The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography (AS & A2) help/discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

I'd appreciate that too! My college 'ran out of time' so I'm really not ready for this exam.
Does anyone have a breakdown of all g2 topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMikeEsq
I'd appreciate that too! My college 'ran out of time' so I'm really not ready for this exam.
Does anyone have a breakdown of all g2 topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

check out the spec on the website :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Sammydodga
Hey, I'm resitting G3 too, got a C last time, but my question is on glaciation and China. I did so bad on the fieldwork (i think thats section B)

Yep same! Think it was section B that was the worst out of all of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Sup guys! Resitting my G3 and doing my G4 this summer (had a U in G3, didn't revise since I needed to nail the resits I had in January). My question is about G3, on my section B revision I've come across this question in the Jan 2010 paper

"Describe and justify different methods of acquiring information that could be used to investigate landforms in a river valley" it originally was "river sediments" but I changed it to the current research topic.

My problem is that I don't have a clue of what to talk about! I'm pretty sure it'll come up since it hasn't been asked since June 2011 so any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
What sort of things are we expected to put for the g2 fieldwork section?
I was clearer for g1 as it was a more physical fieldwork so there was a lot to say, but for g2 it's just a survey :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of things are we expected to put for the g2 fieldwork section?
I was clearer for g1 as it was a more physical fieldwork so there was a lot to say, but for g2 it's just a survey :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Survey, questionnaire, census data, sketches, archives ?
Original post by emzlynn
Does anyone have any predictions for G2, I need to do well in this exam!

Well my teacher said Gender structure could potentially come up, but other than that I don't know.
My teacher thinks planning is coming up for the investigation....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I have just got notes on: Dharavi in Mumbai, Sao Paul in Brazil, Facino Faso, the Green, blue and red revolution, Greenwich Millenium City and the Three Gorges Dam. What about you ? :smile: (Sorry about any incorrect spelling)

Out of curiousity what is the red revolution? We never learnt that. Feeling terrible about the exam, it is the one most likely to fail. Nervous about the G2 exam too.
Out of curiosity, does anyone's school/college have geog resources on their moodle?
All my teachers EXCEPT geog put all booklets etc on it. Anyone who puts G2 stuff online I will be forever indebted to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elitepower
Out of curiousity what is the red revolution? We never learnt that. Feeling terrible about the exam, it is the one most likely to fail. Nervous about the G2 exam too.

Yeh, i think its GM, where the gene that makes cotton inedible removed from cotton plants, so it can be eaten. I have lost the sheet though so I will find it and give you more detail :smile:
No, can't say i'm feeling confident :L
I would revise gender structures as these haven't come up since 2009! I also suggest looking at youth population, India etc.

Command Words:-

Outline:- give a brief summary
Explain:- give reasons for
Describe:- Say what you see
Justify:- Give reasons why
[QUOTE=Snowmadsam;42710194]I would revise gender structures as these haven't come up since 2009! I also suggest looking at youth population, India etc.

Command Words:-

Outline:- give a brief summary
Explain:- give reasons for
Describe:- Say what you see
Justify:- Give reasons why
If anyone has no idea what they would put, Q1, (b)- pages 8 will give you a good idea.
Case studies: AID's Botswana- China Little Emperors- China's one child policy cause female foeticide, which also applies to Iraq and India. Women die at younger age in stage 1/2 countries because of birth and heavy labour jobs- Guinea Bassua- Women still collect 90% of water and in Sub-Saharan African countries, women still do from 60-80% of agricultural labour. :smile: Hope that helps someone :smile:
Nice one David
What case studies are people using for the stuff on changes in the rural urban fringe, counter urbanisation etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by nadinelia11
My teacher thinks planning is coming up for the investigation....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do hope so! Its my faveourite one!
Reply 395
If anyone has no idea what they would put, Q1, (b)- pages 8 will give you a good idea.
Case studies: AID's Botswana- China Little Emperors- China's one child policy cause female foeticide, which also applies to Iraq and India. Women die at younger age in stage 1/2 countries because of birth and heavy labour jobs- Guinea Bassua- Women still collect 90% of water and in Sub-Saharan African countries, women still do from 60-80% of agricultural labour. :smile: Hope that helps someone :smile:

Yes :smile: Could you talk about birth rates for youthfull populations ie.china/india
Original post by emzlynn
Yes :smile: Could you talk about birth rates for youthfull populations ie.china/india

I don't think I would because the question is asking about gender structure, like the ratio of women to men, not birth rates of youthful population, but i'm not sure :s-smilie:
Nice one David
What case studies are people using for the stuff on changes in the rural urban fringe, counter urbanisation etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am using park and ride in York, which makes commuting from the rural-urban fringe easier into the inner City. But on second thoughts, I don't have that many case studies for it.
Also, can someone help me or give me some tips for question 3 please?
Reply 399
I don't think I would because the question is asking about gender structure, like the ratio of women to men, not birth rates of youthful population, but i'm not sure :s-smilie:

Aha :smile: You probably think I'm stupid now! Nahh, I meant if a question on youthfull populations came up, could you twist it to Birth rates? :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending