The Student Room Group

questions in the 2023 paper psychology paper 1

Hi, I just wanted to know what the questions were in the 2023 paper 1 psychology paper as to use as guidance for revision, if that's okay :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zeeteuk
Hi, I just wanted to know what the questions were in the 2023 paper 1 psychology paper as to use as guidance for revision, if that's okay :smile:

ask your teachers for the papers when they come out around April May ish time. other than that. revise beck and ellis, anxiety
Reply 2
Original post by greussy
ask your teachers for the papers when they come out around April May ish time. other than that. revise beck and ellis, anxiety

Did Beck and Ellis come in the 2023 paper?
Hi,

I sat the paper. There were something on minority influence, bowlby theory of maternal deprivation and factors affecting EWT. Ik depression came up think it was on Ellis or beck can't remember sorry!

Erm for social influence there was an application qs on situational variables, which was 6 marks, for memory I remember there being a bit of stats.

If I remember anything else I'll drop you a message :smile:

Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Hatekittens12345
Hi,

I sat the paper. There were 3 16 marker on minority influence, bowlby theory of maternal deprivation and factors affecting EWT. Ik depression came up think it was an 8 marker on Ellis or beck can't remember sorry!

Erm for social influence there was an application qs on situational variables, which was 6 marks, for memory I remember there being a bit of stats.

If I remember anything else I'll drop you a message :smile:

Hope this helps!

YOU ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER!!! Literally adore you SO much right now, thankyou so so so bloody much!!
....would it be too much to ask if you remember any of the topics/questions covered in the 2023 papers about attachment, schizophrenia and forensic psychology🙈
So for schizophrenia the 16 mark was discuss one or more explanation for schizophrenia. So you can talk about biological and psychological or just 1 in depth.

There was also something on debates which was there are many explanations in psych ranging from holism to reductionism' discuss the levels of explanations in psych

I didn't do forensics 😭
This is paper 2

SLT came up, a biological approach question that linked to the same scenario as SLT,*multiple*choice on psychodynamic, give assumption of cognitive approach and discuss cognitive neuroscience

Biopsychology -
difference between endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers give example, , something 'outline fight or flight' link it back to the scenario ' discuss research into plasticity and functional recovery'*

RM - ; there was no 12 marker, just a 6 marker on outline 2 ethical issues in psychological research and describe how you could deal with it.

Asked about type ll errors

There was a 5 marker on which stats test to use there was a question which said how would you measure 2 co - variables but don't use any self-report methods
Reply 7
So for schizophrenia the 16 mark was discuss one or more explanation for schizophrenia. So you can talk about biological and psychological or just 1 in depth.

There was also a 16 marker on issues an debates which was there are many explanations in psych ranging from holism to reductionism' discuss the levels of explanations in psych

I didn't do forensics 😭

Thankyou so so much honestly, you don’t know how much you have just helped me out! if you haven’t already guess I have mocks right about now and I’ve been focusing too much on biology so I haven’t been able to revise properly for psych or sociology! In my mocks I’m being assessed on psychopathology, schizophrenia, attachment, forensics and research methods which are literally the WORST topics, so I’m praying they’re just last years questions 😭😭
But you’ve just made my day, thanks so much!
Reply 8
This is paper 2

Approaches - SLT came up, a biological approach question that linked to the same scenario as SLT,*multiple*choice on psychodynamic, 1 marker on give 1 assumption of cognitive approach and 'outline and briefly discuss cognitive neuroscience' for 8 marks

Biopsychology -
*'outline 1 difference between endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers give example of each' , a 6 marker on 'outline fight or flight' link it back to the scenario ' discuss research into plasticity and functional recovery'* - 16 marks,

RM - ; there was no 12 marker, just a 6 marker on outline 2 ethical issues in psychological research and describe how you could deal with it.

Asked about type ll errors

There was a 5 marker on which stats test to use there was a question which said how would you measure 2 co - variables but don't use any self-report methods

I wish my teacher put biopsychology on the mock, it’s one of my favs simply because doing bio makes it sm easier, thanks a lot tho!
It's okay don't worry about if you need any help lmk. Omgg bio don't miss it at all 😭😭 I'm doing an English degree. Oooh whens your mock? 2 of my friends did sociology I can ask what came up for you?
Original post by iyusraxx
I wish my teacher put biopsychology on the mock, it’s one of my favs simply because doing bio makes it sm easier, thanks a lot tho!

Yesss I get it it made sm more sense! Let me see if I can find more on attachment and psychopathology for you :smile:
Reply 11
It's okay don't worry about if you need any help lmk. Omgg bio don't miss it at all 😭😭 I'm doing an English degree. Oooh whens your mock? 2 of my friends did sociology I can ask what came up for you?

biology is literally the BANE of my existence 💀 it aggravates me!
Ahhhh! Omg if you could, ask them about crime, beliefs, culture + identity and theories!
again your currently my lifesaver thanks so much!
And I wish you all the best with your degree, you will smash it! :smile:
Reply 12
Yesss I get it it made sm more sense! Let me see if I can find more on attachment and psychopathology for you :smile:

literally LOVE you!!
Thankyou so so much honestly, you don’t know how much you have just helped me out! if you haven’t already guess I have mocks right about now and I’ve been focusing too much on biology so I haven’t been able to revise properly for psych or sociology! In my mocks I’m being assessed on psychopathology, schizophrenia, attachment, forensics and research methods which are literally the WORST topics, so I’m praying they’re just last years questions 😭😭
But you’ve just made my day, thanks so much!

Ohh attachment outline schaffers stages of attachment ( I think!!)

Yeah so on Ellis outline it.

outline deviation from mental health & evaluate failure to function

cultural variation

Standardisation, Randomisation content analysis
Reply 14
Eeeeeeek! Content analysis is one scary phrase! I’ll be sure to revise the crap out of all this before next week! or I’ll resort to duas if none of this is on the mock 😭
Eeeeeeek! Content analysis is one scary phrase! I’ll be sure to revise the crap out of all this before next week! or I’ll resort to duas if none of this is on the mock 😭

Dua's always, never forget them! What exam board do you do for bio?
Reply 16
Dua's always, never forget them! What exam board do you do for bio?

I’m aqa for everything! yes 100% dua’s above everything! I’m gonna be reciting rabbi zidni ilma every second I’m in the biology exams!
I’m aqa for everything! yes 100% dua’s above everything! I’m gonna be reciting rabbi zidni ilma every second I’m in the biology exams!

Bio gosh most of paper 1 and 3 was antibodies and immunity. One q from 25marker was on importance of membranes 😭
Reply 18
Bio gosh most of paper 1 and 3 was antibodies and immunity. One q from 25marker was on importance of membranes 😭

I must say I do love immunity, but remembering it all is the hardest thing, like I always confuse the two specific responses, oh and please do not say it was on monoclonal antibodies 💀

I've got the unofficial questions and mark scheme if you want it for paper 1? I need to find the other 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending