The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 - 12th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

P.S reply soon i'm going crazy thinking about this!
Reply 121
Original post by Hattie0912
Got results today! i agree i found it easyish, yet i got the worst out of all 3 sciences :frown: How did everyone else do? I really want to know because my school said loads of other schools didnt do as well as hoped because the government are trying to make gcses harder. I dont think anyone got an a star in biology at my school its shocking!

Yeah i got an A (87) and only one got A* in our school
Its ridiculous they should move the boundries or something :/
I got A (88) getting it remarked !
I got:

A for biology (84/10)
A* for chemistry (93/10)
A* for physics (95/100)

These were the triple science though.
I might do that i got one off an a (79) and was expecting/hoping for an a*!
Original post by LFC Jake
Yeah i got an A (87) and only one got A* in our school

Same with me, A at 87%! I'm pretty happy, the highest i heard someone got in our school is 89% still an A! No a star student i've encountered yet - those boundaries were awesome!
Isnt it 90 UMS for an a* not percentage? its like 48 out of 60 marks so its 80 percent for an a*
so was 90% A*? if it is I will get it remarked because thats only like 1 extra mark I need D: (got 88%)
loads of people at my school were quite upset with their grades.. I think the grade boundaries were quite high
noo I mean the number you get isnt a percentage thats your UMS. For UMS you need 90, for percentage you need 80 and for marks you need 48 out of 60
Original post by ErinHannah
I got:

A for biology (84/10)
A* for chemistry (93/10)
A* for physics (95/100)

yeah we're doing tripple too
I got biology :A (86) chemistry :A* (90) and physics :A (82) and i missed the back page do terry chuffed with that!!:smile:x
Reply 132
Original post by TheLalallama
so was 90% A*? if it is I will get it remarked because thats only like 1 extra mark I need D: (got 88%)
loads of people at my school were quite upset with their grades.. I think the grade boundaries were quite high

We were told that the grade boundary for an A* were:
physics- 44/60 (73%)
biology-48/60 (80%)
chemistry-48/60 (80%)
so they were actually quite low but it seems that the tests must have been extremely hard considering how few people actually got a*s.
Reply 133
i Got a C(69)... so upset... this was my first gcse
im probably being really dumb here.. but what is UMS?
Original post by ErinHannah
I got:

A for biology (84/10)
A* for chemistry (93/10)
A* for physics (95/100)

wow you did really well :O :smile:
Original post by TheLalallama
wow you did really well :O :smile:

Thanks! c:
Reply 137
i'm really confused, i missed out the back page on the physics paper (i had time, but didnt see it), and yet i still had an a*??, i got 91??
I got a C Both 65 UMS. I'm really up-set as I was expected an A/A*. I thought the Biology was really easy, I guess the mark scheme was really harsh.

My teacher said they exact same thing. How the government are making the GCSE's a lot harder.
Reply 139
Im in Yr 9...we took our GCSE early. this was my first ever exam- my result...(69)C.... im so upset with it considering im predicted an A.. Please give me some advice

also in the brackets the (69)---what does it mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending