The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM offer holders thread Sept 2024 entry

Hey everyone! Congratulations! I am so happy for us all. Please feel free to ask any questions here and discuss things like accommodation, moving etc.

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! Anyone know when the offer holder day might be
Reply 2
Original post by bombertwom
Hey, so I went to Nottingham site and it said you have to book it through Lincoln : https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/studywithus/opendaysandvisits/offerholderdays/

Medicine BMBS would be us too right or is that just for undergrad?
Hey! Guessing most of us are looking at staying in the derby hospital accommodation? Just wanted to hear everyones plans :smile:
Original post by KieranBarney
Hey! Guessing most of us are looking at staying in the derby hospital accommodation? Just wanted to hear everyones plans :smile:

I will be living with my partner but I have heard really good things about Nottingham student accommodation! I have a friend who was at Nottingham for a few years, she had nothing but good things to say. And to all those who will be looking to share a private rent, she said it was very easy to find somewhere.
Original post by Had!jahh
Hey, so I went to Nottingham site and it said you have to book it through Lincoln : https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/studywithus/opendaysandvisits/offerholderdays/
can i ask why lincoln when the course is based in derby?
Reply 6
Original post by IkonicStayMaker
can i ask why lincoln when the course is based in derby?
You're right to ask. I misread. It says if your offer is medicine at Lincoln, then book it through that
You're right to ask. I misread. It says if your offer is medicine at Lincoln, then book it through that
GEM is based in derby right? I’m a bit confused since nottingham has so many different courses and campuses
Hey guys I emailed the GEM team to check. They said if you're studying at Nottingham, which I believe is based at Derby, you'll get an email about the offer holder day and further details in due time. I think it'll be in Derby but who knows lol
The offer holders day is on the 6th April, and based at Derby. We should expect an email about it soon! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by manchester98
The offer holders day is on the 6th April, and based at Derby. We should expect an email about it soon! :smile:
Thank you!
i’m thinking of living closer to notts and commuting to derby either by driving or by the free hopper bus that goes from the campus. i did my undergrad at notts so would rather live in notts than derby ahaha
Reply 12
Original post by georgimidd13
i’m thinking of living closer to notts and commuting to derby either by driving or by the free hopper bus that goes from the campus. i did my undergrad at notts so would rather live in notts than derby ahaha
would you recommend the uni accoms or private accoms?
Original post by fznms
would you recommend the uni accoms or private accoms?
they’re both good tbh but i’m not sure if the uni accom in derby is mixed with other undergrad courses. i found private accom super easy to get when i was at notts previously and probably better for those not wanting to go back to halls
Original post by bombertwom
Hi there @bombertwom if you receive your offer, you’ll get an email inviting you to book your place. You can only book through the email. If you have received your offer but have not received an email to book your place, please check your junk or spam folders. If you still can’t see it, then please contact us with your full name and course, and email address on your UCAS application. After you’ve booked, you will be sent an email with a link to your subject programme. Please note that Veterinary Medicine do not run offer-holder days, however you can book on to a Veterinary Medicine specific campus tour of Sutton Bonington here to visit the campus and speak to staff and students from the course. If your offer is for Medicine at Lincoln, you can book your offer-holder day through the University of Lincoln website here.
Reply 15
Heya just wanted to ask from everyone who has an offer did anyone get asked for an academic reference by the uni prior to getting the offer?
Hi there :grin: If you receive your offer, you’ll get an email inviting you to book your place. You can only book through the email. If you have received your offer but have not received an email to book your place, please check your junk or spam folders. If you still can’t see it, then please contact us with your full name and course, and email address on your UCAS application. After you’ve booked, you will be sent an email with a link to your subject programme.
Please note that Veterinary Medicine do not run offer-holder days, however you can book on to a Veterinary Medicine specfic campus tour of Sutton Bonington here to visit the campus and speak to staff and students from the course.
If your offer is for Medicine at Lincoln, you can book your offer-holder day through the University of Lincoln website here. You can read more info about offer older days at UON here
Reply 17
Original post by SaraVidanagamage
Heya just wanted to ask from everyone who has an offer did anyone get asked for an academic reference by the uni prior to getting the offer?
I sent my academic reference off with my UCAS application but I do believe that is a good sign so I’m crossing my fingers and sending prayers up to God for you
Reply 18
I sent my academic reference off with my UCAS application but I do believe that is a good sign so I’m crossing my fingers and sending prayers up to God for you
Thank you so much! I sent an academic reference from my sixth form cos my school agreed to let me make an application through them instead of my uni but Nottingham Contacted me post interview for an actual uni academic reference. I don’t see why they’d ask me that if they were planning to reject me so fingers crossed
Original post by SaraVidanagamage
Yes I did but it was before I had my interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending