The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA1 Unit 1 Psychology 10th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Message
Well I guess everyone has their style :wink:. I read you are on a gap year. Where are you looking at applying to and what course? I hope everything works out for you this time mate.

Well I've been rejected by 2 of my choices :') Got conditionals off Wolves and Cumbria though for Sociology and Social Science + Criminology respectively :smile:

AND I'VE FINALLY FINISHED THE COURSE :biggrin: Time to condense a sheddddd load of notes :')
Reply 141
Original post by Deyesy
Well I've been rejected by 2 of my choices :') Got conditionals off Wolves and Cumbria though for Sociology and Social Science + Criminology respectively :smile:

AND I'VE FINALLY FINISHED THE COURSE :biggrin: Time to condense a sheddddd load of notes :')

Glad to hear you got some offers! Do you have any idea what field you would like to go into after uni? Social Sciences are really interesting!
Reply 142
Original post by Message
Glad to hear you got some offers! Do you have any idea what field you would like to go into after uni? Social Sciences are really interesting!

Not a clue! :lol: If I choose Wolves then I wouldn't mind teaching Sociology at some point :smile: If I choose Cumbria, then I honestly don't have a clue where Social Sciences and Criminology will take me :colondollar:
Reply 143
Original post by s_axo
Attached. You are wonderful.

:teehee:
Reply 144
Original post by Saif95
:teehee:

I'm surprised you're the first to see that :tongue:
Reply 145
Original post by Deyesy
Not a clue! :lol: If I choose Wolves then I wouldn't mind teaching Sociology at some point :smile: If I choose Cumbria, then I honestly don't have a clue where Social Sciences and Criminology will take me :colondollar:

Well I hope you get your grades this time. If you don't mind me asking, what grades are they asking for?
Reply 146
Original post by Message
Well I hope you get your grades this time. If you don't mind me asking, what grades are they asking for?

Well I have DDE at the moment. I've been predicted an A in my AS Psychology overall, so that would take the E to a C :smile: So Wolves want me to get the A in the AS Psychology and Cumbria want a C in no specific A Level :smile: So I'll have either CDE, CDD with Psychology as the C or CCD with the C's in Psychology and Sociology :smile: - Hopefully that made some sense :')
Reply 147
Original post by Deyesy
Well I have DDE at the moment. I've been predicted an A in my AS Psychology overall, so that would take the E to a C :smile: So Wolves want me to get the A in the AS Psychology and Cumbria want a C in no specific A Level :smile: So I'll have either CDE, CDD with Psychology as the C or CCD with the C's in Psychology and Sociology :smile: - Hopefully that made some sense :')

Of course it does! That sounds really good. Have you got a favourite out of the two?

I was wondering if you lend me a hand with one topic mate. You know the Cognitive Interview? I am not too sure about the research carried out by Memon and Stein (2006). That is where they tested the CI in Brazil. The thing is, I don't know if the participants knew they were involved in research or not? I am unsure how to discuss validity here because I don' t know how the research was conducted! I was wondering if you had any idea? Thanks mate
Reply 148
Original post by Message
Of course it does! That sounds really good. Have you got a favourite out of the two?

I was wondering if you lend me a hand with one topic mate. You know the Cognitive Interview? I am not too sure about the research carried out by Memon and Stein (2006). That is where they tested the CI in Brazil. The thing is, I don't know if the participants knew they were involved in research or not? I am unsure how to discuss validity here because I don' t know how the research was conducted! I was wondering if you had any idea? Thanks mate

Sociology :') I absolutely hate the Psychology stuff coming up for the June exam :tongue:

My notes say 'they were required to watch a video of an abduction', so by the sounds of that they were forced to watch it. So they must have known they were going to watch the video :smile: I don't know if that's any help dude...
Reply 149
Original post by Deyesy
Sociology :') I absolutely hate the Psychology stuff coming up for the June exam :tongue:

My notes say 'they were required to watch a video of an abduction', so by the sounds of that they were forced to watch it. So they must have known they were going to watch the video :smile: I don't know if that's any help dude...

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for your help mate. Have you got many exams in January?
Reply 150
Original post by Message
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for your help mate. Have you got many exams in January?

Just the one :tongue: So really I should absolutely smash this exam out the park :') Yourself?
Reply 151
Original post by Deyesy
Just the one :tongue: So really I should absolutely smash this exam out the park :') Yourself?

Same here :wink:. It will be tough with 7 others though in the next series! I am quite nervous about my History exams as well as the Business Studies ones! I think I read on you profile that you do History. How did you find that? I am doing Edexcel - Unit 1 - Russia in revolution etc and Unit 2 - Britain and Ireland.

Cheers!
Reply 152
Original post by Message
Same here :wink:. It will be tough with 7 others though in the next series! I am quite nervous about my History exams as well as the Business Studies ones! I think I read on you profile that you do History. How did you find that? I am doing Edexcel - Unit 1 - Russia in revolution etc and Unit 2 - Britain and Ireland.

Cheers!

I found my History fine :smile: We did Russia from 1855-1917 and Germany from 1918-45 for our AS Level and then Britain from 1918-64 and coursework on 14th and 15th Century Spain in our A2's >.>

I absolutely loved Britain and Tsarist Russia but hated Germany and Spain :')
Reply 153
Original post by Message
Hi there

Well I had a look at this is good. It is funny because me and you have such different styles of writing - I make an AO1 point and then an AO2 etc. Your approach is fine though. You have got the cases in there and evalauted well. I would say that this is at least 9/10 out of 12 - but of course, remember that I am not a teacher

I would suggest you get your own teacher to have a look. I am going to send examples of my essays to my teachers for marking and feedback. I would suggest you do the same if possible.

I hope you do well!

Thank you thank you thank you. Yes, I shall once we go back to college. Unfortunately I messaged them to my teacher and shes ignored me thus far....
Reply 154
Well I didn't get as much as I should have done today. I'll just make up for it tomorrow however...
Reply 155
Original post by Deyesy
Well I didn't get as much as I should have done today. I'll just make up for it tomorrow however...

Same here! I've just got the effects of day care left...come on Safrina :eek:
didnt do any today... was going back from a holiday (revised during the holiday!) and ended up falling asleep in the car... then the boyfriend said "get in the car we are going out" so of course i did :P ended up staying over his till late...

excuses excuses...

just got deprivation and day care to revise over. its more the theorists i have to remember, got AO1 sussed!
Reply 157
Original post by megfashion
didnt do any today... was going back from a holiday (revised during the holiday!) and ended up falling asleep in the car... then the boyfriend said "get in the car we are going out" so of course i did :P ended up staying over his till late...

excuses excuses...

just got deprivation and day care to revise over. its more the theorists i have to remember, got AO1 sussed!

This made me giggle so much :P
It's all good!! We've been working hard. Hope you had a nice day :biggrin: xx
Reply 158
Original post by s_axo
Same here! I've just got the effects of day care left...come on Safrina :eek:

I do hope that's your name and not some Psychologist I'm meant to have heard of :colondollar:
Reply 159
Original post by Deyesy
I do hope that's your name and not some Psychologist I'm meant to have heard of :colondollar:

HAHAHAHHA! Hell no, just my name!! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending