The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Summer accommodation in Derby Uni

I got an internship for 10 weeks based in Derby for Rolls Royce next summer and is looking for rooms in halls to rent for this period. Do you guys have any recommendations about which halls to live in? Price isnt really an issue, im more looking for reasonable commuter distance from Allentown where RR is based, as well as places to party in the weekends (Nottingham, derby city centre, Loughbrough). Picturesque countryside views is a plus, I do not have a car. Any Nottingham/Derby students that can give me some recommendations?:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Lucy Pevensie
I got an internship for 10 weeks based in Derby for Rolls Royce next summer and is looking for rooms in halls to rent for this period. Do you guys have any recommendations about which halls to live in? Price isnt really an issue, im more looking for reasonable commuter distance from Allentown where RR is based, as well as places to party in the weekends (Nottingham, derby city centre, Loughbrough). Picturesque countryside views is a plus, I do not have a car. Any Nottingham/Derby students that can give me some recommendations?:smile:

Most of the halls are all very near to each other with the exception of Laverstoke and Lonsdale (not even sure where they are tbh). Princess Alice, Sir Peter Hilton and Peak Court are probably the closest to the city centre but all are with 10 mins walk anyway. Ive stayed at st christophers court which i like as its easy to walk places but on the way out of town. The halls are virtually the same inside, Peak court is all ensuite rooms but all the other halls (except lonsdale i think) have some ensuite rooms. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by misscharli
Most of the halls are all very near to each other with the exception of Laverstoke and Lonsdale (not even sure where they are tbh). Princess Alice, Sir Peter Hilton and Peak Court are probably the closest to the city centre but all are with 10 mins walk anyway. Ive stayed at st christophers court which i like as its easy to walk places but on the way out of town. The halls are virtually the same inside, Peak court is all ensuite rooms but all the other halls (except lonsdale i think) have some ensuite rooms. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Hows the quality of the rooms? Are you happy with the natural surroundings? Are there many student parties? :smile:
Reply 3
Congrats on getting that internship. There was some video of the city centre rooms on the uni website, They're pretty much what you'd get at any block of modern uni flats.
I'd expect it to be quiet in the summer tbh unless there's other RR people also staying there.
Fwiw I'd recommend chatsworth house for a day out (2 busses, change at Bakewell)
Original post by Joinedup
Congrats on getting that internship. There was some video of the city centre rooms on the uni website, They're pretty much what you'd get at any block of modern uni flats.
I'd expect it to be quiet in the summer tbh unless there's other RR people also staying there.
Fwiw I'd recommend chatsworth house for a day out (2 busses, change at Bakewell)

awww im gonna feel so lonley:frown: was looking forward mingle/party with local students on a non work/study related basis:cool: How about Nottingham/Loughbrough? Good for a friday evening trip for locals?
Reply 5
Are RR recommending anything for accom? I'd go with that and you'll probably have the other interns to go out with.
Original post by Joinedup
Are RR recommending anything for accom? I'd go with that and you'll probably have the other interns to go out with.

Nah im on my own. Prefer it this way as well, it gets a bit overwhelming to both work and live with the same ppl day in and day out. I'd like some private space since I'll be spending most of my time at work with the others anyhow. its a new part of the country for me to live in, so would like to check out the society outside the company gates:smile:
Original post by Lucy Pevensie
Nah im on my own. Prefer it this way as well, it gets a bit overwhelming to both work and live with the same ppl day in and day out. I'd like some private space since I'll be spending most of my time at work with the others anyhow. its a new part of the country for me to live in, so would like to check out the society outside the company gates:smile:

Hi,

I think RR is advertising Princess Alice Court for interns from RR and other companies too? I think I may have a look as I am doing similar :smile:
Original post by jasmine_windsor_
Hi,

I think RR is advertising Princess Alice Court for interns from RR and other companies too? I think I may have a look as I am doing similar :smile:

Hi @jasmine_windsor_
You're spot on. In fact, we've got a page with more information specifically for Rolls-Royce interns.
All the best.
Toby
Where do Rolls Royce employees live who are on a 4 year apprenticeship degree programme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending