Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by The Illuminati
I said yeah coz they share a common ancestor

I wrote this aswell

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lomas
dammit!!

did you talk about all the glycogenolysis and glycogen to glucose for ATP for the why is glycogen present?

OOH I said glycogenolysis - thought it might get me a sneaky extra mark :L
Lol, there was a spot the difference question again! The exact same thing happened in F215 for January 2012.
Original post by MyselfEtAl
They better be low as hell, I thought the Jan paper was actually alright!! This was like :lolwut::s-smilie:::frown::sigh::cry2:

i couldnt have put it better myself!!!?!?
i thoguht no cause they are not disticnt as they have sam biochemistry e.t.c?
Reply 5985
Was the process shown succession and I didn't write primary would I still get the mark

For the question on how increased H+ ion concentration reduces the force of muscle contraction:

I wrote about how H+ ions would change pH, interfere with bonds between R-groups, disrupt tertiary structure and possibly denature myosin and actin so cross-bridges can no longer be formed.

I also said it H+ ions might disrupt membrane potential and cause the sarcoplasmic reticulum to release less calcium ions.

Would that attract marks?
Original post by racheatworld
I didn't write splitting embryos. I wrote nuclear transfer, then you can split the embryo that has been created by nuclear transfer to insert it into more surrogate goats.

And the question didn't ask for one clone, is said how they would clone to make a population.

This is what I was trying to explain to you lol
Original post by otrivine
i thoguht no cause they are not disticnt as they have sam biochemistry e.t.c?

It was in terms of phylogeny not the biological thingamabob
Reply 5989
The measels question was pretty much exactly the same as the hedgehog question on a past paper, you had to emphasise that there will be less breeding pairs in the future because the measels eat the EGGS, not the adults, so population will decrease :smile:
Original post by Kir4nK
Was the process shown succession and I didn't write primary would I still get the mark

Oh no, I only wrote succession too primary/secondary didn't even cross my mind D:
Original post by shooby_doo
ikr! And i couldnt help but smile at the cats ...

When I saw the cats I literally laughed out loud!

Original post by The Illuminati
It was in terms of phylogeny not the biological thingamabob

no i9t was taxomy and that is the study of classification
Original post by RachelM94
I Put no - my reason was all muddled up though :/

No was the cocrrect answer because their most common ancestor was the same common ancestor of ALL the species therefore if you'd have to say all are the same taxonomic group if this was the case which it isn't =)

yeah i said that they cant be in different taxa cause they're similar :s-smilie: and share a common ancestor
Original post by Scintillate
For the question on how increased H+ ion concentration reduces the force of muscle contraction:

I wrote about how H+ ions would change pH, interfere with bonds between R-groups, disrupt tertiary structure and possibly denature myosin and actin so cross-bridges can no longer be formed.

I also said it H+ ions might disrupt membrane potential and cause the sarcoplasmic reticulum to release less calcium ions.

Would that attract marks?

Thats what I put :five:
Reply 5996
Original post by RachelM94
Oh no, I only wrote succession too primary/secondary didn't even cross my mind D:

Oh no ! :/ my friends all wrote succession n then we predicted that mark scheme would be like (primary) succession where they just ignore primary or secondary

how could anyone outline the steps for cloning the goat for 5 marks ?????
Original post by walkbesideme
No was the cocrrect answer because their most common ancestor was the same common ancestor of ALL the species therefore if you'd have to say all are the same taxonomic group if this was the case which it isn't =)

So if you wrote no with a wrong explanation, would you still get the mark cause it was only worth 1 wasn't it?

yeah but it was focused more on the phylenogenic way not the biological way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending