The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 1 (9PS0 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 1 (9PS0 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 19th May 2023/ AM
Length: 2hr

Scroll to see replies

Any ideas on potential questions?
currently struggling with issues and debates
Hi guys, I don't know about anyone else but I have been particularly stressed about the exams as we are not far from it now. Has anyone else got any predictions on what might pop up on the Edexcel paper one Psychology exam?
Any 8 marker predictions for each approach and issues and debates, advice on how to cram
Also has anyone started revision on paper 2 because I haven’t 🫣

Original post by silly_billy123

Social approach I feel like 8 marker could be on agency theory
Original post by Kate005
Hi guys, I don't know about anyone else but I have been particularly stressed about the exams as we are not far from it now. Has anyone else got any predictions on what might pop up on the Edexcel paper one Psychology exam?

Hi @Kate005 I've popped your question in here where you might get a bit more help :smile:
hey i’ve requested to follow you so i can message you xx
Original post by lucyamyl
hey I have some really good psych notes! I got an A* and am now at cambridge - message me on insta @lucyamyl if you're interested. I'm trying to sell them where possible but not for very much xx
How’s everyone feeling for this paper
Reply 9
i say just go through past papers and see what they haven't asked. eg last year 2022, these were the 8 markers
social - how culture affect prejudice
cog - evaluate steyvers and hemmer
bio - use of correlational research
LT - bandura 1965
I and D - reductionism + LT and nat/nurt in bio
s those won't come up as long answers this year since ppl can the memories the answers from last
Original post by sanriolvr221
Any 8 marker predictions for each approach and issues and debates, advice on how to cram
Reply 10
Original post by sanriolvr221

also abt cramming (my speciality)
if we are trying to do it in a reasonable way, red pages of the textbook/notes, and test yourself, there quizzes everywhere online.
orr, just write every single person that comes up in the topic and what they talked about on a flashcard and the days/night before the exam just read over it, until you've memorised it.
for the studies and theories you might have to work a little bit more , but ^^^^ works really well for me
Reply 11
going through the pps, ive noticed they always have a least one 8 marker regarding some sort of methodological issue/element.
eg correlations, questionnaires in research, case studies, ethical and practical issues of research, use of experiments

they haven't asked the key question is social psych yet!!!

also, agency theory, milligram, sherif, identity theory, conflict theory, reconstructive memory, tulving, bandora 1961, 1963, baddlely are yet to come up as 8 markers, but these have been small answer questions in the past
Original post by C.A. J
also abt cramming (my speciality)
if we are trying to do it in a reasonable way, red pages of the textbook/notes, and test yourself, there quizzes everywhere online.
orr, just write every single person that comes up in the topic and what they talked about on a flashcard and the days/night before the exam just read over it, until you've memorised it.
for the studies and theories you might have to work a little bit more , but ^^^^ works really well for me

Thank u sm!!
Original post by C.A. J
going through the pps, ive noticed they always have a least one 8 marker regarding some sort of methodological issue/element.
eg correlations, questionnaires in research, case studies, ethical and practical issues of research, use of experiments

they haven't asked the key question is social psych yet!!!

also, agency theory, milligram, sherif, identity theory, conflict theory, reconstructive memory, tulving, bandora 1961, 1963, baddlely are yet to come up as 8 markers, but these have been small answer questions in the past

I need to practice the maths like spearman rho , standard deviation etc easy 4 marks
Original post by silly_billy123

i think baddley will be an 8mark, it’s never been done before, also make sure u revise psychodynamic!!
Reply 15
I've been doing past papers but the thing that's stumping me are the Research Method 8 markers. I never know how to write enough to fill 8 marks, like an 8 marker on questionnaires? Or experiments?
Reply 16
i think if the question was sth like 'evaluate the use of lab experiments in social psychology' you would list advantages and disadvantages of the method, using examples , like milligram as he used a lab experiment. eg it was artificial so couldn't determine the true extent of obedience in a real life setting, or that is was good, cos he was able to offer explanations as to why nazi soldiers were so obedient, (high authority figure, proximity etc) im sure there are other examples but that the first that comes to mind

you could also give an example about a social psych experiment that wasn't lab, eg the sedikides and jackson study (obedience in the zoo, when they were told not to lean on the railings , tested uniform, proximity , which was in a natural setting which is arguably more helpful in measuring real life obedience , explain some findings and applications

that's what i would write abt
Original post by r0ma1a
I've been doing past papers but the thing that's stumping me are the Research Method 8 markers. I never know how to write enough to fill 8 marks, like an 8 marker on questionnaires? Or experiments?
Reply 17
Original post by r0ma1a

its helpful if you know what method each study did so you can use them in the essays
Reply 18
Hihiii I just done my geo exammm, I’m gonna revise psychology now. Do you have some advice or suggestions?? On basically what I can to between now and Friday 😭
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Jihoooo
Hihiii I just done my geo exammm, I’m gonna revise psychology now. Do you have some advice or suggestions?? On basically what I can to between now and Friday 😭

go over your summaraised notes and read them twice a day, so the info in general goes into your brain so six times by friday's exam. do essay plans, attempt past papers, if youve got flashcards go over those, and avoid passive techniques such as just writing out new notes, rather do stuff that forces your brain to brainstorm the answer like quizzes, blurting, mindmaps and past papers. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending