The Student Room Group

Desperate for Help and Advice!

I am desperate for some help!

I am currently studying a Foundation Degree in Working with Young People and have been volunteering now for 2 years at my local youth centre. Unfortunately, the youth service has had some massive cuts as you all may know and I just cant see a light at the end of the tunnel for young people or for myself in regards to a career as a youth worker.

I used to be an outdoor activity instructor and want to continue working with young people so am looking to combine the two.

I have found a Foundation Degree in Outdoor Activities which looks amazing. The only problem is I spoke to Student Finance England and have found out that I can not get a student loan. I get financial support for my OU Degree as my salary is below £16k a year.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could pay for this course!? I have looked into other loans but with a full time course I wouldn't be earning enough to pay the monthly payments...

Someone at the Uni's admissions mentioned sponsorship but they have not got back to me with further details like they said they would.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Nina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending