The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2012

Scroll to see replies

In world cities is the actually focus on world cities like mega cities and stuff likely to come up or transport or waste management? Predictions pretty please

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1781
Original post by jamesrunacres
it can prompt urban regeneration schemes in the cbd - i assume you mean advantages to the cbd

Employment opportunities, i'm doing the Trafford Centre as a case study so I'd say stuff like it was built on a brownfield site so technically didn't contribute to urban sprawl :smile:
Reply 1782
Original post by jamesrunacres
it can prompt urban regeneration schemes in the cbd - i assume you mean advantages to the cbd

I do indeed, let's just hope we get a question about the issues decentralisation causes..
Reply 1783
What notes has everyone got for transport? Ive got basic stuff on how congestion/traffic issues came about, then management examples such as radial roads e.g M25 (and the consequent congestion on that, then the expansion of it..), then also car-sharing lanes in Birmingham (it is Birmingham isnt it?!). Bus lanes to encourage use of public transport. Then a more detailed case study of Manchester Metrolink.

Also, out of town retailing essay i'm planning it in my head currently!- is this ok?:
- Intro with causes of out of town retailing (e.g car ownership, introduction of warehouse style shops, change in shopping habits etc)
- Characteristics of out of town retail centres (link into my case study here)
- Positive impacts (jobs, waterproof, facilities, free car parks, alleviate congestion etc.)
- Negative impacts (takes retail focus away from centre... inner city decline etc)
- Then can I possibly bring in inner city retail centres as an example of solution to the problems? depends on the question I suppose.

Do I need to know much more for out of town retailing?
Original post by emilysadlerx
In world cities is the actually focus on world cities like mega cities and stuff likely to come up or transport or waste management? Predictions pretty please

no point in predictin unless you know for sure. just make sure you know everything perfectly :s-smilie:
Original post by smellycat123
does anyone draw maps/diagrams in their 40 mark essay like it suggests you do in the mark scheme grid. it seems like such a waste of time... what does everyone else think?

DO THIS V IMPORTANT. Level 4 straight away.
Hey, just wondering but if partnership led regeneration came up in June 2011, can they ask that again? I've revised property led, but not partnership? thanks :smile:
Reply 1787
if re-urbanisation came up- would you talk about regeneration schemes? like gentrification, udcs, properly led..?

please help i have this exam tomorow morning :frown:
Original post by rosey76
if re-urbanisation came up- would you talk about regeneration schemes? like gentrification, udcs, properly led..?

PM
Good Luck Tomorrow everyone. :-)

Original post by rosey76

Tomorrow morning? Questions please :colone:
Reply 1791
Original post by tam_sin
Wow :eek: i'm gonna go to bed soon and am not planning on getting up before 7 :cool:

i'm worried that I don't remember any of my case studies!! ahaha ... keep my books right next to my bed too, hopefully motivating me to get up and work!! LOL ...
Original post by swbp
If out of town retailing comes up, what are the advantages?

The only ones I can think of are a reduction in congestion into cities due to serving a larger area, and the fact that they offer people a wider range of facilites (leisure also)....

positive x effect upon the area that it occurs in, incr in employment adds to this, often uses brownfield sites, employment in construction and running of the centre....
Reply 1793
Original post by VanessaXD
cool, hopefully its a nice exam...:biggrin:

yes fingers crossed!! LOL .. just be cool and think positive and it will all be fine :smile:
Reply 1794
Original post by rosey76

Yes as soon as you see re-urbanisation think 3 types: Gentrification, Property-led regeneration and partnerships between government and private sector. Property led is your UDCs and Partnerships are City Challenge. You'll need a case study for each. Plus LDC re-urb case study e.g Dharavi.

Unlikely it'll come up all in one question though if its in the structured qs bit, too much to talk about.

P.S exam is in the afternoon
Reply 1795
Original post by Mizz_S
i'm worried that I don't remember any of my case studies!! ahaha ... keep my books right next to my bed too, hopefully motivating me to get up and work!! LOL ...

I'm the same right now.
Original post by Heyimdec
Tomorrow morning? Questions please :colone:

I think it'd depend on what marks the question was... If you do the 40 Marker and it's on Re-Urbanisation include all three.

Where as a 7,8 or 10 Marker I'd concentrate and be specific on one and include a case study.
Outline the process... It's likely to ask its impacts and effects.

It's a good Question. :-)

^ Hope that helps. :-) ^

What are the major extrusive volcanic landforms?

Original post by DavidCrow
DO THIS V IMPORTANT. Level 4 straight away.

But surely its almost impossible for some, such as a globalisation essay such as trade vs aid, or a tectonics essay on the human impacts on earthquakes or something along these lines? How do you incorporate maps/diagrams to something like this?? :confused:
Reply 1799
Original post by amy383871
What are the major extrusive volcanic landforms?

Types of volcanoes, so lava plateaux, ash, acid, basic shield, caldera and composite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending