The Student Room Group

self teach A-level Pysics?

Is it a good idea to self teach (with the help of a tutor) A-Level physics? I would consider myself a high acheiver and I think I could cope.
Reply 1
Do you mean take the a level without enrolling in a college? Isn't there a coursework requirement that would make that kind of difficult?
It's not self teaching if you are having a tutor guide you.
Reply 3
I've done it in a year and came out with an A.
Reply 4
Erm. It would be possible to do, although you'd need access to some form of lab or something to ba able to do the coursework element.
Reply 5
Original post by Jed_
Is it a good idea to self teach (with the help of a tutor) A-Level physics? I would consider myself a high acheiver and I think I could cope.

Teaching yourself the content isn't too hard if you are good at maths and have a good memory. Assuming you are currently at school, you can do them with another physics group fairly simply. No particular problems with it.
Reply 6
I was thinking of doing the practical assessment at the school I currently attend and I don’t think that that would be a problem. I am studying Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History as well. The only reason I want to do physics is because I massively regret not taking it but I don’t want to drop any of my subjects.
Reply 7
Original post by Jed_
I was thinking of doing the practical assessment at the school I currently attend and I don’t think that that would be a problem. I am studying Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History as well. The only reason I want to do physics is because I massively regret not taking it but I don’t want to drop any of my subjects.

So did you end up self teaching physics then?
Original post by Jed_

Hi I know it has been 3 years but did you manage to do it? What did you get? It's just that I'm self-teaching physics now :smile:
Reply 9
Note to necromancers:

You can check people's last activity on their profile. You can also see their posts. This clearly shows that the use in question is no longer active (and if his age inputted is correct, this would coincide with going to university, if stalkers need any more info...)

your questions shall probably remain unanswered. Have a nice day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest