The Student Room Group

Revision Struggles?! Join the 2023 TSR All Day Revision Thread!

The All Day Revision Thread is BACK!

Hello, bonjour, ciao
It's time for the annual return of the All Day Revision Thread, 6th edition! (credit to Anon_98 for the idea :girl:)

Basically you can post your to-do list for the day, or what you're going to be doing for a particular period of time and then come back and update us on how it went :h: In previous years we've built up a lovely community of people supporting each other to achieve their goals :proud:

Here's a possible structure you could follow

Just pop in when you need to get stuff done and we'll encourage you along the way!

Happy studying everyone, let's get these grades

Scroll to see replies

1:30 - 3:30pm : I'm going to kick my first session off with some computing lectures, and make some lunch :woo:
3:30-4pm : break , might go on a run if it's not raining by then
4-5pm : probability lecture
Original post by flaurie
1:30 - 3:30pm : I'm going to kick my first session off with some computing lectures, and make some lunch :woo:
3:30-4pm : break , might go on a run if it's not raining by then
4-5pm : probability lecture

yet to do the probability lecture but will get it done today!
Tagging everyone who voted in the When are you planning to start revising? poll, hopefully this thread can be some help to you :h:

Spoiler

jooceper
x

Kan-dy
x

Kandaman123
x

kate_mckinnon
x

katyy1855
x

KorruptDragon
x

kvpl01
x

Labradoodle1
x

lath.08
x

laylahhajismaili
x

lean1bean
x

lylamurray
x

MedApplicantttt
x

mia.gmia
x

MirrorEclipse
x

MM_68
x

Nerolio
x

Neymarswho1730
x

nottfatima
x

oioi!
x

pacificatlas
x

platinumlily
x

pranamedhi
x

rambea
x

RambleAmple
x

randomperson321
x

rayhxn97
x

rosie3214
x

Ruth_29
x

sailormoonmeow
x

Sarah Grose
x

sarenka
x

schtics
x

Shib.
x

skff
x

Spampaper_
x

spitfire308
x

strawbaree
x

SupremeMemer
x

Suzie.w
x

Teruko
x

tinkereleanor
x

tochi04
x

TomE467
x

ubiquitouslion
x

user94562
x

username5985968
x

username6097502
x

W4FFLE
x

waterenjoyer
x

xeulaila
x

Yellow_clouds
x

[QUOTE=_.bethan

x

Abc12371
x

alexharker
x

amvb4
x

AN05
x

asunkenplace
x

BarnabyK
x

blabla2020202
x

BraveEagle
x

chai2k6
x

chocobar111
x

davidcrystal
x

eeinzyy
x

FatalArcher
x

flaurie
x

FriedFish
x

GeT_iN_SHinJI
x

heldbygrace
x

Hello2134
x

hm-notsure098
x

inthemood
x

JA03
x

JPF6
x

kanniel
x

KH4N_
x

lantelomiles
x

ldasilva
x

lilz0403
x

lochanask
x

lolaburgh
x

looniae
x

Lucy_Noble
x

meepsie
x

MiriGyu
x

Mohib.M
x

NokuM75
x

oweiwie
x

PerryChiu
x

physicsisbad12
x

Raed.S
x

RaymondHK
x

rw14_
x

sangniel
x

saule.mel
x

sham30
x

shark06
x

soupyducks
x

Splxsh
x

ssgzatichi
x

tally11
x

vesq
x

[QUOTE=Zzzsq
Freyab19
x

Hfzibby
x

JeremyStudy
x

leahhsss
x

Se.De
x

STiron9
x

TheMoistCabbage
x

TheNightmare-
x

TomokoRainMaker
x

z_iaa
x

14t
x

222333ding
x

adgadfadf
x

Agiwghthtwtbey
x

anon25x
x

BobTheBookworm
x

Bouncy6676
x

bravesty5040
x

cooljellyfish12
x

dorkpop2000
x

Fifi23
x

FrankieRedd
x

Harik0
x

IntroNotExtro
x

issaac
x

Johnny Valentine
x

js2k6z
x

kyl3_
x

Louria-
x

Maddi987
x

Reuben Reeves
x

sara is
x

sj295
x

tanav
x

Thisismyunitsr
x

Thorn7274
x

Tse6
x

username6096992
x

Wooord!
x

xNinjaMeloN
x

yeppiyeppi
x

04MR17
x

Ambergris
x

Dynasm
x

golden_oldie
x

hipokondriyak
x

james.meads
x

jameshaw
x

Naranoc
x

nendo_stan
x

owenpuppy21
x

Talkative Toad
x

I like this idea!! today is an English-focused day:

- Finish an article for paper 2
- Analyse 3 model answers
- Coursework

My spring term to-do list (going up till 31st march/easter hols) is close to being done with 2 weeks still to go so ive been able to focus on homework this weekend!!
Original post by flaurie
The All Day Revision Thread is BACK!

Hello, bonjour, ciao
It's time for the annual return of the All Day Revision Thread, 6th edition! (credit to Anon_98 for the idea :girl:)

Basically you can post your to-do list for the day, or what you're going to be doing for a particular period of time and then come back and update us on how it went :h: In previous years we've built up a lovely community of people supporting each other to achieve their goals :proud:

Here's a possible structure you could follow

Just pop in when you need to get stuff done and we'll encourage you along the way!

Happy studying everyone, let's get these grades

Thanks! But who has an attention span of 90 minutes?
Original post by izzy4509x
I like this idea!! today is an English-focused day:

- Finish an article for paper 2
- Analyse 3 model answers
- Coursework

My spring term to-do list (going up till 31st march/easter hols) is close to being done with 2 weeks still to go so ive been able to focus on homework this weekend!!

I don't have that much planned.
Great idea, I’m totally on board!

Today, Maths:
10-12am: Practice Papers
12-3pm: Break, Watch Formula 2 race, Play Football Manager
3pm-5pm: Focused topics (Circle Geometry, Volume, Change the Subject)
5pm onwards: Done for the day, time for Formula 1
Alright for today-
topic 2 and 3 for CS (go through flashcards and then topic exam Qs)
Maths- functions, partial fractions,cooridinate geometry, binomial expansion (topic exam Q's)
Project academic comeback inbound 💪
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by justlearning1469
Thanks! But who has an attention span of 90 minutes?

I don't have that much planned.

I'm afraid you'll need that long of an attention span for your exams! Especially after easter when i was at school I'd try and do a past paper a few times a week to force my brain to get used to focussing for that length of time :smile:
Original post by aliasAlias
Great idea, I’m totally on board!

Today, Maths:
10-12am: Practice Papers
12-3pm: Break, Watch Formula 2 race, Play Football Manager
3pm-5pm: Focused topics (Circle Geometry, Volume, Change the Subject)
5pm onwards: Done for the day, time for Formula 1

Fair enough. Which Formula 2/1 races do you like the most?
Original post by lollapoalso
Alright for today-
topic 2 and 3 for CS (go through flashcards and then topic exam Qs)
Maths- functions, partial fractions,cooridinate geometry, binomial expansion (topic exam Q's)
Project academic comeback inbound 💪

What grades are you aiming for?
Original post by flaurie
I'm afraid you'll need that long of an attention span for your exams! Especially after easter when i was at school I'd try and do a past paper a few times a week to force my brain to get used to focussing for that length of time :smile:

A few people have suspected me to have ADHD, so the attention span would be relatively short (although if I'm very interested in something, I could keep it up for a much longer time).

Depends on how long I can keep my interest for... but something would have to be extremely interesting for me to keep going at a task non-stop for 90 minutes. I'm not sure if I've ever kept attention for that long.
A few people have suspected me to have ADHD, so the attention span would be relatively short (although if I'm very interested in something, I could keep it up for a much longer time).

Depends on how long I can keep my interest for... but something would have to be extremely interesting for me to keep going at a task non-stop for 90 minutes. I'm not sure if I've ever kept attention for that long.

Have you heard of the pomodoro technique? You might find that it could work better for you, it's 25 minute study and then a 5 minute break (and repeat). There are websites like https://pomofocus.io/ that can keep a timer as well as a to-do list :smile:
Fair enough. Which Formula 2/1 races do you like the most?

What grades are you aiming for?

AAA- maths cs econ. Im done with econ tho, and am capable of an A, not aiming for anything higher. Im gonna put more time into cs and maths for now to see if i can get A* in both.
Original post by flaurie
Have you heard of the pomodoro technique? You might find that it could work better for you, it's 25 minute study and then a 5 minute break (and repeat). There are websites like https://pomofocus.io/ that can keep a timer as well as a to-do list :smile:

I've heard of it, although even 25 minutes can be too much for me.
AAA- maths cs econ. Im done with econ tho, and am capable of an A, not aiming for anything higher. Im gonna put more time into cs and maths for now to see if i can get A* in both.

Fair enough, then. My predicteds are also AAA in math, psych and physics. I'm going to put more time in maths and aim for A*
I've heard of it, although even 25 minutes can be too much for me.

Fair enough, then. My predicteds are also AAA in math, psych and physics. I'm going to put more time in maths and aim for A*

AAA is what i need for uniWhat have u applied for???
(edited 11 months ago)
AAA is what i need for uni, my preds are A*A*A maths,cs econ. What have u applied for???

Maths/statistics/physics. I have offers from Newcastle/Southampton/Glasgow. Mid RGs but still good... I was somewhat conservative and rushed the final decisions. Plus I had other things to do.
Maths/statistics/physics. I have offers from Newcastle/Southampton/Glasgow. Mid RGs but still good... I was somewhat conservative and rushed the final decisions. Plus I had other things to do.

those unis are amazing. wishing u the best of luck!!!! Hopefully we both get in where we want to.
Maths Paper
Physics Homework
History American West
Geography
those unis are amazing. wishing u the best of luck!!!! Hopefully we both get in where we want to.

Thanks! But at least... if my grades are better than expected, to some extent i'd rather be exceptional in a decent uni than average in an exceptional uni.
For today:
Chemistry- catalysis
Biology- nervous system questions
Physics- finish oscillations
Biology again- gene technology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending