have spoken out about it. Seeing as the entire internet is silent the only obvious thing to presume is that such cases don't exist, or are extremely freak occurences.

For god sdake, would you shut up.

AGAIN you make things up. It is really getting stupidly pathetic now.

I never stated anything about an abortion being refused after 24 weeks when the woman is in DIRE NEED.

Jesus christ stop with the lies, it is ****ing pathetic.

I think the problem you're having here is that both of our views are subjective, yours moreso than mine, and you fail to realise that.

Except mine is backed up by medical professionals, researchers, MP debates, the law, polls, etc etc =]

or does that ruin your point?

Original post by Elipsis
Further to my point above here is some evidence for womens attitudes towards abortions:

http://www.jstor.org/pss/351977

1) Doesn't say that
2) From USA
3) 1987 < LOL

Silly kids, stay away from discussions, learn what a real source is

P.s. Good job on ignoring points AGAIN ha :smile:!. Getting good at it.
Reply 138
Original post by Tommyjw
For god sdake, would you shut up.

AGAIN you make things up. It is really getting stupidly pathetic now.

I never stated anything about an abortion being refused after 24 weeks when the woman is in DIRE NEED.

Jesus christ stop with the lies, it is ****ing pathetic.

Except mine is backed up by medical professionals, researchers, MP debates, the law, polls, etc etc =]

or does that ruin your point?

1) Doesn't say that
2) From USA
3) 1987 < LOL

Silly kids, stay away from discussions, learn what a real source is

P.s. Good job on ignoring points AGAIN ha :smile:!. Getting good at it.

Then WTF have you been going on about it being some sort of travesty to lower abortions from 24 to 20 weeks for then? All throughout the thread you have been trying to say that it is necessary because that is when most genetic defects are discovered; but that is unimportant to this whole debate because you have finally admitted that women can get an abortion whenever they want if it affects their health or if the baby has defects. So now what are we debating? Whether it is right or wrong for a mother to abort a child at 20 weeks for other reasons, like the fact she can't afford to buy it nikes or something? I thought you were complaining about subjective :rolleyes:. Bloody hell, you are actually a walking, talking, advert for aborting the mentally retarded.
Reply 139
Original post by Elipsis
Then WTF have you been going on about it being some sort of travesty to lower abortions from 24 to 20 weeks for then? All throughout the thread you have been trying to say that it is necessary because that is when most genetic defects are discovered; but that is unimportant to this whole debate because you have finally admitted that women can get an abortion whenever they want if it affects their health or if the baby has defects. So now what are we debating? Whether it is right or wrong for a mother to abort a child at 20 weeks for other reasons, like the fact she can't afford to buy it nikes or something? I thought you were complaining about subjective :rolleyes:. Bloody hell, you are actually a walking, talking, advert for aborting the mentally retarded.

Wow.. you actually can't read English can you? I'll copy and paste the same thing i've been saying over and over, just for you.

'Most problems don't arise til after 20 weeks. Serious and non serious problems. Non serious problems which would still be allowed by law and objective morals to class for an abortion before 24 weeks.Lowering the time to 20 weeks or less means people who would not be happy about various conditions, which is their choice, could do nothing about it unless it was serious.. as they would have found out AFTER their 'time was up' to make the decision'

See the bit in bold, thats the bit you have failed to read over and over.

And no, i have not admitted that, again stop with the lies.

buy nikes? :facepalm: Okay just shut up now, embarrassing yourself.

Thanks for ignoring all points again, ignoring points against your source,s and making things up again. Yet i'm the retarded one.. :rolleyes:. How cute.

Come back when you have something intelligent to add for once.

Seriously.. a 1987 source that doesn't even say what you said it does.. lol!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending