The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mocking_bird
Ah how people have dropped off slowly. :ninja:

1) What is a triglyceride made up of?
2) What increases the efficiency of gas exchange?
3) What is the structure of a phospholipid bilayer?

NEVERRR :biggrin:

1) gycerol and 3 fatty acids
2) difference in concentration. large suface area. thin diffusion pathway
3) hydrophobic tails pint inwards and hydrophilic head outwards (to water)
Reply 581
Just lurking.
Staying up late to revise for a chemistry mock (that i didnt even know existed until about 20 minutes ago)... and i've not started learning chem properly yet :frown:
Spent all my time on biology and maths XD
1) Describe inspiration
2) To treat TB, a combination of four drugs is often given. Explain why this is necessary?
3) What is a risk?
4) Why cant living things be ovserved in TEM?
5) Describe co transport
Reply 583
Original post by britash
Just lurking.
Staying up late to revise for a chemistry mock (that i didnt even know existed until about 20 minutes ago)... and i've not started learning chem properly yet :frown:
Spent all my time on biology and maths XD

Good luck.
haha we've been doing a question and answer session for HOURS. I'm so sad :'( :L
Reply 584
Original post by xDesertRose
1) Describe inspiration
2) To treat TB, a combination of four drugs is often given. Explain why this is necessary?
3) What is a risk?
5) Describe co transport

1) External intercostal muscles contract, internal relax. Diaphram contracts, meaning that it flattens, and increases the volume of the thorax (or thoracic cavity). Also Ribs are pushed upwards and outwards, increasing vol of thorax. Increased vol of thorax = pulmonary pressure is lower, so atmospheric pressure is higher. therefore air is forced into the lungs
2) because there's different strains of tb? :s-smilie::s-smilie: wtf
3) The chance that a hazard causes harm, so probability, e.g. 60%.
5) Co-transport --> sodium ions actively transported out of the epithelial cells via potassium sodium pump and goes into the blood. high sodium concentration in the lumen of the intestine than the cells, so when sodium enters again via a normal concentration gradient, glucose enters too, via a protein carrier, and is taken in. Then glucose is passed down into the blood via facilitated diffusion.
Reply 585
Original post by EffKayy
Good luck.
haha we've been doing a question and answer session for HOURS. I'm so sad :'( :L

Yeah I watched for a bit :smile:
I might join in tomorrow or when you do it again as its a super good way to quickly revise and its almost *fun* haha XD
Original post by EffKayy
1) External intercostal muscles contract, internal relax. Diaphram contracts, meaning that it flattens, and increases the volume of the thorax (or thoracic cavity). Also Ribs are pushed upwards and outwards, increasing vol of thorax. Increased vol of thorax = pulmonary pressure is lower, so atmospheric pressure is higher. therefore air is forced into the lungs
2) because there's different strains of tb? :s-smilie::s-smilie: wtf
3) The chance that a hazard causes harm, so probability, e.g. 60%.
5) Co-transport --> sodium ions actively transported out of the epithelial cells via potassium sodium pump and goes into the blood. high sodium concentration in the lumen of the intestine than the cells, so when sodium enters again via a normal concentration gradient, glucose enters too, via a protein carrier, and is taken in. Then glucose is passed down into the blood via facilitated diffusion.

2) some forms of m.tuberculosis do not respond to certain drugs / there is a greater chance that if all four are given one will be effective (i know aqa are -_-)
3)a measure of probability that damage to health will occur as a result of a given hazard (basically what u said)
anyone got a clue on what might come up as the two 5 mark q's im guessing it might be something on the heart
anyone got a clue on what might come up as the two 5 mark q's im guessing it might be something on the heart

or a question on tuberculosis or asthma etc.
Original post by inyoursystem
or a question on tuberculosis or asthma etc.

Wasnt that a question on Jan11 :s-smilie:
Reply 590

Breathing mechanisms I reckon.
Or cholera.
But we'll be fine :wink:
1) Describe inspiration
3) What is a risk?
5) Describe co transport

1) External intercostal muscles contract, ribcage moves upwards and outwards. Diaphragm muscles contract and diaphragm flattens. This increases volume of thorax and decreases pressure inside thorax below atmospheric so air enters the lungs along a pressure gradient.
2) TB can mutate so there are different strains and it is necessary to ensure the treatment of tb is successful.
3) A risk is a factor which contributes to gaining a disease? Im not sure.
4) It is an electron microscope which requires a vacuum.
5) 2 molecules join together and travel together by facilitated diffusion through a carrier or channel protein.
Original post by EffKayy
Breathing mechanisms I reckon.
Or cholera.
But we'll be fine :wink:

Hopefully we will :biggrin:
I think ill call it a night, any longer and ill wake up at 11am :rolleyes:
Reply 594
Original post by Mocking_bird
1) External intercostal muscles contract, ribcage moves upwards and outwards. Diaphragm muscles contract and diaphragm flattens. This increases volume of thorax and decreases pressure inside thorax below atmospheric so air enters the lungs along a pressure gradient.
2) TB can mutate so there are different strains and it is necessary to ensure the treatment of tb is successful.
3) A risk is a factor which contributes to gaining a disease? Im not sure.
4) It is an electron microscope which requires a vacuum.
5) 2 molecules join together and travel together by facilitated diffusion through a carrier or channel protein.

Haha I said the same think about number 2 :frown: but we're wrong fmllllllll

and number 3 - remember it's the CHANCE it will cause harm/damage etc :smile:

Omg we've revised loads but it doesnt seem like it :biggrin:
Original post by EffKayy

Yeppp just need to do the same for chemistry and maths :colondollar:
I think ill call it a night, any longer and ill wake up at 11am :rolleyes:

I have to be up by 7.30am, soooo going to be hard after i've been getting up at like 12 every day for 2weeks :colondollar:

Original post by EffKayy

Yep! I'm pretty sure we've ran out of questions already hahah, besides the ones which require tables/graphs and all of that. Tomorrow i'll try and steal a couple of questions like that from past papers :P
Reply 597
Are you guys going college/sixthform tommorow? I start on thursday woo.
Yes :cry2:.
Apparantly some colleges (well, 1 person said they were in a different thread) are getting study leave now, straight after christmas holidays. I've never been so jealous. :P
Original post by EffKayy
Are you guys going college/sixthform tommorow? I start on thursday woo.

I start on the 9th :smile:
I wish I was going back tomorrow, though. I sort of miss everyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending