The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ??????????????????
It's just all factors being the same except one which you're testing for :/
The carrots can be different sizes because they used ratios so can still be compared.

oh I see now! Thank you very much :smile:
I'm guessing you don't like plants. If so you'll hate unit 4.

Nope, just dislike HSW. :P
I'm okay with heart diseases, but I just can't remember the lung diseases or do half the Maths questions :frown:
Original post by AtomicMan
It doesnt matter if the carrots are cut different sizes because I believe (for this question), the carrots were compared in ratios which takes into account their initial and final sizes so they can be compared. I think this was the gist for the answer, the mark scheme was more specific (as always with aqa :rolleyes:)

:smile:

Thanks very much for the help! :smile:
Original post by Mocking_bird

You'll still hate it.
Original post by Mocking_bird

I agree, I hate HSW, it seems the questions are so open ended but they want exact answers -.-

I will also be dreading Unit 4, ecology :s-smilie: Unit 2 seems to have alot of plant/animals stuff aswell :/
Also, the fluid-mosaic model is so called because the phospholipid molecules can move realitve to each other (fluid), but the mark scheme just confused me, as for mosaic is says that is because the proteins and phospholipids are of different sizes and shapes, however I thought that all the phospholipid molecules would be of the same size/shape o.O Or am I just confused and they really just mean proteins in the phospholipid bilayer?

help!
Reply 187
Re-taking this exam nd still havent started to revise so many exams in Jan :frown:
Original post by AtomicMan
Also, the fluid-mosaic model is so called because the phospholipid molecules can move realitve to each other (fluid), but the mark scheme just confused me, as for mosaic is says that is because the proteins and phospholipids are of different sizes and shapes, however I thought that all the phospholipid molecules would be of the same size/shape o.O Or am I just confused and they really just mean proteins in the phospholipid bilayer?

help!

You got scattered proteins, glycoproteins and phospholipids which make it look like a mosaic. (Might have carbohydrates can't remember). I think the phospholipids are the same size as each other but proteins aren't the same size as phospholipids.

Can see the different sizes.
You got scattered proteins, glycoproteins and phospholipids which make it look like a mosaic. (Might have carbohydrates can't remember). I think the phospholipids are the same size as each other but proteins aren't the same size as phospholipids.

Can see the different sizes.

Yes, but I'm talking about the phospholipids that make up the bilayered sheet, they cant be of different sizes since they are the same molecule :s-smilie:
Reply 190
does anyone know if we need to know about starch, cellulose and glycogen~
Reply 191
Original post by kimm
does anyone know if we need to know about starch, cellulose and glycogen~

Starch yes- starch digestion, and the idea that it's made from alpha glucose.
That's all - more detail in unit 2 e.g how its insoluble.

Cellulose and glycogen are also in unit 2
I'm screwed for this exam.
Got a C in June, wanting an A preferably this time round but I'll settle for a solid B.
I find I know the gist of all the topics but I find it hard to remember the detail, anyone else get this?
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I'm screwed for this exam.
Got a C in June, wanting an A preferably this time round but I'll settle for a solid B.
I find I know the gist of all the topics but I find it hard to remember the detail, anyone else get this?

I'm more of bad technique when answering than remembering it. Was the C overall or C in this paper?
I'm more of bad technique when answering than remembering it. Was the C overall or C in this paper?

Both.
Got an A in the ISA/coursework/whatever you call it, a C in this paper and a D on module 2. Resitting that one too, of course. I'm aiming for a B in the whole thing, but an A would be nice.
Both.
Got an A in the ISA/coursework/whatever you call it, a C in this paper and a D on module 2. Resitting that one too, of course. I'm aiming for a B in the whole thing, but an A would be nice.

Resitting for an A. Not sure if I'll get it but more UMS is nice anyway.
Resitting for an A. Not sure if I'll get it but more UMS is nice anyway.

Yeah. More UMS at AS=less at A2.
I'm just worried since my uni choices want As in sciences so that means I basically need As in my maths and bio. :/
Reply 197
Do we know need to know how to read an ECG?

Do we need to know about the medulla and chemical receptors or sensory receptors involved in the lungs chapter?

Do we need to know about diastole and systole cuz i dont see it in the specification?!?!

and does anyone have any noteson the lung diseases???
Yeah. More UMS at AS=less at A2.
I'm just worried since my uni choices want As in sciences so that means I basically need As in my maths and bio. :/

What's the third subject and uni course?
What's the third subject and uni course?

Economics and applying for Optometry. Anglia Ruskin want ABB though, with an A in a science (should be getting that in maths). Manchester rejected me so whatever for them but I'm waiting on two other places to get back to me (my backup want BCC so yeah).

Latest

Trending

Trending